Building a Modular/Mobile field-Any Ideas

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Building a Modular/Mobile field-Any Ideas

Postby the_stange » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:58 pm

I have an opportunity to host a game/series of games at a phenomenal location. I have the full support of the land owner, and will be seeking law enforcement approval, etc.- This is legit, I'm not a twelve year old with a hair brained scheme (no offense to the twelve year old's, we've all been there.) I've tried to start a field before and failed to be quite honest, failure is often a method of learning.

The one catch with this is that I must build a modular field that can be put up for play and then put away for storage in the time frame of about four weeks, so there will not be any three story mega-structures or permanent buildings of any kind. However we would like to have a few building like structures,

So the question is how do you build a building that is both solid (and safe) and mobile (put in a truck and carry it away mobile)?

Our only idea thus far has been to put some plywood on hinges and create folding walls that would be braced and weighted when put up, but this is a pretty limited idea.

The date for this event would be September, I'm trying to plan about 5 months out so hopefully most of the details will be accounted for.

Thanks for any input.

the_stange

Re: Building a Modular/Mobile field-Any Ideas

Postby redneckemt » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Try and find an Original (not current) Gun Devil, or a Myrmidon. I know they build a portable sturdy (heavy) building for some of their events. Also 55gal drums, tires, heavy gage painters drop cloth (will still allow rounds through and will tear easy. Unless you reinforce with blankets... can all be made to work.
redneckemt

Re: Building a Modular/Mobile field-Any Ideas

Postby gungin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:23 pm

you can make lots of hinged plywood walls / bunkers that fold.
gungin

Return to General Airsoft