[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - dead end field ideas Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

dead end field ideas

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: dead end field ideas

Postby Rhoades » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Not a 100% sure but I don't think so cause of the huge game at secret city today.

Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby keesbb1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Every Sunday except for the Sundays after Secret City. We need our rest and we try to help support all the fields in East TN so the weekends they play are their weekends lol. Hope to see everyone next Sunday. Hopefully I will have my new piston in by then lol. That was the only part I had not replaced so go figure lol.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby RandyCapp » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:18 am

man, I really picked the wrong Saturday evening to pick up my AEG!! Oh well, I will definitely make it next Sunday and hopefuly after a day out there I can post some ideas up here? Can't wait to break this bad boy in!!
RandyCapp

Postby RandyCapp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:35 pm

this is more of a gameplay suggestion than one for the field and it deals with the "Bang Bang" rule. During the first game I noticed a lot of Bang Bang kills that seemed wrong and unfair, for example: Three attackers plus me were on the windowless side of the objective base, one guy comes around the window side, "Bang bang, bang bang, bang bang, bang bang" you all four are dead. I'm not even sure if he was eliminated from the encounter? Also, entering the building I noticed a lot of the defenders claiming the intruders were out but minimal loss to the defending team. I think I have come up with a way that should fix any number issues or complaints about the Bang Bang rule and who is eliminated.

I'll start with an example. We have 6 defenders inside the building, and 3 attackers getting ready to make a move in, they barge in and automatically everyone is going to start yelling bang bang. Now with my idea, whatever team has the number advantage wins the encounter... in this example 3 of the defenders are eliminated (along with the three attackers who entered) but three stay in there. Let's look at it flip flopped, six attackers move in while only 3 defenders are in the building... all three defenders die and the attackers are left with a squad of 3 in the building. We could use this with bunker bang bangs as well (I believe this will mostly be useful when it comes to a group bang bang <---- lolz). If one enemy comes to a bunker of three enemies, it should be a one for one. This might not be as realistic in some situations, but I do believe it will end any arguments that might occur from the bang bang rule because it's even on both sides and numbers are the most definite solutions!! let me know what you all think?
RandyCapp

Postby Rhoades » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Its all about realism to me I don't like the bang bang rule and I don't like your idea either but that's only cause its unrealistic. I know there are times when bang bang rule is neccessary if you sneak up on someone. Personally I think a tap to the shoulder/back would be like a knife kill and more realistic. I don't think the bang bang rule should apply in the bunker situation either. grenades or a projectile of some sort should clear out the bunker. The game before when we rushed the bunker I and 3 others were infront of the junk pile and heard two guys sneaking up well within minimum engagement they fired as well as us. I can tell you it hurt like hell from about 15ft away I took it like a man and walked away the bang bang rule should have been used it wasn't and thats ok.

People also need to be mindful of a situation before they get all bent out of shape the guy that shot me at close range then took out all the people at the bunker. They were all dead all had a hand up you continue to fire then get all pissy cause they wouldn't move... had they moved away they would have blocked your shots of out team running into the bunker with the bomb. Also not everyone has a deathrag. And I was between junk and thorn bushes had no were to go you were blocking my exit. So all I can do is remain still.

Like borscope has said in the complain about hit calling thread. Its not always how you see it. Tons of other possibilities. Everyone needs to remain respectful and keep other perspectives/possibilities in mind.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Rhoades » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:16 pm

http://www.wholesaleforeveryone.com/cat ... dozen.html

Check it... 11.50 for a dozen bandanas in any color. the field could buy 4 dozen of bandanas in 2 different colors for the teams instead of using ducktape. Would be cheaper in the long run. Id suggest probably the gold and lime green that way either team could be easily identified. That's would give 24 players per team and actually if you cut each bandana in half you would have room for more players...

Id also pick up 2 dozen red cut them in half for death rags.
So around 60 bucks worth of bandanas fixes team/ death rag issues.

Also could buy maybe 6 white ones and a red sharpie to make some medic armbands.

