[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - dead end field ideas Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

dead end field ideas

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: dead end field ideas

Postby RandyCapp » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:07 am

i noticed that there is no Facebook page for Dead End.... I am pretty active on FB lol. Anyone mind if I run the group?... Whoever plans the events could either e-mail me or PM me through here and I could post events on FB. I think it might attract a crowd out there... I have a lot of people interested just by the excitement of my friends' when they tell stories lol. Also, anyone who helps run the field is more than welcome to be an admin if I create the group. Any objections?!?!?! Let me know.

RandyCapp

Postby RandyCapp » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:09 pm

RandyCapp

Postby Rhoades » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:21 pm

The rags worked out great kube game was fun. Btw chuck found your other screw driver in kyles trunk ill get it back to you next Sunday. Thanks for the rubber cement, Parafrog said its stamped from factory so told me to epoxy it but he couldn't pull it off so we will just wait and see how the cement holds out.

Brady got his tax check and is proud new owner of an echo1 ak.

Can't wait for the hay bails. We need to figure out a bridge system. Today was a blast.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby keesbb1 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:27 pm

I will talk to the guy again about the hay tomorrow. I Had a blast today.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby RandyCapp » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:58 pm

on my way home this idea popped into my head.

First off, I think everyone did great when it came to the injury today!! The game was stopped quickly and everyone did good on communication. I have noticed a ton of random barbed wire through out the field, separate from the obvious areas. I know they have that really bright neon tape that I have seem them tie around pipes and trees for construction reasons; I think it would be a good idea to have a good amount of that to tie around barbed wire that might not be easy to see. I fell a couple times today, we even eliminated a player during the last game that was stuck in barbed wire..... and I believe the reason she fell was because of barbed wire; if the hidden and more sneaky wires are marked with bright neon colors I think this might help future injuries or accidents. We could start by marking what we know is there, and as we go mark more and more that pop up.
RandyCapp

Postby Rhoades » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Was not barbed wire I was right next to her it was a vine...
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby RandyCapp » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:52 pm

me too, could have sworn it was that wire.... oh well my goggles kept fogging lol. Regardless of the reason of the fall, I was caught up and tripped a few times when we did that last game because I had never been through the area. I think this would greatly decrease the chance of anything serious happening
RandyCapp

Postby Rhoades » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Ya im just glad she was ok.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:30 pm

I've actually got marking the barbed wire worked into a scenario so we can play and work at the same time!
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Rhoades » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:46 am

Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby USMCRecon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Marking the hiden barb wire is a great idea! I've personally have been lacerated, tripped, and stabbed by barb wire no fewer than 5 times (I know, i'm blind lol). I have cases of those neon green tapes I can donate.

BTW.....When is the next DEA build day? P38 would like to get in on that.
USMCRecon
AirsoftVet

Postby Phantomsan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:38 pm

So would I :P... is removing the barbed wire an option cause I can bring tools to do that...
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby RandyCapp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:09 am

I would say that in the areas where the barbed wire is not being used for anything we could probably def take it out. I have tried this task at my dad's property and I'll tell you what, removing barbed wire that's in the forest is tough!! Def possible and I am willing to stay late or early to do so.... if we have people remember areas that are bad during the day, we can take them all out at the end of the day.

Now I am sure that there are some places (around the fences for example) where the barbed wire MUST stay.... and there are some possible 'trip' areas around there too, I think this is a good place for the marker so when people are trying to get to the creek side of the road they can see the tricky wires that they need to walk over.

I for one will probably for sure bring either tools or markers next play date.... anyone who wants to help out after the games is more than welcome to!! If Chuck or someone who would know could please let us know the restrictions when it comes to this task.... like what NOT to cut and so on.
RandyCapp

Postby Rhoades » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Biggest thing is we need permission from the property owner. And specifics as to what we can and cant remove keep in mind live stock is in there from time to time.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby RandyCapp » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:21 pm

just thought i would share this! I posted it in the scenario forum if anyone has any comments/suggestions!

***NOTE: This is a work in progress; more details will come into play if there is some interest!!

Work in Progress:

Overview: I am looking for new ideas concerning the way airsoft matches are setup, two teams both fighting to complete an objective: basically the root of all scenarios. I think I have come up with something that if organized well, can become a very popular style of play!! I haven't done much research to see if anyone does something like this so let me in on some sources if you know of any.
I would like to make it a "Squad Event" : instead of splitting everyone into two teams, people come with the required amount of members (probably anywhere between 6-12). I plan on having roughly 20 "players" NOT ELIGABLE to compete in the event for this reason: they are involved in the scenario and play as the opponents each squad will face in order to complete their given objectives (we will call them involved players). Each squad is given the same objectives and are scored based on things such as: Players alive at end, Enemies eliminated, and time. Teams will take turns going through each "level" of the day; we will try to make sure that all involved players simulate each teams' turn THE SAME so scoring is more accurate. All involved players will know what they are to do when the participating squads come to a certain point on the map. Think of it as a video game kinda: You and your team start at Point X of the map, you are given objectives to complete and as you go through the map, computer... or the involved players.... players try to stop you. We could make it competetive with a scoring system and an overall winner at the end of the day. I think it would be fun to have maybe 5 missions per an event that vary GREATLY, so people will always be on their toes. It would also be very possible to have side games going while teams wait... if this catches on like I hope maybe we could have a TON of teams out there.

Example!!!

Let's say the first objective is for the squad to eliminate a VIP that is held up in a small city. After they eliminate the VIP and his 4-6 guards (all of these involved players) they get a call in that enemy forces are making an attack on the secured city. If the team makes it through several waves of 3-4 involved players the mission goes on. Their next task is to make it safely to the extraction zone. On the way they could encounter a ton of different things such as a sniper either out of range or at an elevated spot that the squad won't be able to get to. That way the team will need to use cover and distraction in order to get out of range of the sniper (or maybe they have a sniper of their own?!) After fighting their way to the extraction zone and maybe holding off one last wave at a well entrentched area, the mission is finally over and points are tallied.

Now, I have pondered many details for this but I don't think it will be necessary to write more if no one likes the idea. So PLEASE, give me input... let me know if you would like to hear more.

Thanks everyone!
RandyCapp

PreviousNext

Return to Knoxville, TN