[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Say "NO" to the SB 798 Bill! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Say "NO" to the SB 798 Bill!

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Say "NO" to the SB 798 Bill!

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:45 am

So here is the run down. California is trying to pass a bill that will require the guns to be neon colors or clear. This could mean that if you order from Evike or ASGI, the guns would be neon colors or clear so this does somewhat effect us.
If other states start to adopt this bill, we could be next, who knows.
Print it off, Sign it and mail it. It already has the address and everything so you know where it needs to go.
Petition is at the bottom for download...
Information on where to send it:

Courtesy of AEX: This is the petition letter. Please download it, sign it, mail it or fax it.
Capitol Office:
Senator Kevin De Leon
State Capitol
Room 5108
Sacramento, CA 95814
TEL: 916 651 4022
FAX: 916 327 8817

District Office:
Senator Kevin De Leon
617 South Olive Street
Suite 710
Los Angeles, CA 90014
TEL 213 612 9566
FAX 213 612 9591

This could be a HUGE change in Airsoft and I don't want that. It will only take 5 minutes of your time and 35 cents or so for a stamp out of you change jar.
Please sign this!

Pass this on to other forums who have yet to pass this around...

Mail this ASAP! The hearing is coming up soon (Not exactly sure on date).

Attachments
222167_10150168722676134_76891161133_6870476_7177655_n.jpg
Neon Guns? Hell Naw!
222167_10150168722676134_76891161133_6870476_7177655_n.jpg (87.83 KiB) Viewed 9356 times
Last edited by Fluffy Boy 32 on Tue May 03, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Say "NO" to the SB 798 Bill! SIGN THIS PETITION!!!

Postby Sigmarius » Tue May 03, 2011 1:51 pm

California legislators don't care what people in Tennessee think. So having folks in Tennessee sign a petition is a waste of time.

Also, last I checked, Internet based petitions themselves are pointless, since there is no control over whether or not ten thousand people signed it or 10 people came up with a thousand names.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Re: Say "NO" to the SB 798 Bill! SIGN THIS PETITION!!!

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:10 pm

It's not internet based. It's a letter to the California State legislature saying that we don't want them to pass the bill. If they see that not only do Californians not want them to pass the bill but the rest of the country doesn't want them to pass the bill will show them how much we care.
Think of it this way, Almost every gun has to come through some port in California to get to a Retailer in the US. If they pass this, it could mean ALL guns will be Neon and if not, it will be some of the biggest retailers getting hit by this because they are based in California.

So really, Yes. It will effect us and our signature may actually help. Internet petitions are a joke but this is a physically letter to the legislature with your signature on it.

Call them if you don't want to bother printing it off and everything.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Say "NO" to the SB 798 Bill!

Postby cowboy117 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Sig's got a point, since we are not residents of California there is very little we can do.

California would have no control over airsoft guns purchased via internet in another country and shipped here, they have no legal ground since imports into the country are controlled by the US Government (so says my customs agent friend in ICE) and if California attempted to intervene in those affairs you could sue them in Federal court. It will affect the retailers and THEIR imports, however, not those of the private citizen. Just be ready to buy from someone else if it passes.

It is unlikely it will pass anyway. This will was introduced 6 years ago and swiftly defeated.
cowboy117

Postby Sigmarius » Tue May 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Also, the Asian manufacturer's will just ship them through Oregon or Washington.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:55 pm

*One guy that is saying to sign:

*Another guy that says don't worry:

There is both sides of the spectrum so I guess its just pick a side and go with it...

I'm kinda with you guys. It was worth passing on anyways, doesn't effect us that much though...

*Both are East Coast based online retailers
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby chrisdetrin » Thu May 05, 2011 11:21 am

Ā Ā ā–²
ā–²Ā ā–²
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby dogsoldier » Thu May 12, 2011 10:09 am

Guy's I hate to see how this post has quickly fallen down the list. This bill has gained more ground than ever expected and poses A REAL Danger to our sport. Not only could this bill spread like cancer across the US. Making it illegal for you to own airsoft guns that are not bright colors. But what most do not understand is the effect it will have on the availabilty of guns, mags, bbs and just about everything else gear wise. Becuase it will efectively force the shut down and relocation of 95% of airsoft distributors in this country. Straining the life out of an already strained supply line that can't keep up with demand now. And we all know what happens to stores that do not have product THEY CLOSE! Many of you do not remember when the time when you had to order from over sea's and there were not so many local walk in stores and easy availability to US online stores. If your sitting there watching this take place then you might as well be voting for it. We barely AND I MEAN BARELY stopped a similiar bill ( only worse) from happening in our own state and it was a hard fight fought by less than expected. If you are too young to vote get your parents involved. We loose freedoms everyday because of our lethargic reaction to anything as long as we have internet, cell phone and taco bell. please I implore you now more than ever pick up this fight or do not bitch when the sport/ industry is destroyed. You can make a difference.

you can find info to help at Spartanimports.com

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Postby kirzach » Thu May 12, 2011 1:41 pm

I can't help but remark upon the irony; Everyone was all "Oh, this'll never pass, it'll never pass" - and then (from what I'm hearing) it did. Funny how that works, isn't it? Reminds me of a certain quote.. what was it again? Something about "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"? Yeah, that's the one..
Š”.Š¢.Š.Š›.Šš.Š•.Š . (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Yeah, And I was the gullible one that listened to them *facepalm*

Yeah, It did pass. Only the first round of voting though. It has to go through 6 or 7 stages I believe before it can become a law. It's now in its second stage.

They made some revisions to it. Here's the link...
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bil ... n_v97.html
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby dogsoldier » Thu May 12, 2011 3:47 pm

That's right its starts out one thing and once they get it through the door it gets worse. That's the way it has always been with legislature. Not to be an ass, but just to make a point. everyone on this thread needs to ask themselves. What have I done to protect my sport/hobby. Thanx for your attention.

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Postby SekiRyu » Thu May 12, 2011 5:30 pm

This goes beyond just protecting our sport, but protecting our freedoms in this "free" nation, dominated by rich power players who trample over our rights at every chance they get.
SekiRyu

Postby zenmic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:47 am

Thank you to my fellow airsofters from my old state of residence for the solidarity. Hopefully this will show the state of California that this is a bad bill. The city of Los Angeles is trying to push a local ordinance as well. I have not verified if any of the posts related to this issue has this link or not, but there is a Facebook page for this cause. It is being lead by the paintball community. http://www.facebook.com/SavePaintballinCalifornia

The paintball community has come together and is standing with the airsoft community to try and get this bill dropped. The bill affects both sports/hobby. As of now there is an amendment that takes paintball out of the mix (I believe that the specific exclusion is a projectile greater that 8mm; the actual wording of the bill and amendments are not in front of me at the moment), but the paintball community has not stopped fighting. The paintball community plans to stay in the fight until the bill is removed.

Thank you.
Mic
The Shop
zenmic
Site Admin

Postby redneckemt » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:19 am

He does exist. :shock:
redneckemt

Postby SOAP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 pm

evikes facebook just said the bill dident pass...time to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!:D