[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Real Steel pics and video Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Real Steel pics and video

Post links to your favorite Airsoft related pictures and video clips here.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Postby cowboy6 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:21 am

cowboy6

Postby Alundiel » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:30 am

Alundiel

Postby cowboy6 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:23 am

cowboy6

Postby Alundiel » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:36 am

Alundiel

Postby cowboy6 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:38 am

cowboy6

Postby SekiRyu » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:14 pm

Last edited by SekiRyu on Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SekiRyu

Postby Alundiel » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:23 pm

Alundiel

Postby SekiRyu » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:24 pm

SekiRyu

Postby Phate » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:31 pm

Now featuring an AEG!
Phate

Postby Alundiel » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:33 pm

Alundiel

Postby James Yeager » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:00 pm

James Yeager's Cell: 731-336-4602
TRAINING: 731-676-2041
GEAR: 866-TAC-GEAR
James Yeager

Postby SekiRyu » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:08 pm

I love those shots with the slide partially open and brass flying out--except I can never time it right with my camera.
SekiRyu

Postby cowboy6 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:13 pm

Well since the AUG is apart of the BULLPUP family I did some research on this since you claim one mishap with a AUG. Leave the American crap out of it, we did bring nationality up so you should not. We are talking Guns and we or I am just pointing out for me that the AUG does not work FOR ME and I am showing you some other peoples Opinions as to why. When I buy something I get reviews before I buy So I do not get some piece of Crap.
I love guns, No secret but the AUG I would never buy. Most countries militarys will stick with there own origin guns Like America and Americans, hell colt won the west and Japan bought some at the turn of the century and bought some Winchesters to. So yes COLT is just 1 of the guns America chooses to use we used the 1911 up to the 80’s before they fully adopted the M92 Beretta ( an Italian company) as standard infantry type pistol. Believe me the military test things out very, very good before they decide on buying something and those guys have higher IQ’s then me and you both together if they thought we could get better edge on things with using a AUG then we would go to it. But for your enjoyment Seiku I will add some other comments for You.
These are QUOTES

from http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/ar ... t-126.html
Pros:
The most apparent charateristic favouring bullpup configurations is their length. They are shorter overall when compared to standard configurations. So getting in and out of APC's, Helo's and buildings is much easier.

Also because they are shorter they are much more balanced. Because most bullpups are of recent design they have better ergonomics.

Cons:
The FAMAS, AUG and P90 are designed to be fired by either right or left handers. The other designs aren't.

They have short sight radius, perhaps that why most are designed with optics.

Having had a round "cook off" in a M16 chamber and seeing the damage to the receiver, I don't always feel very safe with the action right next to my head and the noise is distracting.

Finally, it is difficult to mount attachment such as surefire lights, grenade launchers, and lasers on the bullpup configuration.

The power of an rifle, its range and accuracy depend ont he barrel lenght. On the other side the military wants to have shorter rifles (carabines) . They are more handy, better for close quarter combat, better for paratroopers and APC deployed personnel.
A normal rifle is fed in the front (to the muzzle ) of the grip. The rest lenght is "wasted". The Bullpup idea is to place the chamber backwards sometimes back to the stock. So the rifle can be short AND accurate. Its a more advanced rifle design thats all. Of course you can' hang so much things on a shorter rfle but you want it light and handy remember?
Drawbacks?
One. For a left handed shooter the case is ejected to the side of the soldier. This means for Bullpups INTO his face. But there are some ways to overcome that problem:
the german H&K G11 used caseless ammunition... problem solved!
the austrian steyr ACR could change the side of ejection!
the belgium FN F2000 ejects the case to the front... below the barrel.
Resume: the bullpup design is more advanced than the conventional design. You will see more and more rifles with that configuration in the future. But how good a rifle is depends on the specific model of cource. For example the german G36 (not a bullpup) is regarded as superior to the british SA80 (Bullpup)!

Mounting a suppressor on a bullpup can also cause some trouble. Not the mounting of the suppressor itself, but the gasses released from the ejection port right under your face when you fire the weapon. (The FN 2000 and the FNP90 don't have this problem to such a degree as the ejection port on these weapons are not so close to your face).
Suppressor tend to drive a lot of residue, gas and other nasties out of the ejection port, more so than a non suppressed weapon.
The gas will cause eyes to run and feel sore if you're not wearing totally enclosed goggles (scuba mask).
cowboy6

Postby James Yeager » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:40 pm

James Yeager

Getting way off topic

Postby James Yeager » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:41 pm

James Yeager