[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Paypal? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Paypal?

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Paypal?

Postby swimpat16 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Up to this point, I have done plenty of trades/sales on this site using cashier checks/money orders, and everything has been going fine. However, everyone seems to use Paypal, which sounds like a lot less of a hassle. However, whenever I do some Google searches, I find dozens of stories about how Paypal has ripped someone off or frozen their accounts. At this point I feel like "that guy" who is still stuck in the stone age, but I am not sure I want to risk the money over the convenience. Has anyone on here ever had problems with Paypal? Have they just had a sketchy past but have sense cleaned up their act? Or are they still problem ridden and insecure?

swimpat16

Re: Paypal?

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:44 pm

C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby goga333 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:04 pm

I have had dozens of transactions through PayPal and I have not had any trouble with it.
R.I.P Big D.
goga333

Postby Ares51 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:49 pm

I have used paypal many times and have had no problems (but being friends with their cfo's son makes me biased :oops: )
Ares51

Postby -EAF- » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:05 pm

I use paypal all the time. Really good to use. If something goes wrong with a payment you can get your money back!
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby kirzach » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 pm

same here, i use paypal anytime i buy anything online. had one issue with them being selective about their tos because i got ripped off and they weren't going to do anything about it, but i went over paypal's head and contacted the company that did all the transactions for the site that ripped me off and got it resolved, no thanks to paypal.

btw if you do use paypal, never send money as a gift unless you know the person very well (even then i wouldn't do it) because if the person rips you off you have no protection under paypal's tos. its also against paypal's tos for the seller to make you pay the paypal fee.

(sorry for lack of spelling/grammar/caps, my hands in a splint)
Š”.Š¢.Š.Š›.Šš.Š•.Š . (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Use it for everything if I'm not meeting in person. Normally if I'm doing transactions between someone on here or other forums, I send it as a personal payment so it won't take any of the money (if you send it as a payment for business then it take s a certain percentage for transaction costs). I use it to pay for stuff through eBay, ASGI, here, and other places. Most businesses have something worked out with PayPal so it doesn't take so much % of the money being sent over from the buyer. If your doing a transaction on here, always make sure to tell the person sending money to do it as personal so it won't take a percentage of the money (it happened to me before and I thought the buyer was trying to mess with me). Hope this helps!
One other thing...Make sure the buyer doesn't send the money via PayPal eCheck. It takes FOREVER for the stupid thing to clear and finally go into your account. Just make sure they do the instant money transfer...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby chrisw670 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Been using PayPal for years with Ebay and other classifieds. Never had an issue (knock on wood)
"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Postby Devildog » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:56 am

(sorry for resurrecting this thread from the dead, just had to chime in) Paypal has my vote, I've made over 60 transactions on ebay, and bought my gun on AirsoftGI with paypal, I think it's excellent. You can link it to your checking/savings account, credit card, load it with green dot money cards, get owed funds from people, or sell on ebay with. It is safe, if something goes wrong they can investigate, and they refund you your money (within a set limit, but it'll cover anything airsoft related for sure)
Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Return to General Airsoft