[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Future of Hop Up? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Future of Hop Up?

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Future of Hop Up?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Found this in my subscription box and thought I'd share it. Will this be a good idea or are there flaws to this design?

Opinions?

Last edited by Fluffy Boy 32 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Future of Hop Up?

Postby paparker21 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:07 pm

can't really see anything about the design. I'm not even sure what he's saying; he at one point says that it uses metal not rubber, and then shortly after says 'will keep the bb from rolling down from the rubber'. So i really can't tell whether he is, or is not, using a rubber bucking. If he's using a full metal hopup with no bucking, then no- i dont think its the future. too much variance and it requires the barrel and hop unit mate perfectly for airseal. This immediately kills swapping in and out aftermarket barrels to some degree.

I think a much more realistic alternative to the future of hopup, is what's being discussed at this link: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Flat-Hop-t220183.html

What theyre doing is moving away from cylindrical nubs, or even SCS / H-nubs to a long flat nub. They're trying to generate a more consistent hopup by generating a more consistent duration of bb to bucking contact. If you notice, long range groupings will not be perfectly circular, in fact, they'll be quite oval-- they'll be much taller than they are wide. Thats because you're getting a good central spin (through the help of shaped nubs) but the contact is very quick and often inconsistent. These flat nubs with long contact times are helping alleviate that, and are bringing those groupings back to circles as opposed to remaining oblong. They're claiming gains of 50' effective range on some of them!
paparker21

Return to General Airsoft