[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Air Rifle Steel Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Air Rifle Steel

Post links to your favorite Airsoft related pictures and video clips here.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Air Rifle Steel

Postby DRAGON64 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Do any of the Tenessee players mess with air rifles? I'm not talking about the "Buck's" and the "Red Rider's" I'm talking about the higher power rifles including the 1377's, 1322's, 2289's and such. Or maybe you mess with the real deal and use break barrel rifles or PCP rifles (?)

Testing the waters here, but I would like to see some of your air rifle steel. If you are unsure of what I am talking about, look up mfg's like these:

Daystate; Theoben; Air Arms; Benjamin; Crosman; FX (my favorite); Evanix; Sam Yang; WeiRauch just to name a few...

Air rifles have advanced alot, with some exciting models on the market. Youtube is full of videos of air gunning with videos covering subjects of competition, Field Targeting and my new favorite; HUNTING!...and I don't even hunt...but I could start.

The only air gun steel that I have is a Crosman model 1377C, The "American Classic" that was mislabeled at the factory as a 2289 "Back Packer" It is only a .177 caliber, multipump, single shot pistol, but it packs a huge punch:

Here is a shot of the mfg error...trust me, this error does not increase the value of the gun...but it still shoots the BOMB!

Would love to see what ya got, so please share?

DRAGON64

Re: Air Rifle Steel

Postby KnoxVegas » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:54 am

I used to compete in NRA/State shooting competitions during high school when I lived in Florida. Our air rifles were Anschuetz and super high end iron-sight guns.

A teaser:

I don't have any of the stuff anymore, but that will give you an idea of what's out there as far as target rifles are concerned.
ODA-865 ATL -

OP:BD V - OP:I VIII - OP:NL II
Fulda '11 - OP:I IX - OP:I X
OP:LS IV - Sov Fury '13 - OP:I XI
KnoxVegas

Postby Cypher5018 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Damn you. In my highschool I was JV captain of the shooting team, and all we had were 853 pump guns. The good ones were the Valiants. We were the joke of the other ROTC units because we didnt have any good guns so we were automatically scoring worse than the other schools.
Cypher5018

Postby DRAGON64 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:01 pm

My dad surprized me with a nice gift this past weekend. He helped me buy a .22 cal PCP rifle. It is a Crosman Marauder.

Supposed to shoot anywhere from 755 - 1000 fps with Crosman Premier Domes, @ 18 - 20 fpe. I can it with the 10-round magazine or single shot with small tray insert.

The rifle works off of high pressure air, and I have to use this special HPA type pump to build the pressure in the rifle to 2500 psi.

I tried firing it some before my dad left, it was fun...
DRAGON64

Return to Airsoft Pictures and Videos