[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - GBB M16 Variants as"Firearms?" Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

GBB M16 Variants as"Firearms?"

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

GBB M16 Variants as"Firearms?"

Postby Rogue Element » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:12 pm

A recent memo, dated November 5th 2010, from the Deputy Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) now OFFICIALLY CLASSIFIES M16 VARIANT GAS BLOW BACK AIRSOFT REPLICAS AS FIREARMS!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =firefox-a

So it begins!

*EDIT - It seems that this ruling has been officially rescinded as of November 12th, 2010. Though, the fact that it was officially released prior still is a cause for concern.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot. ... ially.html

Last edited by Rogue Element on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Re: GBB M16 Variants are officially "Firearms"

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:27 pm

*Sigh*
Guess we won't be getting the new KWA's then...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Rogue Element » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:37 pm

"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 pm

I read this a little more and it made me wonder, What gun were they using for these tests? Also, I can understand them being worried that someone could take the upper of a real AR and put it on an Airsoft lower with some modifications but the real question I would have to ask is how did they get the upper? That's where I think ATF needs to watch. if someone is going to purchase a gun, then then they will but if they are purchasing parts for a gun then they need to be looking to see if that person even has a gun/license registered to them. If someone could enlighten me on what I might be missing then that would be great because I must be missing some of the picture here...
Last edited by Fluffy Boy 32 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby xandman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Well, I saw this coming but I wouldnt worry about it. Some large stores like Redwolf offer a protection against your item being taken by customs and such so just order from a large store such as them. I can already see everyone treating this like the Glock senario"OMG you cant get these" or "these are uber rare since you cant get them in the country" when you could of just got one from an asian store. Getting "less than savory items" out of a country isnt that hard (ex. some of the rifles and pistols that ASGK has deemed dangerous or the pistols and rifles that didnt comply with them and not deemed for export) I dont see the ATF getting customs to check every single box labeled "airsoft" or "Airsoft toy", this isnt the first time that an airsoft gun has been classified as a firearm or deemed dangerous.I wouldnt worry about this too much
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , å誉 , å°Šé‡ , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Re: GBB M16 Variants as"Firearms?"

Postby kirzach » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:30 am

Please.. do you have ANY idea how many shipping containers come into this country per day? Nobody checks them unless they have a reason to, and unless the radiological material detectors go off, checks are fairly few and far between. GBB M4s are no more rare than a trademarked GBB Glock. I've already seen asshats trying to make a quick buck by selling their GBB M4s as "super rare banned guns" because of the "questionable nature" of the GBB M4s. Same as the pricks trying to make ridiculous mark-ups on un-trademarked Glocks just because they look like a Glock, nevermind the lack of proper trades.
С.Т.Ð.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Return to General Airsoft