[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - airsoft hop up problem (HELP!) Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

airsoft hop up problem (HELP!)

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

airsoft hop up problem (HELP!)

Postby Ranger007 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 am

hey guys, i just recently got an angel customs tight bore barrel in the mail for my tm p90 and i went to install it and i'm pretty sure id did everything right but when i went to shoot it, the bb dropped about 25-30 feet so then i thought i might just need to adjust the hop up. so i did and there was no difference or at least very little difference. and then when i shot it on full auto bbs went off in every direction.
at that point i thought that the tight bore actually did the opposite of what it was supposed to do and gave it shorter range and less accuracy. so i decided to put the old barrel back in but that didn't make any difference. so i think its a problem with the hop up unit but idk, what do you guys think?

(there is a game coming up this weekend i want to go to so i need to fix this soon!)

Ranger007

Re: airsoft hop up problem (HELP!)

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 am

Check to make sure your hop up rubber didn't fold over when you were putting everything back together. Also, check to make sure your hop up nub is positioned correctly. Check those because that's what it sounds like is giving you the problem...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Ranger007 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:49 am

Ranger007

Postby Ranger007 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:17 pm

i don't know for sure nut to be it seems my hop up nub isn't going down all the way.
Ranger007

Postby vulrath » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:16 pm

I've run my own P90 without a nub since shortly after I got it (remove the hop arm, pull out the nub, put the arm back in, and set the hop a bit heavier than you would normally). Accuracy is scary with a stock-length Madbull 6.03mm barrel and 0.25g's (well, I'm sure the couple of upgrades I did internally certainly didn't hurt either). I've been contemplating a ProWin CNC hop up chamber for a while now, as my stock unit has seen better days.

That said, I'd check the bucking for tears while you have the hop up apart, namely around the little bump where the nub/hop arm hits and around the back edge to see if it's chewed up.
vulrath

Postby Ranger007 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 am

Ranger007

Postby cowboy117 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:00 am

cowboy117

Postby Slade » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Make sure you don't put the adjustment dial on backwards, that's what I did when I upgraded mine to a tightbore.

Of course having a nib helps too. :P
ImageImage
Slade

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Wed May 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Did you put the barrel in up-side down? I did that once and I had the same problem.
NOWWHATSUCCER?

Return to General Airsoft