[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - BATTLEFIELD AIRSOFT NEEDS 40-50 PLAYERS !updated! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

BATTLEFIELD AIRSOFT NEEDS 40-50 PLAYERS !updated!

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: BATTLEFIELD AIRSOFT NEEDS 40-50 PLAYERS !updated!

Postby Phantomsan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby Dood » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:36 pm

well glad to see nobody has flared up about this....but i'd like to take a minute here and point out some common grounds before we start spinning each other in circles.

Currently fps is at 350 w/ .25's - the reason why is for purely for player pool. Allowing more "field" guns into play due to lack of cqb option in Knoxville area.
Why is the standard for cali cqb/mount fields to be 350? because of the Joules ( energy pushing the BB ), 350 with .2 bb's does appox .85joules. skin breaks at 1.3 joules.. a 350 fps with a .25 bb is OVER 1.4JOULES
Does this mean that Battlefield has to switch over? No... the question you should ask yourself is, having a CQB arena running so hot, for the better of the airsoft community? or is it for the greater good of the community to lower the fps..eventually....just food for thought.

I'm not here to single anybody out, I'd like to come to a understanding why there is that standard. And as everybody pointed out all the DOWN sides of adjusting the speed rules...let's look at the up side.

you know...one of those 18 guns you have in your collection is prob collecting dust...you can be sentimental about it, or sell it...now you have excuse to exercise your hobbie. Get online research shop, you know you geeked on researching a new gun, so don't lie to me...why else do you have 18 guns..

Ever been rained out of a event ...and you traveled over 3 hours to get there? like WTF right? you know there are cqb fields all over? like this one in georgia? couple hours to check out ONE of SERVERAL cqb arenas in the Georgia? ...maybe with those can save money and willing to travel to ..what? ...what?....that's right CQB City in Cali? have you not seen the size of this sob.....omg go youtube it already.

now you have an excuse to add to your collection...besides you can curve the cost of your cqb gun by reasoning with yourself. I don't know about you, but I used over 3,000 rounds on the field. in cqb...maybe 200? so 15 bucks a weekend right? for field games just on bb's. 4 weeks in a month right? 60bucks...well damn....that's a walmart smg right there...ok ok..two months...120bucks.....decent 100 guns out there, ...ok ok 3 months of bbs --180dollars....omg.....i can get that nice one... 4months of bb's, 240....i can get that SICK ass mofo in the case! you may not agree with my logic here but you know what i'm saying.

If you're geeked about the local cqb, and you're excited about it...and you know you aren't the only one....you don't think demand will bring a another cqb field in knoxville?

From my experience playing cqb, the crowd is split...1/2 will use rifle pistol combo....other half will use smgs.

here's some perspective....you own a insurance company, you are there to make money, so you like to insure low risk company s.....how willing are you to insure a company shooting projectals at wounding speed?
How about as an arena owner...how nervous are you going to be knowing the potentiating lawsuit....do you open up a business to get sued? or do you hope to open something that lasts a while and makes profit...lawsuit = no profit. and that only takes one jerk to do.

I don't see battlefield changing their rules over night, or anytime in the very near future, but I do see it eventually changing ...the rules are as is due to the money issue... but I think over time, as people continue to play at these high speeds, things will change,i think once everybody sees how they get open wounds through clothing at current speeds, not just for safty, but for the ability to play in any field/arena across the country. because you'll see why cqb is growing faster then field play.
Dood

Postby Rhoades » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm

okay, i just found out the parafrog sold out of pistols mostly before and right after the cqb field opened.... you mean to tell me none of you guys were involved in that?

guys that are running 4 and 5 guns, you never use all of them you got that one you really don't use that much sell it buy a cqb gun its not like your hurting, if you already have 4/5 guns.

i work at walmart and im looking at selling guns that i already have to buy one that would better suit this field...

why? i got through a bag of ammo just about in one weekend at dead end if i play the full day.
at the cqb i went through maybe 100 rounds... a bag would last me a few months there. unless we lower the limit and allow full auto. i might go through more bbs.

i can sell my echo1 m14 been used in two games, for enough to get a awesome pistol or a descent cqb gun. i'm looking into a echo1 m4 xx would be perfect for that cqb.

