[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Where is everyone? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Where is everyone?

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

Where is everyone?

Postby Goat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:58 am

Just played airsoft for the first time in 4 years yesterday. Where is everyone on this forum? Place used to have a different skin, and lots of activity.

Goat

Re: Where is everyone?

Postby RealDyl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Same thing happened to me, brother. I stopped playing for about five years and checked the forum upon getting back into the game and it was a ghost town.

I suppose a lot of the older players don't really play anymore. I play at TennTak every weekend, and I don't recognize a single person there from my former airsofting days. Mostly kids and some experienced guys.
RealDyl

Postby vulrath » Thu May 22, 2014 10:58 am

Just about everyone I know that still plays uses Facebook now instead of the forums. This is the first time in a few months I've been on the site myself.

Doesn't help that the site's pretty much been overrun with advertising bots.

I know a lot of the original players from Overwatch up in the middle TN area still play (hell, the Memphis scene is pretty much dead as far as I've seen, so I drive up and roll with them now).
vulrath

Postby Tactical Donut » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:09 pm

After the fallout of Operation Snow Raven II or whatever it was called, airsofters kind of disbanded and disappeared from the airsoft community. Many, including me, probably moved out of the Memphis area and now airsoft in different locations. I know there are a few fields still in the area such as Blackwater Marsh who are still trying to keep airsoft alive and I commemorate them for that. I played with them when I came home after Afghanistan and they're an awesome group.

It's all about milsim in the end.
Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Postby vulrath » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:39 pm

I've played at the Marsh once. It was nice, but the turnout was fairly small, and they seemed to like it that way at the time. That's fine, but not what I was looking for. I stopped playing shortly after that for about a year.

I run with Overwatch in Nashville now. Great group of guys (Sorta expected that; most of us have been friends through the forums for years). I don't get to play nearly as much now as I want to, or as much as I used to, but when I do we pull out all the stops.

I think the real death blow to the forum here was when they locked off the off topic forum. Much fewer people came by to browse, and fewer people's questions got answered. It came down to a point where xandman and I were the longest standing active members (and dare I say it the only members at one point ).
vulrath

Postby Tactical Donut » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:21 pm

It would be awesome to have this place come back to life but it'll take a lot of work.
Tactical Donut

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:49 pm

I checked the forums a few months back to see how everyone was doing since I've been down and out for a while due to school (and now I'll be heading to Auburn for college). Went and checked out Mooseherd two or three months ago with my P* build and had a blast with some buddies I drug along to play for the first time. I hate the forum has died, I grew up on here. haha
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby SekiRyu » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm just now checking the forums because I got a PM :lol:

I'm in Japan for now, but played at Blackwater Marsh for a while before I left. Everything was done through Facebook then.

Everything really died off when the EG guys quit. It was all very strange from the supposed-SWAT guy who couldn't tell the difference between an AK-47 and an AK-74 down to their overreaction when people complained about games getting canceled. That and the "procedure" of having to go through a middle-man to schedule games/ask permission to use the field really hurt things as well, especially when that middle-man wasn't available half the time.
SekiRyu

Postby Tactical Donut » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:13 am

Tactical Donut

Postby Sniper » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Seki, donut,

It wasn't that we wanted to be middlemen, but were asked specifically by the park to set it up for everyone. We had lost access to the park before, and didn't want to lose it again. Obviously, some people didn't care about that, and put the whole air soft scene in jeopardy by doing it themselves.. Especially after we lost Moore field.
TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steamid2
CS:S, TF2, L4D, etc.
Sniper

Postby SekiRyu » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:26 am

Reaaaally late reply, but the park didn't seem to care at all who set up the games, so it seems a little odd that they would specifically request that and then totally drop it. The few times I went there with a group on our own accord we had no real issues.

The fact that the loss of Moore field went without a single word to notify the community didn't help either...
SekiRyu

Postby Sniper » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:36 pm

May seem odd, but that's a question for them. They wanted specific people to be the contact, to ensure safe days were set up and proper rules were abided by - yet even after we lost access to play there before, people disrespected what they asked, and risked it happening again. Simple as that.

As far as moore field goes? People had long since stopped playing there. It isn't like we were told right off the bat either. Either way, it doesnt matter. As soon as some of the regulars found out, the word spread fairly quickly. We aren't all powerful all knowing beings. We gotta be told stuff too.
TN Airsoft Moderator

SteamID
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steamid2
CS:S, TF2, L4D, etc.
Sniper

Return to General Airsoft