TN airsoft

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

TN airsoft

Postby amdsoccer94 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 pm

I was wondering if anyone else gets kinda annoyed when your looking through the FS forum and you find a gun you want and you look at it and it says "local sales/trades only" then you look at the location and it says some state in the middle of effing nowhere. That pisses me off. Its called TENNESSEE airsoft for a reason people. If your willing to ship that's cool but don't say local trades only!

amdsoccer94

Re: TN airsoft

Postby kirzach » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:46 pm

I'm.. not entirely sure what you're getting at here. We have members from all over the States, not just Tennessee. If you're saying that it doesn't make sense for someone in, for example, Arizona to say "local trades only" then I agree. But as far as cities within Tennessee? "Local" to me, for example, includes everything along the Interstate from Chattanooga to Nashville. Other people don't want to travel that far.

While finding a really nice piece for sale "local only" in an area nowhere near you is a little bothersome, it's just part of the game we play in this buying-selling thing. Sometimes you can sway the seller, sometimes you can't. It's just the business we're in.
Š”.Š¢.Š.Š›.Šš.Š•.Š . (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby Sniper » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 pm

He's right. While we promote airsoft primarily in TN, we welcome anyone and everyone to the forums from any state. There have been quite a few good postings and help from out of state members. If someone states local only, PM and talk to them. Maybe you can work something out if you want the item bad enough.
TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steamid2
CS:S, TF2, L4D, etc.
Sniper

Postby BigRed1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:37 am

I think he's referring to FS threads from out of state that say "local only." In that specific instance, I'd agree -- better to put it on Ebay or Craigslist than sell it here. But for in-state, if someone doesn't want to ship, that's their option.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby grant.94 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:09 pm

you can usually bargain with them, usually the main reason is they don't want to pay for shipping, which you can (and should) offer to pay for.
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Return to General Airsoft