what i find hilarious is that you guys have a gun for a field or op that happens 1- 2 times a year, yet you wont buy a gun for something you can hit every weekend... were is the sensibility in that?

just saying... as i said before if someone gets hurt, and isn't like the rest of us and they get pissed and file a lawsuit we wont have cqb anymore just keep that in mind IF something happens.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Phantomsan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Both of your posts are way to damn long to read... I will just say it again... it wont break skin if you have your skin protected, I will NOT specialize a gun for one field... I have a family to take care of and only have 1 gun and no I cant spend the money for another... I can live without CQB and I have been for years... and waivers protect against lawsuits... that's why fields have them... if they didn't hold any weight then no field would bother drafting them and be so anal about collecting them for every player...
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby KnoxVegas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 pm

I don't know why, but I feel like alot of this is directed at me. Though I'm not totally sure why.

Yeah, I have alot of guns that are legal for multiple ops. They're also legal for use around here, so I actually use all of them. Sometimes I even swap in the middle of a game day. Also, at the big ops, it's also necessary to have multiple backup weapons should any one go down.

I've also traveled to Airdog in Georgia. Their limits are 400fps with 0.2's and semi-only indoors. That was just fine and I didn't walk away with any broken skin or welts.

Let me propose a set of limits. Most gas SMG's shoot between 350-400fps with 0.20's. You can't just throw duster gas in it b/c you won't be able to get strong enough recoil to cycle the bolt and it's not like they make downgraded recoil springs. But on the other side of the coin they hold ALOT less ammo. Typically 30-50 rounds as opposed to the 100+ in an AEG. Why not allow GAS weapons up to 400fps with 0.2's and AEG's up to 350fps with 0.2's? That way everyone is happy.

I'm just saying this mostly so I can use a gun I already own. Yes, I can afford to build a sub-350fps AEG. But I'd much rather use my gas gun, and I don't want to downgrade any of my field guns for one reason; they're all still legal to play most everywhere.
ODA-865 ATL -

OP:BD V - OP:I VIII - OP:NL II
Fulda '11 - OP:I IX - OP:I X
OP:LS IV - Sov Fury '13 - OP:I XI
KnoxVegas

Postby Rhoades » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:54 am

Nothing was directed specifically towards you so don't take it personal its not the intention of this debate. My comments are just directed to make points that are clear and true.

The broken skins thing for you must have been lucky at those speeds. Or you never got close enough to have it happen. At battlefield it was nothing to be 15 or less feet from someone.

Again its not that anyone can't take it. Its the safety aspect behind open wounds that bothers me. In cali alot of them use gas guns. According dood that is mostly what they use. So if their limits are typically lower than 350 with .2 then somehow im not buying the fact that a smaller or cut spring or cheaper gas doesn't work.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby KnoxVegas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:32 am

ODA-865 ATL -

KnoxVegas

Postby Supply Chief » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:14 am

The thing with gas operated weapons is that after each shot your powersource is lessend. Not to mention temerpature plays a factor in the speed. So really gas speeds shouldn't be a factor. Which is why pistols gernerally are used for close range engagements. That being said, what about the gas shotguns? Specifically the Marushin M500 that shoots 8mm? I personally own and fully intend to use it when and if I go to this field. That being said will there be any kind of restriction on the size of bbs used? If people are stressing the injury factor of 6mm, can't wait to see what kind of comments 8mm bb damage will bring.
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby KnoxVegas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:30 am

ODA-865 ATL -

KnoxVegas

Postby RandyCapp » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:59 am

I just got into the sport, so I was looking for a reason to get a new gun... Battlefield Airsoft was it!!!

For anyone maybe looking at a new AEG for this field (or any other CQC fields), I just bought a G&G GR15 Raider (Blowback ed) shooting RIGHT at 350 w/ .2s for 199.99. So there are definitely good deals out there for something that might be needed for this field.

I know this definitely isn't my last purchase, but at least this will give me a chance to put some nice upgrades on it. I know how my AK shoots with .25s.... and TBH i would not want to be getting hit with it indoors, so that's why I bought a CQC gun.

You might lose some players with limits that may have to be put into affect, but don't you all still have the outdoor field in production?! I saw some pictures of that area and I was excited about it, so if you end up having to limit it.... those who show up to show up they can't play inside still have the outside?! Plus, offering both at the field would bring a lot more people in, you could maybe even incorporate a game where everyone starts inside but some sort of objective inside.

