[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Flagging Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Flagging

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Flagging

Postby MisterJingles » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:34 am

I was thinking today- Is Flagging more technique error or gear problem.
I always thought that you could solve most any flagging problem with altered technique. However, I have heard many people say that they can't use this or can't do that because they tend to play CQB.

As a 6'4, Blonde Haired, M16 carrying person, I found ways to help not flag if I really cared about it.

Is this a problem for others? How do you help not flag around corners? Was it gear or could you fix it with technique?

Legion of Ares
MisterJingles

Re: Flagging

Postby -EAF- » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:59 am

I really don't understand the question lol.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:07 am

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Churchill » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:49 am

If it's a matter of taking corners, and he's saying some attribute it to gear, maybe he's talking about coming around a corner without jutting your barrel into a room like a nice big "Hello, shoot here" sign.
Churchill

Postby Supply Chief » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Are you refering to flagging in the sense of pointing your weapon in a direction towards friendlies? Any time I have the used the term flagging or heard it used it was the result of somebody not using proper muzzle awareness.
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby Faulken » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:33 pm

You mean "Muzzle Sweep" ?
Freelance Operator.
current association: N/A
Faulken

Postby Supply Chief » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:28 pm

11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby reloaded recon4 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:01 pm

lol if he's meaning when your barell is sticking out of the corner you can always try this.stand about 3 fett from the door and walk slowly towars the opposite side of the door in a half circle sweep taking out the room sections at a time so you don't get ambushed by someone sitting in a corner.
reloaded recon4

Postby Churchill » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Churchill

Postby reloaded recon4 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Yeah lol i thought i was the only one who did that by putting it on your shoulder.Firing from the hip is wayyy too innacurate.
reloaded recon4

Postby jonah37801 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Me to :lol:
-EAF- wrote:

-------- guns
aug 3 gen gearbox - turuss - de m3 trippel shotgun.
PORKCHOP!
jonah37801
AirsoftVet

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:30 am

one of the ways the military addapted to this issue in the war in iraq when most still carried the long m16 when they entered a building was to place the stock over the shoulder (generaly the right since most people statisticly speaking are right handed and aiming down the barrle and not the sights that shaved a good 2 feet off the front end profile of the gun, thats assuming you have a long gun, personaly with the sr-10 i keep my stock on 0 or 1 so i generaly keep it shouldered when i go around a door and put my back to the door frame opposite to the way im looking, so that way i can lean out quick and tuck back in quick with out anything obstructing me or my gun, another option is grab a P90 cause of the design and size of the gun you can stand right against the edge of the door and pop in and out with out worrying about smacking your gun on anything and if you include a laser on the left side of the gun most of the times you dont actuly have to put much of your head around the corner either to shoot if the need arises just poke the gun around and one eye, another protip for if your doing cqb or in side any structre avoid puting pouches on the sides of your vest as this will obstruct arm mobility and on occasions impeed quick movement threw doorways, same for front pouchs keep them as flat and close to the chest as you possibly can to prevent it from impeading your ability to strafe threw obsticals while shooting.

edit a good way to lower your profile when peaking or shooting around a door if the area around you provides you the ability crouch the leg closes to the door and swing your other leg out strait toward the arm opposit the leg you crouched on, to go in to a extreamly low and (suprisingly) comfortable crouch i use this method cause its the quickest to recover from when its time to move and doesnt require the use of your hands, quick to get in to, and out of, and still provides a (relitively)stable shooting position for short to medium term engagements.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Return to General Airsoft