[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Dog Defense Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Dog Defense

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Dog Defense

Postby Airsoft Spartan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:45 pm

So my family owns about 6 acres of land and 4 of it is a field. The neighbors have a white German Shepherd and it is usually chained up. Well I decided to go look at our walnut tree and I have to go past their trailer that is on the other side of our fence row. I was on our side. So as I was getting closer to that trailer the dog came on my side of the fence and marked its territory, then it charged at me and about chewed my ass up. It chased me all the way to my house and had every intention of biting me. It was barking and biting at me but I kept running backwards so it wouldn't bite me. When I say running it was a mix between karaoke and running. I know you aren't supposed to run from a dog but he CHARGED ME at full speed with no intention to stop. So finally he turned around when he felt I was far enough from his(MY) territory. So here is my question. I don't want to kill the dog so I don't want to carry a knife but I want to have some sort of protection when I roam our field. I never consider airsoft guns against animals a good or legal thing to do except in the case of self defense. So I was thinking about bringing my airsoft gun with me whenever I want to go into my field for protection. Its a classic army M15A4 upgraded to LIPO and shoots 400 fps. Do you think that would prevent the dog from attacking me if it does so again? And also, I just want to know yall's opinions on this.

Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets(in our case BBs)
- General George Smith Patton Jr
-------------My Armory and Loadout------------
1)Classic Army M15A4 full metal upgraded to LIPO.
2)Woodland BDUs and Boonie.
Airsoft Spartan

Re: Dog Defense

Postby Airsoft Spartan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm also gonna go down there and mark over his territory with my own piss. hehe.
Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets(in our case BBs)
- General George Smith Patton Jr
-------------My Armory and Loadout------------
1)Classic Army M15A4 full metal upgraded to LIPO.
2)Woodland BDUs and Boonie.
Airsoft Spartan

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:26 am

tell your neighbor to keep his dog away
Fridge Gnome

Postby redneckemt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Have your parents call the Police and tell the neighbors to keep their dog chained up...

The call to the Police is just in case the dog ever does bite you. With a record of Complaints about the dog, the Civil Suite will be much eaiser.
redneckemt

Postby Matthias » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:36 am

Get a bayonet for the M15, if your strategy fails you still have a nice advantage :wink:
Matthias

Postby Spook » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:52 pm

I've dealt with dogs for years. This one sounds schizophrenic if it attacks without provocation. Using a knife against a dog is dicey, a large dog can knock that knife right out of your hand, then what? . The best course of action is to avoid the animal. It can't attach what it doesn't see. Running is not the best course of action; it's faster than you and that is what it expects its prey to do: Run in fear. This will make its attack all the more ferocious. Standing in place facing the dog but not staring at it is a better course of action. Back S L O W L Y toward safety. Once Mr. Dog sees that you are no threat, it will usually go in search of something else to go after.

A 2 x 4 or hefty branch upside the head works in an emergency. Using your airsoft gun will only give the game a bad name and will do little to the dog unless you're lucky enough to take out an eye because it lacks the ballistic power to be effective.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Spook

Postby Spook » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:56 pm

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Spook

Postby JLS37076 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:30 pm

I've heard putting water mixed with household ammonia in a water pistol works well for dogs, cats, skunks, and other critters. Because of the dogs extreme sensitivity to smell the amonia is something he won't want to deal with and he'll back away. There is nothing illegal about carrying around a toy water pistol. Keep in mind to be careful with ammonia it can permenantly damage your eyes if you get in in their so wash your hands thoroughly and make sure the water pistol doesn't leak. Put a piece of tape over the end if you need to.
www.GunDevils.com
JLS37076

Postby swimmerboy15 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:08 pm

wouldnt use an airsoft gun but pepper spray maybe or a 2x4 as Spook said. id call the cops because if there is more than 1 complain on the same animal then they can be forced to keep it chained up and that way you have a reccord in case it ever bites you or anyone else
-KWA SR-10 Upgraded
-KWA M16BR
-Echo G36K
-KJW 1911

Modern Warfare 2 Addict

"Our goal is not to get to Hell fast, only to make sure it is crowded when we get there"
swimmerboy15

Postby LawVol » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 am

best thing to do is hit the melee button when the dog lunges to bite.
LawVol

Postby airsoftaddict » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 pm

ya man i would let your neighbors know that their dog has attacked you on YOUR property and if they dont do anything about it if it happens again do what spook said and carry a big ole stick and wack him if he trys to attack you again.
Scar L
Ics cxp
Cyma Thompson
Kwa MP7
Kjw 1911
airsoftaddict

Postby swimpat16 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:26 pm

swimpat16

Postby Erianerson » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Erianerson