From what I get out of all these opinions, it looks like 400 FPS with .2s is fine and safe as long as the games are played SEMI.

Why not offer full auto games at a limit of 350 w/.2s?.. Regardless, I definitely do not believe that playing full auto indoors takes away the "skill" part of the game. I come from a background of competitive paintball, those fields would be considered CQC in airsoft's eyes FOR SURE.... those guns don't technically shoot full-auto, but ramp up to a consistent RPS of 15. This is slower than the average airsoft RPS, but I'll be honest... that sport took A LOT of skill and agility. Just because the automatic style of play is drastically different from semi doesn't mean it takes the skill out
RandyCapp

Postby trevorst » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:23 am

So before I drive down is it only to get turned away at the door is it 350fps with .2s and semi only or 350 with .2's and fully auto but semi only with 400 and .2s....

Lots of confusion here.

If 350fps with .2s auto has got everyone in a wad one of two things needs to happen 1) Your field is too small your playing in a closet, expand; or at the least you have your obstacles and objectives to close. 2)Stop tripping on your dress.

You cant expect someone to buy a $250 CQB gun like a KWA Mp9 or mp7 and then start hacking it up just to play what it was created to do.

The thoughts of firing my M11 semi auto is not a good one.

I have considered driving down from Tricities with a few in tow but want clarification before I make the trip.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Dood » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:44 am

