[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - dead end field ideas Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

dead end field ideas

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: dead end field ideas

Postby Rhoades » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:25 am

This idea is great in theory. The problem is the involved players always need to be the same people for the given day. Otherwise its not fair across the boards for all teams. The involved players need to be in very similar areas for the first team as they would need to be for all succeeding teams. They also need to use the same weapon. Im sure you can see why this needs to be. Example first round kube is posted with a saw and takes out the first entire team. So that team fails so next team comes up and kube is bear last objective with saw and takes them out just before extraction but they have already rallied points for the rest. This is just an example if what might happen if the involved players are allowed to move around .

Im not knocking the idea at all I really like it. This just goes further to my point in another thread if p38 and porkchop host this event but we are the involved players and invite other teams to come get scored this would work out great.

Just my .02c keep up the great ideas.

Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Re: dead end field ideas

Postby RandyCapp » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:53 pm

I feel you there. I didn't realize how long that would all take to write out so I left a lot out lol. A lot easier to think it than to write it lol.

The involved players' positions would be predetermined... maybe a select few are allowed movement. I believe that we could setup spots that might be good to shoot from, but with an easy flank maneuver it can turn into a terrible spot for the involved player. That way we would have teams trying different ways to eliminate X player... but I think it would be possible to setup to where almost everytime there is an obvious manuever to make, that way it will be a test of skill and executing tactical manuevers. Good point with the saw, I had some ideas that maybe halfway between the city and extraction point, for example, there would be a small squad trenched in with a support gunner (one with a SAW or something similar)... that way run ins with enemies aren't just "Oh look we're getting attacked"... and more of "How can we accomplish this task?"

Also, we wouldn't really have to make it competitive, just FUN and something NEW. Time could always be kept each run for sh*ts and giggles and to make people want to do well. Maybe once a month just get a handful of these going... make it really exciting: random explosions, a vehicle surprising them and dropping off enemies, or an unkillable vehicle that must be out manuvered (or we could give a projectile weapon NEEDED to complete the mission). I personally would love if a group did something like this, I would play there as much as possible, if we kept coming up with new ideas... more and more people would be excited for the next event
RandyCapp

Previous

Return to Knoxville, TN