[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Cheap Smoke Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Cheap Smoke

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Cheap Smoke

Postby jonah37801 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:06 pm

http://sportsmoke.com/smoke-grenades-pa ... egory_id=6
I was wondering if any one else used these before?

-EAF- wrote:

-------- guns
aug 3 gen gearbox - turuss - de m3 trippel shotgun.
PORKCHOP!
jonah37801
AirsoftVet

Re: Cheap Smoke

Postby Dannick » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 pm

Honestly, any form of "cheap" smoke isn't going to work very well. Really the only thing it will work well for is smoking a building, and even then that's pretty worthless. It's not going to be like the "CallofDuty Smokewall" that everyone assumes actually happens that way.

The only smoke grenades I've seen that work well were the orange smoke bombs used at BK for Colombian Blend and a few other games, though they are rather expensive. And even then it only offers limited cover, as you can still see through it. The smoke only distorts the view a bit.

The only problem I've ever had with smoke was not being able to see through my sniper scope very well, and that was with the orange smoke bombs. Never seen white smoke or anything like that actually be effective.

Plus, it smells bad most of the time.

(A lot of the time, I think people forget what smoke is normally used for, especially in the military. They use it as a signal, not cover.)

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby jonah37801 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:36 pm

No call of Duty smoke I knew was true but I was going to use it as a distraction. :)
-EAF- wrote:

-------- guns
aug 3 gen gearbox - turuss - de m3 trippel shotgun.
PORKCHOP!
jonah37801
AirsoftVet

Postby Ares51 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 pm

I have seen Mammoth Smoke's used quite successfully; however, they smell pretty awful (as Dannick stated) and hamper/impede breathing. They aren't terribly expensive, but I think they're like 2 bucks each.
Ares51

Postby BravoLion1 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Ive played a couple games using smoke and it just depends on the whether conditions and how much smoke. If you get a large enough plume it can distort an image and make it hard to see which can be helpful in CQB or some woodland areas
BravoLion1

Postby DMSummerhill » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Lightning Bolt "Military Smoke Dynomite Stick" work amazingly well indoors and theyre only $1. you can find em at a firework store
DMSummerhill

Postby vulrath » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:14 am

I used to make my own, until I had a coffee can's worth of the stuff ready to go for a game my team was planning that never happened. I went and set it off in the street in front of my house, and it left a small crater in the asphalt. I haven't used any smoke since I realized just how hot it burns. I also saw more than one small brush fire break out up at BK when I went for Noob Day a couple of years ago. The cost & risk vs. the benefit is just too high, if you ask me.
vulrath

Postby Ross » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:26 pm

M18 Smoke Grenades work well,but they aren't cheap.
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP .45

H&K, Not a single compromise since 1949
Ross

Postby Dannick » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Ya.. they're around $30-40 a piece and most places require an ATF Explosives License to be legally purchased. That, and most of the time you have to order a minimum of 10 or more.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Ross » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:22 pm

KWA MP7A1
KWA USP .45

H&K, Not a single compromise since 1949
Ross