Battlefield Airsoft Field Rules
Airsoft Field Official Rules
1. GOGGLES MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES ON THE FIELD. At no time during the game will a player be allowed to break the seal of the goggle from around their eyes.
Only goggles / eyewear that meet the following requirements will be allowed:
• The impact standard for goggles is ANSI z.87.1.
• The lens frame must be sturdy enough to keep the lens in place during play.
• Mesh goggles will be allowed as long as they are factory original
• Anyone under 16 years old will be required to wear full face protection.
2. ALL GUNS MUST BE MAGAZINE FREE IN DESIGNATED SAFE ZONE AND PARKING AREAS. All hand held or slung guns must be loading magazine free (“Mag Free”) in the staging and parking lot areas. Sidearms are not required to be mag free as long as they are holstered.
3. ALL GUNS MUST BE SAFELY TRANSPORTED. All guests must transport their guns in a safe manner. At all times except game play you must not point the airsoft gun towards any other person.
4. FPS LIMITS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. All guns must be chronographed prior to game time. Players may also be chosen at random for handheld chronograph spot-checks.
FPS Limits are:
AEGs: 400 FPS with .20g BBs.
Single-Shot or Bolt Action Sniper Rifles: 550 FPS with .20g BBs. With a 20 yard minimum engagement limit.
All guns will be chronographed prior to the beginning of the game. You will be given 2 attempts, consisting of no more than 3 shots each, in which to chronograph at the appropriate FPS. If your gun is unable to chronograph legal after 2 attempts, you will not be able to use that gun in the game.
All guns are subject to a chronograph test at any time deemed necessary by the event organizer or referees. Any modifications made to your gun after being chronographed found to increase your FPS will result in your immediate removal from the game. No refunds will be issued.
7 SHOOTING SAFETY. Players may only discharge their weapons at the target range or on the playing field. No shooting into or out of the staging area, parking lot, or reinsertion waiting areas. A “Bang” kill, or “parlay” can be used if within an extremely close range. You must have an open line of sight to perform a “bang” kill – a “bang” kill may not be performed through a barrier or through netting. Parlay consists of both players falling back at least 10 feet and restarting engagement. While head shots count, players are asked not to intentionally target another player’s head.
8. AVOID FIELD HAZARDS. Players should avoid all field hazards such as fences, ruts, and vines. Guests should report any hazard to the field operator. Players may not construct anything that will cause injury to other players. Players may not alter any natural or man-made features in the playing area.
9. NO UNAUTHORIZED EQUIPMENT. Players are not allowed to bring onto the playing field any equipment deemed unsafe by the Event Organizer. Players on the field are not allowed to carry explosive or other pyrotechnic devices, real firearms, or other non-Airsoft related items.
Smoke grenades and/or BB grenades must be individually approved by the Event Organizer before use in the game.
10. NO ALCOHOL OR ILLEGAL DRUGS ARE ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON SITE.
11. NO VERBAL ABUSE OR PHYSICAL CONTACT. No profanity, name calling, or slurs against anyone’s race, color, national origin, family members, teams or equipment will be tolerated. Guests wearing clothing with offensive wording on them may be asked to remove the garment. A player must not touch another player or their equipment at any time without their express permission.
12. REFEREES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Any decision a referee or event organizer makes is final and will not be discussed on the playing field. The referee will discuss any calls in a calm manner off-field after the game or scenario is over.
Players who are found by a referee to have violated any of the rules listed here will be asked by the Event Organizer to leave the game with no refund issued.
13. AGE REQUIREMENT. All players must be twelve years old or older to participate, unless a parent or guardian is also participating in the event. Players under eighteen years old are required to have a Parental Waiver signed and dated by their parent or legal guardian. NO EXCEPTIONS.
14. ELIMINATION. A player is eliminated from play if a BB strikes any part of his/her body, from the top of the head to the tips of the fingers to the bottoms of the feet, including any of equipment or gear worn. Gun hits do not count as elimination, although in certain games the gun may be eliminated.
When a player is eliminated he will call out loudly “I’M OUT” or “I’M HIT” if in close range, or in the middle of a fire fight. He will immediately place a RED BANDANA (his “dead rag”) on his head, and exit the playing area as quickly as possible. If the player is hit at range the player may elect to pull the dead rag and play dead on the ground SILENTLY (moans and groans are allowed, but no giving away shooters) (May Vary By Game) Eliminated players must exit to their team’s reinsertion area or the staging area. No players are allowed to shoot at eliminated players displaying a “Red Kill Rag”.
Eliminated players are considered dead and MUST NOT talk or communicate in any way with their teammates until they have returned to the reinsertion area. Any player with a barrel blocking device on their gun is considered to be eliminated. Eliminated players are not allowed to give any equipment or supplies to any other player, but may quietly leave equipment lying where they were eliminated. Game Specific!
Airsoft is a game of HONOR and Sportsmanship. ALL players strive to exemplify fair play and call their hits, regardless of circumstance. In situations where a player isn’t sure, they should give their opponent the benefit of the doubt and simply call themselves out. You will not have to wait long to get back into the game if you are eliminated, so please call your hits!
Cheating will not be tolerated in any form by any player. If you are caught cheating you will be ejected from the event, asked to leave and you will NOT get a refund. Period
15. CQB EVENTS: Due to the limited engagement distance, there will be a LIMIT OF 400FPS (With .20 bb) FOR ALL WEOPONS! No sniper rifles. Semi-auto fire only. Would prefer that everyone would use .25 bb to slow FPS numbers. Players under sixteen years of age will be required to wear full face mask to include ears. No climbing over barriers
Dood

Postby Dood » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:56 am

before anybody does get upset.....

All intent and purpose, this topic is to debate/reason out some details on rules..and I hope everybody comes to the table with that in mind.

for the shotgun thing...pretty clear from the rules...that it's a no.

I know I no real creditability among you players because I haven't had a chance to prove it...so i ask this...Go talk to the guys at para and get their perspective. I plan to go down there in a few mins to ask them myself.

The ONLY argument that is being presented for the "no change" in rules seems to be simple. will not buy a guy for one field. which is why limits are set at 400fps semi only wit .20bb's.

the point of debate is "should/shouldn't change the fps rules and why"

so may i suggest, before people get worked up ..that you play the field more then once before you harden up on your perspectives.
Dood

Postby RandyCapp » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:27 pm

quick question: you mention that you we could use .25s to lower our FPS... I am pretty sure that my gun is shooting right over 400fps with .20s... dunno for sure because I usually don't use them. Now, I know it is shooting 375 with .25s... I'm guessing this will NOT be allowed? I think you might want to add an FPS limit regarding .25s.... I dunno what FPS .25s shoot out that would be equivalent to .20s @ 400.
RandyCapp

Postby KnoxVegas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:34 pm

ODA-865 ATL -

KnoxVegas

PreviousNext

Return to Knoxville, TN