[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - BATTLEFIELD AIRSOFT NEEDS 40-50 PLAYERS !updated! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

BATTLEFIELD AIRSOFT NEEDS 40-50 PLAYERS !updated!

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: BATTLEFIELD AIRSOFT NEEDS 40-50 PLAYERS !updated!

Postby gliderpilot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback. i spoke with several people on Saturday who said the hallway was a problem and as soon as i said i would change it, i got told to leave it.....I decided i will change the hall. The complaint of to many walls limits movement can be addressed alot easier than to few. I can open up the foorplan but wouldn,t thta take away from the cqb aspect of it? i will open it up some and fix the hallway. We will run it like that on Saturday and see what eveeryone says.
joe

gliderpilot

Postby RandyCapp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:28 pm

i think im with what seems like the majority; 350 w/ .20s. I just got a CQC directed Raider that is shooting right there because from what I have picked up, 350 with .20s is the norm for CQC.... I have seen variations but 350 was definitely what I ran into the most.

Plus, if it was 350 w/ .20s then I will feel a lot better about buying an AEG specifically for CQC :)
RandyCapp

Postby KnoxVegas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:15 pm

I think the majority of players that were there last weekend were comfortable with the higher limits, though. I still want at least 400 with 0.2's so I can use my KWA gas MP7. I don't see how it's fair to the majority of players to cut limits below what most stock AEG's shoot. Even if you're shooting 350 with 0.2's and I'm shooting 370 with 0.2's you're not at any disadvantage like you might be outside. Especially if everyone is single fire only.
ODA-865 ATL -

OP:BD V - OP:I VIII - OP:NL II
Fulda '11 - OP:I IX - OP:I X
OP:LS IV - Sov Fury '13 - OP:I XI
KnoxVegas

Postby gliderpilot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:13 pm

we are still trying to come to a reasonable fps limit for cqb right now its a balancing act between a safe limit and playing a limit that will allow the most players to come out and play. it is my hope that everybody will eventually go aout and buy a didicated cqb gun and we can run 350 w .2 I dont think the higher fps we ran on saturday was a big problem. i did see a few welts on a couple of people but that wiil happen even outside. just remember this is your arena so i want to make it everything you guys want it to be. keep up the feedback and hope to see everybody back out on Saturday the 9th 12:00- 6:00
joe
gliderpilot

Postby Phantomsan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:08 pm

if the limit gets dropped to 350 with .20s I will NOT be playing at this arena... I am not going to downgrade or buy a new gun just for one field... Sig said it earlier restricting the FPS will severely limit your player pool... Major events all across the US use the higher limit (375 with .25s)... Not one person complained about the limits last Saturday (and if they did I didn't hear them)... Not even the under 16 players... and there were about 5 of those... (I assume under 16 cause they looked pretty young :P)
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby RandyCapp » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:04 am

i do not believe if you buy a gun shooting 350 with .2s that you will be wasting money.... or buying it specifically for this field, like I said... most of the scenarios/big games I see around here that offer a CQC setting go with that limit. I bought my Raider just so whenever I see an event with a limit of 350, I CAN GO!!

Regardless, I will bring my AK (shooting 375 w/.25) if it is allowed.... I still can't wait to get out that stubby little Raider lol.

Whatever you all decide one, count my buddy and I in; I can't WAIT!
RandyCapp

Postby Wayne » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 am

I was shooting like 380 - 375 with .2 and i know some other guns were around what i had, and no one complained and we had a great time, but when people start to ask for full auto, i will always be against full auto inside.
Echo1 M4
2 x SOCOM Gear M1911
Classic Army M15A4 U.A.C.

ODA-865 -
Wayne

Postby Rhoades » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:03 am

No one complained... Because no one wants to be that guy that couldn't take it and got the limit lowered. Look at real Cqb field limits for Cqb in California. Toronto. All are 350fps with .2. Actually Toronto is 300 with .2. I could care less either way. But if you looked at anyone's open wounds you'd probably change your mind.

I heard lots of modest complaints. Showing open wounds and then saying "oh that's part of the game"

why bother showing your wounds if your man enough to take it?

Just saying.

P.s. I wouldn't care about full auto at a comfortable Cqb level 330-350fps with .2

open wounds just lead to general safety issues. All it takes is one kid to come home ate up. His parents sue... Waiver does nothing in tn anyways. Then the place gets shutdown and there goes cqb for everyone.

Just my .02c
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Wayne » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:22 am

Well i had three open wounds so im not complaining about that at all. Im just saying, im not going to down grade or buy a new weapon just to play inside so i can shoot full auto or whatever. When we have more fields that are played outside and the fps for outside are way different whats the point to down grade or spend a few hundred on a new gun?

The thing is we just need to find a happy medium and that may be a while, just because California plays with 300-350 does not mean we have to inside. But whatever, guess it will be decided after time.
Echo1 M4
2 x SOCOM Gear M1911
Classic Army M15A4 U.A.C.

ODA-865 -
Wayne

Postby KnoxVegas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:42 am

ODA-865 ATL -

KnoxVegas

Postby swimpat16 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 am

I go both ways on this issue. I just wanted to point out that most GBB pistols shoot under 350 with .2s. If the limits are dropped, it doesn't mean you have to go buy another expensive gun, just buy a sidearm and an extra mag (which is something I feel most people should have anyway, but that's just me). I ran my Glock half the day last week and never went through more than 2 magazines worth of ammo. Just a thought.
swimpat16

Postby KnoxVegas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:02 pm

I understand what you're saying Patrick. I was just playing devils advocate. I could run my pistol there all the time, but I still want to use a rifle too.

That being said, some pistols cost almost as much and sometimes more than a JG or what have you. I think I mostly want the limits to just get set and that way we can move forward.
ODA-865 ATL -

KnoxVegas

Postby swimpat16 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Besides KWA PTPs and their SMGs, most pistols shoot ~330-350 with a .2 . And many of these, especially WEs and KJWs are under $130. Anyway, I was just presenting the point. I feel that 400 with a .2 would be a decent compromise between both arguments.
swimpat16

Postby wingzero » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:48 pm

i think single shot with the limits we're at are fine, just wear a full mask. i dont think full auto and launchers etc should be allowed, we had enough nasty hits from single shots bouncing all over as it is. if it goes to full auto i will def not be playing there, its too close and too many shots bouncing off stuff for full auto in there.
Parallel 38 - Bravo
Operation Irene X - Delta - 4-1
VFC mark 18 mod 1 custom
wingzero
AirsoftVet

Postby gliderpilot » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:11 pm

sounds like the fps limit is a very hot topic. I will put up a message board on the building this weekend with a poll sheet addressing this topic. One post pointed out that this field needs a player base and that is very true. I have also said that i wanted to make this field YOUR field. With both of those things said, we all need to get together and set the limit that will make the most people happy. maybe we will run some days at a lower fps to alow those not wanting the higher fps to play with the lower fps. I want everyone to like coming out and playing at Battlefield. For some that means being able to use a certain gun for others tht means playing without fear of unneccessary injury and both are valid points. Hope to see everybody back on Saturday.
Joe
gliderpilot

PreviousNext

Return to Knoxville, TN