[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Game face bb's? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Game face bb's?

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Game face bb's?

Postby Irishman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Ok so the other day I was down in Gatlinburgh and we went to Bass Pro.I was running low on bbs so I picked up some gameface bb's because they were the only ones that looked decent.On the way home I saw that they were Game Face "marker" bbs.They seem pretty solid but they are supposed to leave a white mark.I tested them in my springer because my friend said they werent good for your gun and they seemed to work fine.(Its not like paintball bbs that bust but its made out of a very tough chalk-like material) They only leave a small white mark.Are they ok to use in my guns?

''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Re: Game face bb's?

Postby BigRed1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:26 pm

I've heard of these before, but have never used them. Personally, I'd be afraid of the powder coming off and building up inside the barrel, especially with a tightbore, and I don't want to gunk up or jam my gun.

Some will claim they're safe....just not a risk I'm willing to take.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Irishman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:40 pm

yeah.Its not like chalk though.it has to hit something pretty hard to leave a mark.otherwise you'll just mistake it for regular bb.thats why i was thinking their ok
Irishman

Postby swimpat16 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:44 pm

I wouldn't use them. The only thing I've ever heard about them is that they will ruin your gun...
swimpat16

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:14 pm

ASGI just got these in. Here is the link for more info that gives a better description. I think they would be a good idea but if it will ruin my gun, I'll pass...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Irishman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Worse case I'll just use it in my springer
Irishman

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:43 pm

I wouldn't start loading it up yet...It says on the box, "Solid Core BB with an intensely pigmented dry lubricant coating". So it doesn't sound like its just an ordinary chalk. It sounds more like a BB that's been coated in chalk and then polished so when it hits something, it makes a little white spec. It may be safe to use. Let's wait until someone of good standing reviews them instead of us just jumping to conclusions...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Nognitsy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:04 pm

It's just colored graphite lube if I recall correctly. If I could be sure the BBs weren't crap I'd be surprised to find they do anything but good, considering how many people actually lube their guns. I'd clean it more often though. Like any lube, that stuff can gum up if you don't keep it fresh.
http://www.totmma.com

Solve Every Problem
Nognitsy

Postby Saint » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:39 pm

A brand of marking bb's came out back when I started playing, and supposedly they do help lube your gun. Not sure how great Game Face is, but the guns are made by Classic Army (So it said on the Game Face guns at Dicks. Essentially an overpriced sportline or worse).

Run them, tell us how it goes. Swab your barrel for gunk, like Nognisty said. If it's bad, stop using them.
Mtn Men Malitia
Co-Founder Forrest's Tennessee Rifle's: Jonesborough Rifleman
Attended 2010 Airsoft Training Day
Fulda Gap: Nato: 4.3 (I Took a Nap At Fulda Gap)
D-Day 2010 German, D-Day 2009 United States
Halloween Hellfight 2008 Special Forces
Saint

Postby chrisw670 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:46 pm

These have actually been out for a while. From my understanding, they're manufactured by Crossman for Game Face. From all the different reviews I've read, you need to be pretty anal about cleaning your rifle when using them. Do a goole search, you should find plenty of info.
"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Return to General Airsoft