[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - hey guys i need a little help here... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

hey guys i need a little help here...

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

hey guys i need a little help here...

Postby Mikik » Thu May 17, 2012 10:55 am

i'm buying a kwa sr12 in a week or so and before i order it, i have a few questions.
i was wondering if the kwa sr12 or any full stock m16 could fit a 10.8 volt large type? if so, would the internals be able to withstand a battery of that size?
any help would be appreciated.

[Formerly Ranger007]
Mikik

Re: hey guys i need a little help here...

Postby vulrath » Thu May 17, 2012 12:46 pm

If you're going to go with a 10.8v NiCd/NiMH, why not go 11.1 LiPo? KWA advertises LiPo-readiness, and you'll get a much higher power density-to-size ratio.

Seriously, I run my TM P90 on a 7.2v LiPo, and I haven't charged the batteries in over a year. They just keep working (with proper trigger control).
vulrath

Postby ReaperM14 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Seriously, KWA has the 2GX gearboxes, which in my opinion, are one of the beefiest (if not the beefiest) gearboxes out there. I did shatter one though, but that was after A LOT of strain... and it being Scott Sutherland's Hammerfish gearbox... >_>. ANYWAYS, the 2GX gears are beefy as crap. After all the strain my gearbox went through, the gears were still pristine. Not to mention the piston, and piston head.

That being said, Vulrath is right. Rock a LiPo. The gearbox can handle it for sure. That way you won't have to lug around a huge brick battery around, and you will get better performance, especially in the KWA.
Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby chrisw670 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 pm

To answer your question, Yes a 10.8v large type should fit in the stock of the SR12. I had the M16BR and ran a large type 9.6v in it and there was plenty of room to spare in the battery compartment. Now, with that being said, I'll second what Vulrath about the 11.1 lipo. The KWA is designed to handle that battery and an 11.1 lipo weighs a heck of a lot less than a 10.8v large brick. Weight you'll be glad you've shed on those long, hot, August play dates.
"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Postby Mikik » Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 am

thanks guys for all your help. i guise i will be getting an 11.1 lipo. :D
[Formerly Ranger007]
Mikik

Postby vulrath » Fri May 18, 2012 9:55 am

is a link to a place that sells decent quality lipos for not much money. I have two 7.2's from them - great batteries.
vulrath

Postby chrisw670 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:53 pm

This is a good link as well: I have a couple of their 7.4v blue lipos. They've been excellent batteries.
"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Postby vulrath » Fri May 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Haha, I was actually linking him to HobbyPartz. Still, great prices for awesome batteries.
vulrath

Postby chrisw670 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:18 pm

LOL! Sorry about that. Didn't realize Hobby King and Hobby Partz weret the same company. They are good batteries and very reasonably priced.
chrisw670

Postby RichardR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:16 pm

I run an 11.1 LiPo in my KWA SR5 & it is definitely worth going that route IMHO.
RichardR

Postby Gavin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm pretty sure you will get more mAh if you don't use a lipo. I had a 9.6v 4200 mAh battery in my old KWA M16 that gave about 20 bps.
Gavin

Postby vulrath » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:27 am

The calculation for lipos is a bit different from NiMH and NiCD. They have a higher amperage discharge rate.

I kept running into problems with my old 9.6v mini-type batteries - wouldn't fit into my P90, wouldn't last a whole game day with moderate use, etc. switched to a 2100mAh 7.2v lipo, and all those problems went away. I haven't had a game day yet where the gun has died or the battery has needed replacement. I say that is a significant improvement.

By the way, guys, this thread had been pretty much dead.
vulrath

Postby Gavin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am

Crap haha. I normally only look at the last post's date.
Gavin

Postby Spectre25 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:24 am

If your going lipo, this is one of the deals I found last year

2 Packs: Tenergy 11.1V 2200mAh 25C LIPO Battery Packs w/ Deans Connectors - $59.99

Tenergy Vantage B6s Plus Advanced Balancing Charger - 39.99

Nothing but great comments on this setup... one of these lipo's last me an entire Bad Karma playdate, plus having two your garanteed to last all day regardless of how long you hold the trigger. It kicked my custom gun up from 7-8 rps with a 9.6 ni-cad to 23-27 rps with the battery posted earlier.
As for the Charger/Balancer, its alittle difficult to use at first but after a few minutes of playing with it and reading the instructions it became very easy to use. Charge time for a drained 2200mah lipo is around 20-30 mins, but on average for me it takes less then 15 mins to Balance/Charge.
One negitive I could see is if your gun is still using a Tamiya connector you'll have to make or purchase an adapter for the Deans used on the lipo. Hell, you might be able to find the same set up for a few buck cheaper but I Highly recommend above Tenergy Equipment... Five Stars (* * * * *) or Ten Thumbs Up, whatever your rating scale...

Overall I spent 129.98 + 26.36 = 156.34 ......... Wait a sec... hey the price droped on these since I bought 'em... Cool, now there an even better deal.

The Hobbypartz.com posted above has some nicely priced lipos too... But still, I stand behind my purchase.

Spectre
Spectres are not trained, but chosen. Individuals forged in the fire of service and battle; those whose actions elevate them above the rank and file.
Spectres are an ideal, a symbol. The embodiment of courage, determination, and self-reliance.
Spectre25

Return to General Airsoft