[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Operation Steadfast Echo @ Dead End APRIL 3 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Operation Steadfast Echo @ Dead End APRIL 3

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Operation Steadfast Echo @ Dead End APRIL 3

Postby Borscope » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:19 pm

I'd like to get everyone on the same page for "something special" for the near future, but I also want to make sure it doesn't conflict with too much other goings-on. P38, I know you guys are wanting a break for make & mend, and then there's Secret City on the 19th.

There's 2 Dead End pages on FB, and the forum here. I'd prefer to coordinate here.

I would need people to be there to brief all at 1330, team prep/briefs until 1430, and game end at 1700.
The parking lot area would be treated as a neutral area for reloading/breaks/recharges, but the entire rest of the field would be contested but not a single, simple objective.
I believe I have a kickass operation planned that will work and most importantly run smoothly.
The one thing that is a necessity would be a transport vehicle capable of traveling to the large field via the road while carrying people many times like a bus on a route(Kube, your cuz's atv & trailer would be perfect I'd be willing to pay.)

OPERATION STEADFAST ECHO
MURVILLE, Farkistan (AP) - As of 9am local time, anti-government opposition forces launched a vicious suprise attack and massacred the militia garrisons in the contested Four Mile Valley, seizing control of rural villages and the vital highway that links the town of Murville and the airport at the head of the valley. Rebel sources in the area have claimed that the infamous Commandante Tarjay is personally leading the way in these endeavors. With rising sympathy for the rebels with these bold attacks in rural areas, and pro-government urban centers losing their stomach for what some consider a quagmire due to flawed domestic policies, loyalist forces have responded by deploying a crack unit of troops to Murville to reestablish use of the vital supply line, and restore order to the outlying villages in an effort to quash the insurgency that has plagued this valley for many long months. Unverified witness accounts report military helicopters have landed at the airport, which may signal the militarizing of the previously civilian airport.

Dead End field: Sunday, March ?
1330 Briefings begins
1430 Weapons free
1700 One force will control the valley

Last edited by Borscope on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Re: Dead End Special Event March 13th or 27th

Postby keesbb1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Awesome job Scope, is there anything special besides the atv and trailer we need? Do you think this would be good for this weekend or next? I am off Saturday to help prepare this weekend if needed. I have a spec ops mission that would fit in perfect with this scenario. Give me a call so we can talk about this one. I think this would be awesome. We could extend the time if wanted.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby Borscope » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:40 pm

The weather this weekend coming up looks iffy, and I think we used up all our mojo with mother nature this weekend dodging the storms. Also, P38 said they want to take a break since they've been hitting it hard all month.

Material components won't be that big a deal, mostly people and the atv/trailer as a battle taxi. If you and Kube want to ref (it will need some) and can keep secrets I will send you guys the scenario once I get it translated from many pages of feverish scribblings. This is BIG.
Last edited by Borscope on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby kube » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:50 pm

thats cool gives us some time to see if we can do something different with the field, and get the atv and traler also if we need anything other than that tell us and we will get it
when the cigar drops its your a**
kube
AirsoftVet

Re: Operation Steadfast Echo @ Dead End

Postby Phantomsan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:36 pm

My vote is the weekend after Secret City... for the main reason that SC tires me the hell out... I would also come on a Saturday to help set up anything that needed setting up...
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby RandyCapp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 am

looking good!!! I like the names you used :P Anyways, I am for sure down to come and help setup as well (if needed). Either date is okay with me, I'll be out there with some friends REGARDLESS of the date. If any supplies are needed lmk and I am willing to throw down on something or bring if needed!!! Looking forward to this one
RandyCapp

Postby RandyCapp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:23 am

oh yea, btw.... THROW IT IN THE EVENTS PAGE TOO!!!! Maybe we can get some travelers in?
RandyCapp

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:43 am

I vote for the weekend after Secret City. I can't make it on the 13th.
Fridge Gnome

Postby USMCRecon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:28 pm

The scenario sounds awesome B'scope.....P38 is in! I'm for the weekend after secret city, but im open to the 13th also. The two weeks off is not really etched in stone yet lol! I'll make sure to gather the team up for either dates.

BTw, thanks for using the picture of me flat on my back after taking a hit lol!
USMCRecon
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:48 pm

It screamed "garrison overrun" lol

I'm thinking the weekend after SC for the real deal, and we can try some of the sub-rules/objectives the next 2 weeks

*EDITED* Ok the date for the big dance is 3/27 unless something happens. That gives us more time to tweak the game and the field, as well as do some practice runs on the rules and whatnot.

I don't want to go too far into detail just yet, especially on the secret & surprise elements only known to each team or even just the refs, but here are some teaser details that will be part of the "All" brief (I have to switch between computers throughout the day so this post will be edited with changes/fill in):

Government forces will be split into two teams in the beginning; a force forward deployed to the airport, and the main body which will deploy about 30 minutes later . Gov't forces retain most of the country's infrastructure so will have the advantage of sat-comms (refs/transport will relay radio/written messages) and use of the battle-taxi to deploy troops anywhere along it's route (see below).

Medics: Medics heal with a "30 million" count, and must respawn if hit. One person may "drag" one wounded at a time.

Strategic Crossroads: The small tanker area will have a flag at the hitch area. If the flag is up, the road from that point to the airport can't be used to deploy troops due to rebel mines/whatever. Government forces can lower the flag to demonstrate the way is safe.

Transport: The transport is invincible as well as anyone in/on/or touching it, and those people may not fire, and can't be fired at. Anyone on either team may ride back to Murville, but only Gov't forces may use it to deploy troops.

Murville, the open city: Anyone may visit Murville (the parking lot safe-zone) to rest, reload, recharge, etc. Gov't forces can be targeted once they leave the gate area (and an anti-spawn camping distance), but rebels will be able to leave as "civilians" so long as they keep weapons slung and hand up in open areas (road/field), but become targets as soon as their hand goes down/enter non-open areas.

Tunnel Entrances: Rebel forces will have a few secret respawns throughout the field, but Gov't forces will be on the lookout for them, and equipped with demo-charges to collapse them.

The Airport: Gov't forces are using the small general aviation airport to refuel their deadly attack helicopters.

Bring me the head of Commandante Tarjay: Everyone has seen the posters, 100,000 ducats for the head of Tarjay, treacherous rebel mastermind of the rebels and twin brother of the Murville tax collector. :twisted:
Last edited by Borscope on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Re: Operation Steadfast Echo @ Dead End 3/27

Postby Drakester » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 pm

I Agree, lets do it after secret city, and try the rules and such, as Boroscope said. Sounds fun...
Echo 1 MP5
KWA M9 PTP

Vet. of OP Maple Leaf: Canada side
Drakester

Postby Rhoades » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Sounds awesome
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Rhoades » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:32 am

After talks with scope today I am more pumped than ever for this game I really think you guys will like this. Keep up the good work scope!
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby GREYRIDER » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Sounds really great . Will contact , may be able to help set up if needed.
" Never stand and take a charge ... charge them too." General Nathan Bedford Forrest CSA
GREYRIDER

Postby asianSGT2010 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Is this match open to everyone or is their limited slots? I am really just getting in to Airsoft hot and heavy and I wanna play as much and my body will let me (and wife). Let me know if there is room and if you need any mor assistance with prep.

SGT Hackett
US Army Recruiter
Echo1 M28 Bolt Action Sniper
KWA MAC 11
Robinson Armament Full Metal XCR
asianSGT2010

Next

Return to Knoxville, TN