[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - thieves Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

thieves

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: thieves

Postby Rhoades » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Oh ya thats perfect let the thieves volunteer to be alone with everyones stuff

Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Supply Chief » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Like we always tell Marines, gear a drift is gift. Basically secure your stuff, lock it up, keep it with you. If you have to leave it alone have somebody you trust watch it. Don't know what else to say, other than these problems will always occur. The only thing to do is make it difficult for people to steal it. As far as tagging your gun goes, mark it in the inside. Any body can change the accessories, kind of hard to remove an internal marking.
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby Rhoades » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Great points man
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:57 pm

The key is to just lock up your stuff, I know it has been said, but not just set in the truck, you need to put anything your not going to use in your car and lock the car.

It would be nice if field owners could keep track or have a list somewhere of "trusted" players, and sometimes have smaller squad oriented games that you had to be a reliable player to play in.
Fridge Gnome

Postby darkestomnivore » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:05 pm

It happens!
"man you ain't got no FPS!"

G&G G4-A3: fiber optic ACOG, foregrip, tac light
SoDo Squad!:Cherokee team!
darkestomnivore

Postby USMCRecon » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 pm

USMCRecon
AirsoftVet

Postby not_a_member » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:28 pm

not_a_member

Postby Rhoades » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Lol just a small detail
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey Supply Chief, any chance you could make a couple of those collapsible steel gear lockers fall off the back of a truck? *wink*

We try a bit, but I'd love to be able to lager our vehicles inside some wire.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Sigmarius » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:42 am

Sorry to necropost here, but I wanted to clear up a few points.

The glock was stolen when a person I know had set it down and walked maybe 10 feet away. It was laying with his rifle and a good portion of his kit.

The gun being stolen had nothing to do with not being locked up. Yes, he shouldn't have set it down, and he admits that, and amends have been made.

The issue is, why would someone walk by and grab a glock that was laying with a bunch of other stuff, and not turn it in to lost and found?

That is the bigger issue.

And I agree, the guy who stole the rifle should be prosecuted and permabanned from all the local fields.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby gliderpilot » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:46 pm

at battlefield i feel as the operator it is my responsibility to help with this problem, so i have plans to install a whole wall of foot locker size storage cubbies. i hate that a man cant lay his rifle down and go about his buisiness and come back to his rifle. I hate that we cant surround ourselves with only honerable people who would rather earn it than to take it. It might not be a wise buisness move but i will say " If your a thief dont bother coming to Battlefield WE DONT WANT YA" I have meet some rally nice people who play this game and right now i choose to live in the fairytale land where everbody is as those i have had the pleasure to hang out and talk with. When i was in basic training i was told "all a lock does,is keep an honest man honest" I'll put in the lockers and continue to wish we didnt need them.
gliderpilot

Postby swimpat16 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:08 am

Honestly, I'd save the money for the lockers. As for me, everything I have at the field is either locked in my car or on my person (have always been like that, even before these happenings). I don't feel that I would have any need for a small locker, even if it would be secure. This is just my opinion though, some people may make use of them.
swimpat16

Previous

Return to Knoxville, TN