[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Gun Trouble Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Gun Trouble

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Gun Trouble

Postby Shadowrich » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:19 pm

I havn't seen a gun pic thread on this forum yet, so I figured I'd see what all the other guys from Knoxville are shooting.

heres my stuff:

[URL=http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=1861251]
Image[/URL]

classic army m15:
pdi 170% spring
spring guide w/ bearing
polycarb piston and piston head
type 0 cylinder
509 prometheus tightbore (insanely accurate)
systema full metal hop up unit
systema hop up sleeve w/ custom o-ring bucking
star crane stock w/ 9.6 v 2000 mah battery
JBU silencer
red dot acog replica

[URL=http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=1861258]
Image[/URL]

classic army m15 spr nearly stock

[URL=http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=1861260]
Image[/URL]

(barrel over extends the silencer, so we have to do a cut and re-bore on it)

Tokyo Marui mp5:
Hurricane Upgrade Kit
407 prometheus tightbore barrel
classic army silencer
claw mount
red dot scope

Last edited by Shadowrich on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TARO
Shadowrich

Postby ParaTweeT » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:37 pm

The Army is a funnel. You pour in training, doctrine, equipment and technology, and out of the bottom comes one lone soldier walking point.
ParaTweeT

Postby Shadowrich » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:10 pm

TARO
Shadowrich

Postby ParaTweeT » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:08 am

The Army is a funnel. You pour in training, doctrine, equipment and technology, and out of the bottom comes one lone soldier walking point.
ParaTweeT

Postby Shadowrich » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:30 pm

Me and two other guys I play with use .25's with pdi 170% springs and we all chrono at 300 +/- 5 fps. Do you chrono at 350 with a 170%? At Chattanooga some guys recommended systema gears, but I guess it's one of those hit and miss things. They also talked about phoenix gears, have you heard of them? I thought about trying my stock gears with the 210% but they probably wouldn't hold up very long.
TARO
Shadowrich

Postby bigb » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:14 pm

I think i'm gonna go for the Prometheus Hard Gear set. Check on atlantaairsoft for them. Everyone says they work very well.
bigb

Postby Shadowrich » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:16 pm

r u gonna go with a 210% brett? hopefully it won't put us over 375 so we don't have to change springs whenever we go to events. I'll check out the prometheus hard gear set and try to find out as much as I can about them.
TARO
Shadowrich

Postby bigb » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:38 pm

I'm gonna go talk to Shane or Vince over at the shop and see what they say. Because shooting 305 w/ .25's is way too slow. I was amazed at the ranges i was being shot from. I'll let you know what they say about gears and springs.
bigb

Postby Hunter » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:11 pm

A 170% should be giving you around 400FPS. I get 400FPS with a M110. Your compression is seriously messed up if your getting those readings.
Hunter

Postby Shadowrich » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:16 pm

yeah dude, I was amazed at what kind of range those guys had. Did we ever find out what they were running in their guns? Definately let me know what shane and vince say, as of now I think your right as far as the prometheus gears. I looked around on some forums and I think a lot of it is going to do with how well we shim the new gears. I think I'm gonna sell my sniper pro throat mic, I just don't like the way throat mics work. Starting off at 90$ and I've only used it twice. If you or Rodriguez are interested let me know and I'll let ya try it out.
TARO
Shadowrich

Postby ParaTweeT » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:14 pm

It was Shane at Airsoft Knoxville I was talking to about the gears. By the way this is Jon the guy who runs Knox Airsoft Group. I've also been talking to a few other people since this post that have had issues with the Systema gears that were purchased within the last 6 months. I would say buy with CAUTION! Now I'm saying this is a recent thing as many I know and have talked with have Systema gear sets and have had them running fine for years.

You say with a PDI 170% your running 300's with .25? hrmm. I tell you that with a 150% I was shooting 375 to 380 with .20's. That means with .25's the average was around 325 to 330.

Immediate guess is that you all have a boreup cylinder but do not have boreup parts in it. Either way I'd recomend bringing it to an experienced tech to look at it as your bleeding air somewhere. You can always call me as my cell number is the one on the flyer for KAG. I'd have to see your gun get Chron'd at the store to be sure your numbers are not something of an issue as well.
ParaTweeT

Postby Shadowrich » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:16 am

TARO
Shadowrich

Postby ParaTweeT » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:26 am

ParaTweeT

Postby Shadowrich » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:38 am

TARO
Shadowrich

Postby ParaTweeT » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:03 am

ParaTweeT

Next

Return to Knoxville, TN