[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Steadfast Echo: After Action Report Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Steadfast Echo: After Action Report

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: Steadfast Echo: After Action Report

Postby Dood » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:11 pm

heh heh,

yes i defected, yes i took off my band in spawn, but no, it wasn't no 10 feet run, i ran from spawn to the cattle fence then back to the town before i found any gov forces to take down (haha again, sorry spartans!)

I was asked to defect, at first said no because I was useless tired, but changed my mind.

Dood

Postby RandyCapp » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:59 am

i think for the bridges we could really make something light a sturdy and can be moved to somewhere like under the porch or by the house... that way there would be nothing permanent and a group of two or 3 can knock out placing and removing the bridges within minutes. my dad actually has this long aluminum plank he found.... it reminds me of a latter with no rungs, it's very light-weight and can easily hold 400+ pounds. I'm going out there today, ill take a picture so you all have an idea what im talking about but if he could get a hold of two more they would be perfect
RandyCapp

Postby SpecialK » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:42 am

Hey, it was my first time playing at DeadEnd this past weekend and even though I was on the rebel team and we got beat bad, I still had a great time. I really liked the field, even though it was a bit overwelming in size for the number of players we had. The only real problem i personally had with the game was the neutral city respawn point for both teams. I was never able to find any of the field respawns for the rebels and then got killed a few times by the government guys respawning behind us. That being said any time i get a free weekend i'll be heading back to play some more. Also my buddy and I would be interested in helping out with one of the build days, whats the best place to get that info?

Thanks for setting up a great place to play at!
-Kevin
SpecialK

Postby keesbb1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:26 am

We usually will post it here in the knoxville forums. I am glad you enjoy our field. Feel free to send me any suggestions or scenarios.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby j.roberts31 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 am

I would like to see a couple of bridge crossings. When I was involved in Battlefield airsoft before i got pushed out I cut down a few trees and built a bridge. Maybe one Sunday I can come up early with the chainsaw and cut some trees to use in building one.
j.roberts31

Postby Borscope » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:54 am

Kube's cuz Joe said all the improvised bridges have washed away, and I'm not sure we can do any felling of live trees. However, my offer still stands of meeting you at the Maryville home depot, if you can tote 16' planks & sundry materials and bring tools we can plan out a prototype and build it Sunday. I've got tools as well but I defer to your expertise...I wish i could do more but I traded in my big bubba truck so my gal could get her a new car and her dad is using my suv so I'm limited to the company hhr.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Rhoades » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 am

I personally would rather build a village first before building bridges just for the fact it would bring close quarters which is really the only thing our field lacks. Bridges could be done later or even mobile bridges like randycapp suggested would be better. Specially with tue ammount of flooding in the creek.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:16 am

Yeah but it takes a village to raise a village lol, lot more planning (this sunday) and more importantly $$$, whereas the prototype footbridge can be knocked out in an hour out of my pocket. Trust me, I very much look forward to "rock ridge" or whatever we call it.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:53 am

Bridges can't be that hard to put together, it doesn't need to be anything fancy, anything is better then wading through it.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Dood » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:01 am

rope bridge?...only prob with that is the distance off the ground/water
Dood

Postby RandyCapp » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:12 pm

we never really NEED bridges, I mean sometimes the water is a little high but I wear my Sperrys when I play so I'm fine with trotting through some water
RandyCapp

Postby Supply Chief » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:55 am

Going from a saftey stand point bridge crossing are necessary. Only to help in the expediting of people across the creek if for some reason something should happen. Not to mention, only a few crazy and I use this term jokingly people have made the crossing, ( ie, some crazy supply chief, who thought the water looked shallow only to find out nope, its about knee deep. Well since I'm already wet might as well keep going. ) having the bridges would definatley open that side up for more play. Not to mention the bridges can be worked into scenarios for the field. Team whoever must destroy bridge in order to prevent invading forces from reinforcing position or rescuing trapped team members, this is just a possible example.
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby Borscope » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:56 pm

For those Luddites who aren't my face book friends, a prototype 16' x 4' wooden foot bridge will be there tomorrow, not including Randycapp's assault bridges.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Previous

Return to Knoxville, TN