Id chip in some doe if this is something you guys want to do.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Tiger-Stripe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Tiger-Stripe

Postby RandyCapp » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:58 pm

If this rule was in effect, it would be they are eliminated by order of entering.... so one by one enter and practically you keep sending them in until you eliminate the enemies or run out of players to send in. I see how you can say it would be unrealistic, but I am leaning towards more of the situations where both teams know there is an enemy right around the corner or in the door.... instances where you sneak up on a group or single player should still stick to original rules: the people who had no clue the enemy was there are dead.

IMO I would much rather trade in a bit of realism for a smoother and fairer game. Also, I keep hearing talk about grenades, how do we acquire one at Dead End? There were multiple instances where i would have LOVED to have a grenade in my hand
RandyCapp

Postby Drakester » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:23 pm

After i see whats been done with the field since last time i was there, ill give my input... but, ill be there with a group of two other guys... maybe three, but not sure... um, the three guys im coming with are all new and have no guns, so, ill ask here, and if dead end has a game, in their game post, would some of the guys bring loaners for my guys?
Echo 1 MP5
KWA M9 PTP

Vet. of OP Maple Leaf: Canada side
Drakester

Postby Rhoades » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Grenades and mortars make it realistic. And who would keep up with who went in when... sounds more hassel than worth bang bang rule should not be used how it was at bunker... grenades or mortar would have been better route.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Drakester » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:25 am

Got an idea for a game.

Two teams, terrorist and counter-terrorist. Terrorists start at the end of the road that goes to the big field, and CT start at the end near the check in/safe zone. . (not sure how many would like THAT) Anyway, a small group of maybe 4 VIP's start somewhere hidden near the middle. The game lasts for a set amount of time, but to be fun should be at least 20 minutes. CT and Terrorists must both try to claim the VIPs without injuring them. The VIPs are all unarmed. (so it would be great if me, Gerbil and my other two friends were the VIPs cause they none have their own guns). To capture a VIP; both teams would need a marker of some sort, that aren't the teams actual colors. like, if the team colors were red and blue, you might have a green and orange marker for the VIPs. The marker must be securely placed somewhere on the VIP. If a VIP gets killed, the killing team loses points, if a VIP gets captured while he is neutral, the capturing team gets points, and if a VIP is captured by one team while under control of the other, the team the captures gains points and the team that lost the VIP loses points.

POINT SYSTEM
Capturing a Neutral VIP = 10
Killing a VIP = -5
capturing a pre-captured VIP = 20
losing a VIP to another team = -15

If you wanna risk killing a VIP and shoot while someone is capturing him, feel free to, but its a loss of points. Gimme some feedback or spruce it up a bit guys...
Echo 1 MP5
KWA M9 PTP

Vet. of OP Maple Leaf: Canada side
Drakester

Postby RandyCapp » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 am

i like the CT and T scenario, my only opinion would be to spread out the VIPs into three groups.... one group being relatively easy to get to for each team, then a third group in the middle where it would get tough (If you play domination on CoD it's kinda like the Flag setup). I would also make extraction points in areas that maybe a helicopter would be able to land in? Something like that to make it harder to get the VIPs to safety....
RandyCapp

Postby RandyCapp » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 am

now with the grenades.... do the BBs in there actually have to hit someone to be eliminated?.. It seems with videos or other sources I have seen that when a grenade blows up, any units in a given radius are eliminated from the game. So.... firecracker + BB + easter egg + wick?.... And I can bring as many as I want? lol
RandyCapp

Postby Rhoades » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:28 am

I think its a 10 radious with grenades and 20 with mortars.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby BigRed1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Randy,
Sorry, but the forum doesn't allow the specific discussion of pyrotechnics for legal reasons. But let's just say you're heading in the right direction with what you've listed there. If you want specifics, feel free to PM me or one of the other players.

And yes, EE grenades are almost always used in a radius kill rule, since they don't really propel bb's well.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

PreviousNext

Return to Knoxville, TN