[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Starting a Field Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Starting a Field

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Starting a Field

Postby WasKilroyHere? » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:55 pm

First off, I would just like to say that I'm new to the forums here and this'll be my first ever post. :)

Anyways, what measures would I have to take to get permission to start a field in a patch of woods near my neighborhood (neighbors, police, etc)?

Thanks. :)

Modified G&G combat machine M4-A1.
KJW Colt 1911.
Disregard for safety.

-Sgt. 1st Class & Head Tech of SOG5-
WasKilroyHere?

Re: Starting a Field

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:43 pm

I would keep it a little far away from houses or roads just to be safe. Law enforcement permission is a MUST. You will also need to have insurance for anyone that may get hurt or property damage or state that it's a "Play at your own risk" field and have strict rules.

As far as rules, Just compare it to some of the other fields here on the forum. Whether it be field or CQB rules.

One rule that is a good idea is to have a gun bag policy since it sounds like other people will be able to see people driving on and off the property. Law enforcement will also appreciate it too...

Just look around on the forums and see what rules sound fair to you and what you need to do.

Another thing is to have tables for people to put their gear, guns, etc. Bathrooms, Maybe even a little food trailer if you will be open during lunch or dinner hours. You may also want to open a little "Pro Shop" where people can buy more BB's Green Gas/Propane, Etc.

Other than that I would just put up a barrier around the whole property or put up nets that would keep it more private and kind of keep BB's from flying farther than you want them going.

A respawn area is a must, That would be where the tables and everything would be. I would probably put up walls around that so no one gets hit if games are still going on.

Edit: Also, A decent admission would be good to help pay for all of this :lol:
I wouldn't get too expensive or people will just pay the extra and just go to one of the bigger more established fields...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby WasKilroyHere? » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks for the input; It's a tough process just to get this going. :|
KJW Colt 1911.
Disregard for safety.

WasKilroyHere?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby redneckemt » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Is it your land you are wanting to play on?
Last edited by redneckemt on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
redneckemt

Postby Seth T. » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:20 am

By patch of woods do you mean your land or something like a park? If you own the land then you don't need permission, but you should notify the police of what you're doing if you'll be playing anywhere people could see you. Having a SWAT team roll up because an old lady called and said she saw people shooting at each other won't be fun. Just make sure you're away from anywhere people could see you or where BBs could hit houses, and let the police know when you'll be having games. If you do that you should be fine.
Seth T.

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby WasKilroyHere? » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:38 pm

It's decently secluded, and I don't personally own the property.
KJW Colt 1911.
Disregard for safety.

WasKilroyHere?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby WasKilroyHere? » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:42 pm

I never had an intention of charging admission for it; I just would like a place that's close to home.
KJW Colt 1911.
Disregard for safety.

WasKilroyHere?

Postby Seth T. » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:17 pm

You HAVE to find out who owns the property and obtain permission to play on it. Otherwise you're trespassing, and that isn't good.
Seth T.

Postby WasKilroyHere? » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:13 pm

I know this full well.
KJW Colt 1911.
Disregard for safety.

WasKilroyHere?

Postby BigRed1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Kilroy, just as a small contribution to what's been offered here:
Since you don't own the land, I'd suggest not only getting permission to use it, but written permission. Then make sure the public behavior of everyone who plays there is above reproach and that nothing is done that can incur public complaint. And, as has been pointed out, it never hurts to let the local police know what you're going to be doing with these realistic looking guns.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby redneckemt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Are you over 18?

And I'm sorry folks ya'll are dead wrong about notifing law enforcement. How many of all actually have any kind of law enforcement expirence? Anybody? I've got 10 years in Emergency Services.
redneckemt

Postby BigRed1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:56 pm

I am a chaplain with the Blount County Sheriff's Office.

Much more importantly and relevantly, though, I was at the Maryville field (no longer operational) the day an officer came to investigate complaints of people running around with guns. The guy running things had permission -- but didn't own the land, nor could he produce proof of said permission. It all led to a tense few minutes I do not want to repeat nor have any one else undergo.

In contrast, Secret City has informed the Oak Ridge police about their games and what's going on there, and they've invited them to come by anytime. Being on a good footing with the local LEO's is never a bad idea.

I'm not trying to argue, though. Just my opinion and my .02 offered in to answer Kilroy's question. :D
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Next

Return to General Airsoft