[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - OP: Eastwind II Pictures, & video Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

OP: Eastwind II Pictures, & video

Post links to your favorite Airsoft related pictures and video clips here.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

OP: Eastwind II Pictures, & video

Postby coyote » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:30 am

I come here & talk about with out giving you a clear picture of what I am talking about. I thought I would come share some of the pictures, video, & Audio.

What is Eastwind?

East Wind is loosely based on a 'what if' concept. What if the Berlin Wall did not come down and the USSR and its allies were still going strong in the early to mid 1990's.

So we have NATO vs WARSAW Pact.

Each year's scenario will likely be different but will usually involve some section of border between East and West Germany.

East Wind I was loosely based on a NATO Operation called Able Archer 83 and its Soviet response Operation RYAN.
Many historians believe this to the closest the Cold War ever got to going hot - really hot as in nuclear.

For EWI, an added element was inserted to trigger the event. In the scenario, a small nuclear strike occurred against the massed Soviet units. The resulting EMP knocked out radios leaving both sides in the dark as to what was going on except via updates by land lines or courier. The Soviets beleived this was an attack by NATO and commenced their assualt into Germany. The section of border where EWI took place was not involved in the mass armies and consisted of an undersized Soviet Recon Company and its local East German Grentztruppen facing off against the West German Border Guards and a undersized US Signal Company.
Throughout the next 6 days raids and probes were conducted by both sides. On the 6th day, word reached these units about the true cause of the nuclear detonation.
The Red Army Faction, a militant left-wing terrorist group, had detonated a small nuclear device. They had hoped to start a war that would allow the Soviets to overrun NATO and spread communism into Western Europe.
Once this was confirmed, both sides returned to their previous positions and stood down.

What will this year's East Wind be based on? That is classified information and the best way to find out is to attend EWIII.
I can assure you that it will not be the same event. New land, more equipment and of course a new scenario.

How long does EW last?

East wind will run a total of 9 days during which you will be housed & fed just like the the troops would have during the Cold war. No you do not have to come all of the 9 days, but having been there, There is something to be said about being there to watch the camp go up to that final breakfast with your comrades.

How does Eastwind differ from other large Airsoft events?

It differs by its sure scale & detail. 9 days, 24/7 of Airsoft meets Historical Reenacting.

What did you miss at EWII?

Well let me show you.

The Soviet flag & the 7Pota colors flying proudly over the East Bloc camp.

Welcome to the 315 Radio Relay Company!

Inside the Soviet armory:

But NATO came ready to respond!

ImageImage

Inside of the NATO TOC

Squad leaders are briefed on Soviet vehicles they may encounter:
ImageImage

Comms were monitored 24 hours a day on the Soviet side, both radio & hard wired field phones.

East German troops brief the Soviet commander on NATO movements along the border.
ImageImage

As stated before, Eastwind runs 24 hours a day. Here you see a Soviet patrol debriefing after a late night patrol into West Germany. After 1900, almost everything was done in red light to lessen the effects on night vision.

Food was the highlight of the week:

Looks better as this

NATO's pride is their MKT-85.
ImageImage

Troops would line up just waiting for Breakfast to be ready.

By the looks on their faces, I guess it was not ready yet.

Fruit loops never tasted so good.

Here NATO troops are fed in the field from the back of the M151 "Mutt".
ImageImage

the EB mess was a comfy place for Soldats to gather with any down time they may have or to get warm while walking guard duty.

ImageImage

Soviet Troops enjoy some hot tea while waiting for breakfast & the sun.

East German Soldat getting in out of the rain.

Most time out of combat was spent taking care of the necessities like crank charging radio batteries,

KP

Sewing collar liners

taking time to shave & brush teeth.

or the all important SLEEP!

Both sides have an ever growing motor pools:

Soviet Left to right: East German Gaz, Russian UAZ, & a Unimog

Center - UAZ
ImageImage
ImageImage

This Ural motorcycle was useful in deploying field phone wire.

NATO was also motorized sporting 2 deuces, a CUCV, & an M151 "MUTT".
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ever ride in a Deuce? Well here are a few clips from NATO solider Perez's camera as they moved out to stop Soviet aggression. And then later after hostilities ended & the cultural exchange began.

NATO troops in the field.
ImageImage
ImageImage

NATO troops ready for inspection.
ImageImage

NATO soliders taken POW.
ImageImage

Cleaning up. Notice the foot pump.

Some one says this is a picture of the NATO camp... but I don't see anything ;)

Oh wait, there it is.

Does this tent look cosey? Let Perez give you a

A few East Bloc fighting positions
ImageImage

I personally spent all night in this one watching for NATO.

Our East German allies were a critical part of the East Bloc forces, spending almost every day in West german territory.
ImageImage

The East Bloc camp

Patroling against any NATO agression

Ppsk Mikailovich preparing for a late night interrogation (go to the bottom to hear the whole thing)

Guarding the camp

Tired & Dirty but still able to smile after 9 days.

After several sleepless nights, the stress of 6mm combat, hunger, cold, & everything else the week could throw at us, the bonds & memories that formed will last forever.

Now what can you expect at EWIII? Only time will tell. I can tell you that NATO has added a few more deuces, another MUTT & CUCV, & most importantly, The British squad will have a Ferret.

Not to be out done, the East Germans will be trading up their GAZ for a BTR-40.

And this year NATO will join the Soviets in the use of period correct military radios.

And my final treat:

This link will give you the back story what lead to this event & the audio file of the interrogation itself. This is the most told story of the week.

Now that was the story my grandfather told,
As he sat by the fire all withered and old.
"Remember," said he, "that the Irish fight well,
But the Russian artillery's hotter than Hell." - The Kerry Recruit
coyote

Postby StarWars » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:38 am

StarWars

Postby Gunhog2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:27 am

Gunhog - Memphis, TN
www.myspace.com/3gc
Gunhog2

Postby StarWars » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:31 am

StarWars

Postby Gunhog2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:32 am

Gunhog - Memphis, TN
www.myspace.com/3gc
Gunhog2

Postby coyote » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 pm

coyote

eastwind

Postby airsoftaddict » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:02 pm

wow i would love to go do that sometime whats the age limit?
Scar L
Ics cxp
Cyma Thompson
Kwa MP7
Kjw 1911
airsoftaddict

Re: eastwind

Postby coyote » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:49 pm

coyote

eastwind

Postby airsoftaddict » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Scar L
Ics cxp
Cyma Thompson
Kwa MP7
Kjw 1911
airsoftaddict

Postby XshowtekX » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:11 pm

OHAI
XshowtekX

Postby coyote » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:18 pm

coyote

eastwind

Postby airsoftaddict » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:35 pm

no i havent i was thinking about it though.
when is there next event i would love to go
but i would have to get a few items such as midcaps
i like hi caps but oh well.and i would have to borrow my buddys m16
cuz i have a scar.
Scar L
Ics cxp
Cyma Thompson
Kwa MP7
Kjw 1911
airsoftaddict

Postby ProfessorCrow » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:54 pm

I'm already planning the trip for next year (The game was in August, yeah?)

Going to be German, as I'll be 16 by then.

Dunno if I'm ready for 9 days of actual Combat Life as it is xD

-Crow
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby coyote » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:14 pm

coyote

Postby ProfessorCrow » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Next

Return to Airsoft Pictures and Videos