[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Putting a face to a name Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Putting a face to a name

Post links to your favorite Airsoft related pictures and video clips here.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Putting a face to a name

Postby Top T » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 am

As an AEX rep, I like to get to know people and for them to know who they are chatting with, so if no one minds, I'll put a face to a name. Some are of my airsoft activities, others real life:

AIRSOFT:

Me (in the middle) with two Marines flanking. Lion Claws VIII.

Col Danny McKnight at Lion Claws VIII. I had the honor of being Task Force McKnight’s First Sergeant for LCVIII.

Army Birthday Shoot. This was a PR function of the Army Recruiting Command. They took a bunch of recruits and poolees to experience insurgent fighting. Myself and 50 other veteran airsofters destroyed these poor kids (probably made them wish they never joined the Army). If you ever watched the movie “Iron Man”, we played this scenario on the same movie set where Iron Man blew up the tank.

Before I retired, I brought airsoft to Camp Pendleton’s MOUT facilities. I was trying to introduce airsoft as a next-generation training tool. I managed to conduct quite a few MOUT training sessions before retiring.

REAL LIFE:

Me in uniform.

Me in Uzbekistan.

Attached to a Northern Alliance tribe in Afghanistan soon after Sep 11.

Me in Kuwait during the First Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm ’91).

I have abs... they're just in sniper mode.
Top T

Re: Putting a face to a name

Postby chrisdetrin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Now thats getting around! ... in a good way.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby bigrik » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Thanks for your service.
bigrik

Postby grant.94 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:32 pm

were you by chance at the airport security event in south memphis?
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Postby BigRed1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Yes, thanks for your service, Top T.

By the way - looking at that picture of you by the helicopter in Uzbek - any chance there's an airsoft version of that available?!
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Top T » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 am

For the questions above:

No, I was not at Memphis for the airport security event.

For the Hind, believe it or not, there was military history organization that was hosting ops, building up money to renovate one. Perhaps you heard of the ops- Balkan Hammer I and II, Red Dagger- in Flagstaff, Arizona. Superb AO, and they used some great technicals, like a renovated German halftrack. Unfortunately, life took the two primary organizers in different directions and the project stopped. However, I hear that they are trying to restart the project, as all the ops were just unbelievable and people want more.
I have abs... they're just in sniper mode.
Top T

Return to Airsoft Pictures and Videos