[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - sniping. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

sniping.

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

sniping.

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:17 pm

i was wondering if a sniper has to carry a pistol as a side arm of can he carry a m4. the reason i was wondering this is because if they get is a battle with other guys with a automatic then they are out guned. so i was wondering if you could use a m4 is a war as a secondary with a sniper rifel as a primary.
thanks

russellvilleairsoft

Re: sniping.

Postby SekiRyu » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:10 pm

.....is this in an airsoft situation or a real-life situation?
SekiRyu

Postby vulrath » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:50 pm

I have carried my P90 in a hydration carrier pouch on my back a couple of times while sniping in airsoft. While it's nice to have the extra firepower on hand, it also adds weight to my already heavy and extremely warm plate carrier. after having messed around with my M4 GBBR, I personally wouldn't do it with any rifle other than said P90. I would highly recommend just getting a good pistol for weight reasons.

A long time ago, I tossed aside the notion that "heavier is better." The truth is, heavier just makes you tired faster, and makes you want to play less. My sniper gear reflects this - just a pouch for BBs, speed loader, and the CO2 tank (maybe a few magazines in my pocket if I'm running a spring rifle).

In real life, a sniper is never alone by design. He always has a spotter on hand who does have an automatic weapon. This whole notion of the "lone wolf sniper" is BS invented and perpetuated by the movie and video game industries. Fun fact: both sniper and spotter are extremely high-caliber marksmen, and either one can operate the "sniper" rifle. It's just usually the less-experienced of the two that is the one that actually uses the rifle, while the other one does the math involved in long-distance shooting.
vulrath

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:04 pm

first person. airsoft.

second person. ok. thanks. that helps out alot on what sidearm to get. :)
russellvilleairsoft

Postby BigRed1 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:14 pm

For what it's worth, sniping in airsoft is overrated.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby ShawnB52 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Op: Falcon (2008) Bluefore
Op: Junior Varsity (2009) Estonia
Op: Maple Leaf (2009) Canadia
Op: D-Day Invasion (2009) German
Op: D-Day Invasion (2010) USA
Fulda Gap (2012) Warsaw Pact
Op: Hat Trick 3 (2013) Tan
Op: Red Storm East II (2013) American
ShawnB52

Postby Gavin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:40 pm

I agree with Bigred1.
Anyways...

When I used to snipe, way back in the day :lol: , I carried an HFC M11a1. It's Small, shoots fast, great for CQB. I'd recommend the KWA one if you take that route though.
Btw, if you want to get into sniping I'm selling my ghillie suit, I also have a bipod for sale. Check out my post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25887
Gavin

Postby SpinalSynopsis » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 am

I thought the point of sniping was to remain hidden? :lol: It's really about how authentic you really want to be. With the right camo, a pistol "should" be all you need as your sidearm....especially if they can't see you to begin with.
SpinalSynopsis

Postby AirsoftFun » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 am

The fields I play on have a 100 foot MED.
I have needed to use a secondary/sidearm many times because
of brush in the way @ 100' also, other players walking right
up on me because they didn't see me.

What works best for me is a semi-auto pistol for my dominate
hand and a full-auto pistol for my non-dominate hand.
However, I have used the "bang-out" rule more than the pistols.

Good luck to you. I have found sniping in airsoft fun, relaxing
and a great way to stay cool in the summer.
AirsoftFun

Postby Grumsy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:53 pm

My sniping style is different. I act more like a DMR. My sniper shoots at 348fps almost every time. I can still hit a person at 200' pretty easy.
I don't need to worry about MED (depending on field rules). The only thing I use my sidearm for is room clearing and bounding. I can still suppress with a side arm =)

Also, there are no sights at all on my rifle :twisted:

All this makes me a bad sniper, but I have fun with it.

Edit:
Forgot the original question. I carry a pistol.
In war winning is all that matters. In a game, it is all about sportsmanship.

Grumsy

Postby paparker21 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 pm

I've never heard of any field which will restrict what weapons you carry based on any self-imposed role. I've seen rules against certain weapons (no nades, no launchers, etc) but i've never seen "You carry a sniper rifle, you can't carry an automatic rifle"

Carry whatever you want. PDW's are designed as a small highly effective automatic weapon to be paired with something like a sniper rifle or heavy armament. If you've got the money and are willing to carry it, I'd lean that route probably. No harm in you putting together a super lightweight small format m4 or something though if that's what you want to do.

Alternative: Wade into battle with your sniper rifle and full size AEG. Expend your magazine or two of sniper ammunition then, either when you run out of ammunition or the enemies close the gap beyond your MED, lay down the rifle and pickup your AEG and go william wallace on them! Protip: Make sure your gear is very clearly and permanently marked as your own.
paparker21

Postby Drayk » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Drayk

Postby Drayk » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 pm

its better to have a rifle for "snipeing" and rock as a DMR because you really won't be sniping but you can call it what ever u want. My main weapon now is for Sniping but I just like the range and stand off haha
Drayk

Postby Drayk » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Wow sorry for comment spam, heres my load out even tho this role is stupid in airsoft

Real sword Dragonov
maruzen p99 NBB
Drayk

Postby calvinhinz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Well honestly if you carry so many guns it will really slow you down. Ideally it would be best if you just stick with the sniper and the m4. Just stay with your main unless you run out of ammo.
calvinhinz

Return to General Airsoft