[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - The Airsoft League Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

The Airsoft League

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

The Airsoft League

Postby Rogue Element » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:34 am

An interesting proposal for a new style of competitive airsoft gameplay. Coming soon to a airsoft skirmish field near you?

Here's some additional information via PopularAirsoft.com: http://popularairsoft.com/airsoft-leagu ... ent-format

"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Re: The Airsoft League

Postby SekiRyu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:10 am

Looks like fun. Range USA has been talking about creating an "airsoft league" for the past few months, but information is very thin.
SekiRyu

Postby MILSIM » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:34 pm

1) DMR- Designated Marksman Rifle. The rifle has no decisions or actions to perform....the Designated Marksman does...so why not refer to them as the DM, odd asian man in oversided knockoff MARPAT pants?. Since its airsoft, a more proper term should be SDM...Self-Designated Marksman...toting an PoG's rifle.

2) The first room cleared...the number one man would have been shot in the back. The team should have stacked up tighter, first man turns the corner of the doorway, sweep the area to his immediate 12 before snapping his weapon to the negative space to the right, which would be the first target, while the second man would already be aiming his rifle over the number 1's left shoulder and simultaneously clear the left negative space and adjacent corridor.....not the horrible gap left in which the number one would have been shot in the back.

3) Wouldn't proper training and common sense, not to mention gun safety, dictate that your selector switch is set to "safe" between each target engaged and therefore you are not walking back into the prep area with a hot weapon?

It actually looks kind of cool, making for a more professional edge defining airsoft more along the lines of an actual sporting event than it is currently viewed. My only bone to pick aside from the really annoying, technical and belligerent comments I posted above in numerical order would be the location and size of each target plate on the torso. Combat efficiency and common sense dictates "center mass"....not nipple and head shots. This is only my personal preference, and if a team is able to pick off that small of a target then my hat goes off to them, but in terms of sticking to the spirit of rapid room clearing, long range target engagement and all under a timer....hitting the center of a target with a single shot or controlled pair would be more efficient, practical and realistic.

I would be highly interested to see this done and would love to have a crack at it myself.
You'd be surprised what you can hit when you aim.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby SekiRyu » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:16 pm

I'm pretty sure this airsoft league isn't about properly clearing rooms like a professional team. It's a frakking game where you shoot targets on the move like IPSC. Criticizing airsoft players on their technique is as pointless as criticizing a gamer on how he flies in a flight sim.
SekiRyu

Postby MILSIM » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:33 am

but there's the point. its a simulation. if you're doing it wrong...then you've lost the whole idea of the game in the first place.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby Borscope » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:34 am

We tried to get a league started here in the Knoxville back in the spring, and couldn't even get a team roster built due to lack of interest. Then we tried to run a team-based challenge event to kickstart/gauge interest and it flopped.
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pa ... 3568660401

Maybe we'll try again in the future but the concept of league play and even hardcore milsim events are apparently not very popular here at the moment.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby SekiRyu » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:54 pm

SekiRyu

Postby MILSIM » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:42 pm

so you lose the spirit of airsoft entirely. why bother replicating anything at all? lets just go and wear orange jumpsuits, galoshes and use clear plastic guns with neon green magazines and wear kilts made out of chem lights?

No, not everyone is trained by the miltary, obviously. However, for a bunch of guys who like to play dress up and emulate SF style forces...why not emulate their tactics and techniques as well?

the "right" way is to do it as quickly as possible while keeping your team alive and maintaining focus and discipline throughout.... If you don't know the right way, then taking the time to learn from those who do, or teaching what you know to others who dont will make everyone a better player and THAT to me, is the point of a sport...to get BETTER, not just stay in your comfort zone. Otherwise you're a skinny teenager in a polo shirt plinking at targets with a toy gun....

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby -EAF- » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby MILSIM » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:28 pm

we are talking about a "league" to put a professional edge on this. Sure its fun to run around the field with a foam sword on your back, wear orange and black hunting camo, fuzzy russian hats, paint obnoxious pink and purple camo on your rifle...but it has no place in a professional setting.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby Irishman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 am

''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby MILSIM » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:47 am

yep...the difference is he's been over there to paint his rifle and risk his life....even in boxers...not just wearing a polo shirt trying to fake it.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby Irishman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 am

Were all different dude.If i wanted to then I would wear cargo shorts and a pink shirt to a mil-sim game.Of course i wouldnt do that but your not the one to tell people not to.
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby MILSIM » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:29 pm

as you said, we are all different. My goal is to get better with each game, fix an error here, an error there. Those guys improperly cleared that room. It was slow and sloppy, the second man even failed to eliminate the target. The whole point of this league would be to beat set times, improve accuracy and above all...technique. I'm using my experience to point out problems that I can identify. If I can help anyone at a game, that makes my day. If someone can help me with something I never heard of or wasn't familiar with...that would also make my day.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Next

Return to General Airsoft