[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - UPS Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

UPS

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

UPS

Postby -EAF- » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:38 pm

OK so I went to UPS today to ship a gun. when I said I would like to ship a package I was questioned heavily in what was in the package. It was like a crime that I was trying to ship a airsoft gun... So The guy decided that it was OK to ship it and then charged me $32.08 to ship the gun.... Shipping was $18 but he added 2 extra charges, 1 was $2.25 and the other was $11.25....Is this normal? Because If I was to ship the gun USPS then it would have cost me $15 not $32. Has this happen with anyone else?

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Re: UPS

Postby LimaGulf » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:43 pm

What assholes damn liberal media constantly trying to ban things they find harmful
LimaGulf

Postby chrisw670 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 pm

"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Postby -EAF- » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Dannick » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 pm

I've shipped several airsoft guns through UPS and USPS. When they ask what is in it, I tell them that it is an airsoft gun, which is similar to paintball and are only models. They normally understand and don't have any issues from there. Just my $0.02.

(And I know that comparing airsoft to paintball is ridiculous, but you have to explain these things using primitive terms when dealing with the less-informed population. :lol: )

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby LimaGulf » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:16 pm

LimaGulf

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:28 pm

I normally get all the dimensions, package it myself and then just go in the store. If they ask, I just say its a really long, heavy stick (jk). Don't walk in there with the original packaging that has a picture of a gun on the front of it. Use common sense and you will be fine. Just always question things If you think something might be up...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby ProfessorCrow » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:03 pm

When asked while shipping UPS, I usually just say It's a paintball gun/parts. ;)

Hasn't been a problem, especially since I live in a small town and know the local UPS guys by name.

-Crow
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby LimaGulf » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Ups guy : hey bud what you shippin
Airsofter: oh just a very large fully automatic airsoft gun
LimaGulf

Postby xandman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby LimaGulf » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:40 pm

I tend to label mine as high explosives or nuclear waste. Ahhhh cavity searches good times good times.
LimaGulf

Postby The Mechanic » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:31 am

WHAT? I mean: WTF??

Me I always try to use USPS because they are cheaper and they work on Saturdays. And No Cavity Searches!!

The cure for the common thief! -AKA -- punisherprock ---
The Mechanic

Postby -EAF- » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:23 am

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Sniper » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:06 am

I do what xandman does at UPS or FedEx. If they ask what's in the box, i just say airsoft toys (Because in reality.. that's what they are). Never had them question anything else... the word 'toy' really helps :)
TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steamid2
CS:S, TF2, L4D, etc.
Sniper

Postby grant.94 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:21 pm

just use the paypal print of sticker things and box everything at home. i walk through the door with the shipping label and packaged box and im in and out within a minute at most, no questions asked.
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Next

Return to General Airsoft