[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Magwell design. Help! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Magwell design. Help!

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Magwell design. Help!

Postby airsoftaddict » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Alright so I haven't been on here in forever...anyways Ive been debating on putting some kind of a decal on my scars magwell. I have found a skull that I really like and I just need some help on how to apply it. I'm going to print off the picture and make a stencil with some cardstock and an exacto knife. Now what I need help with is what kind of spray paint to use...do I use some high end automotive paint or what? And also should I rough up the area on the magwell a bit beforehand? The lower reciever of my scar is made of a polymer.any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks

Here is the skull:
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab17 ... 528_11.jpg

Scar L
Ics cxp
Cyma Thompson
Kwa MP7
Kjw 1911
airsoftaddict

Re: Magwell design. Help!

Postby vulrath » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:15 am

I've had great luck with Krylon Camo paints, but if you want it to stand up really well then go to Lowe's and get the house brand (Valspar) spray paint. I used that on one of my M700s, and it took turning it in a lathe to get that stuff off (well, that's what we did; acetone wouldn't even touch it, and it just laughed at mineral spirits; I'm not sure what soaking it in a vat of rubbing alcohol for a week would have done).
vulrath

Postby cowboy117 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:39 am

cowboy117

Postby vulrath » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:43 am

This is aftercare, in case you wanted to remove it. The Valspar stuff holds the best out of any spray paint I've ever seen (in my experience, Krylon has a tendency to chip like nobody's business, Rustoleum doesn't look right and chips, and the Valspar stuff kept chuggin' away like nothing happened through moxst of my attempts to get it off).
vulrath

Postby airsoftaddict » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:31 am

I think ill go with the valspar stuff but I couldnt get the freaking picture to print so im goint to just draw it out and make a stencil myself.
Scar L
Ics cxp
Cyma Thompson
Kwa MP7
Kjw 1911
airsoftaddict

Postby -EAF- » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Looking forward to seeing it!
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby airsoftaddict » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Well I couldn't get my hands on any valspar but I got some heavy duty textured rustoleum. We'll give it a shot I suppose and I finished the stencil it's looking good, I'll be painting it on tomorrow!
Scar L
Ics cxp
Cyma Thompson
Kwa MP7
Kjw 1911
airsoftaddict

Return to General Airsoft