[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - WE to stop importing/producing MK16? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

WE to stop importing/producing MK16?

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

WE to stop importing/producing MK16?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm

So I just checked my Twitter and I saw that Evike had posted something about WE discontinuing their MK16 as well as stop importing it.
Anyone have more information about it?

They posted this on their Facebook. Not sure how reputable this is though...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 7669730532

For those of you without a Facebook or are too lazy to click the link. They basically put the stock photo from their website with a little blurb about the whole thing saying:
"News Flash: WE MK16 Gas Blowback.
Management have decided to stop production and importation of this product into the USA. Which means, it is your last chance to grab this rifle for $260 here at Evike.com! First come first serve!"

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: WE to stop importing/producing MK16?

Postby vulrath » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Good thing I already have one. :mrgreen:

I refuse to believe this officially until I hear something from WE themselves (I'll be combing through the announcements over on Gasguns.info for anything about this, though). Until then, Evile's sales numbers are down and they want to ditch a product from their lineup.

ETA: I'm looking over on the WETTI news section over on GGI, and I see nothing about the SCAR MK16 being eliminated from their lineup.

Edit #2: The SCAR is also still on the WE website. I'm calling bull.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:42 pm

GGI has a subforum for WE to make announcements. There you can still read the first thread on the SCAR MK16 ever, straight from the WE rep himself (I think the rep may actually be the owner/CEO of the company).

It's possible they're eliminating the closed-bolt SCAR, but I can't find an expressly open-bolt one on WE's site. It might be that they haven't updated their site yet, or they haven't done anything to update the SCAR line yet.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 pm

They have the new "FN Licensed Open Bolt" which is OEM'd by WE.
Hopefully they aren't replacing the closed bolt one with that because it $360 compared to the old one at $260.
Maybe they'll release a non-licensed open bolt...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Well, there's always Plan B: buy the closed bolt and a conversion kit to open bolt, along with open-bolt mags. I believe you can still get the OEM SCAR from other sites like Blowback Armory. Price is $1 less than Evike, who knows how different their shipping is; I believe they're still in the US, to boot.

I haven't seen the FN version; provided the trades weren't raped as badly as Umarex did the KWA MP7, I may get one. I'd like to have some trades.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Personally, I like the closed bolt version more (better gas efficiency and just paint the brass tube).

As for the FN licensed one, ASGI put up a video recently showing it off.

Here:

Really though, I'm not even looking at any WE find ATM. I have my eye on the G&P WOC challenge kit and ALL my money is going to that. Just had this pop up in my Twitter feed and wanted to see if anyone could confirm.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:38 pm

I like WE for their unique guns - they're supposed to be releasing a P90 in the relatively near future., for example.

I admit it, I'm an FN fanboy.

For an M4, I have my G&P. I'm good there.
vulrath

Return to General Airsoft