[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Dead End: GAME ON 4/10 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Dead End: GAME ON 4/10

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: Dead End: GAME ON 4/10

Postby Foster » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:02 pm

We could frame up some boxes out of pressure treated wood, and plank it with decking boards fairly cheaply. Plus we could just make the "box" long enough to lay over the creek making it movable/removable and fairly easy to move. Wouldn't be hard.

That's lay over the creek in the widest spot. So we could move it around.

Foster
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Main limitation being the need to cross a relatively wide creek. Most footbridges that cover the distance involved use mid-water supports. If we build one out of wood I'm thinking 2 x 16' supports minimum w/ planking & integral cross supports. Pretty hefty. That's why most of my designs involve rounding off & reinforcing the 16'ers to act as a sledge or temporary wheels to help move to position. Another idea was to hang some wire bridges, of course that led to talk of zip lines!
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Foster » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:46 pm

What's the widest spot? I was thinking about 10'. If so, we could make 3' wide bridges with 3 2x8 trusses and plank it on top. Box in both ends for support for the trusses, and run a few pieces of decking across the bottom for a little extra side to side ridgidity.
Foster
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Best guesstimate is a bit over 10' wide on average say 12' hence the 16' to allow enough on each end to keep the bridge from walking into the creek. It doesn't help that every time I go to survey/measure the creek my helper scarpers off or I forget my tape.

I see what you're saying though, and yeah if we put holes down the side for rope handles its man-portable.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:37 pm

PS Dont forget it's got to be tough enough to "lay" it. Do iwo jima flag raising style, flip it up then over to span the creek.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Phantomsan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:38 pm

This is going to be a fun experiment... also I may be bring 2 other with me this sunday :D:D yay for more people
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah come to dead end, we be no (fps) limit soljas lol
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Phantomsan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:09 pm

I know right... none of this 4 page long debate on what the FPS limit should be
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:12 pm

I think some people need to add a range finder to their tacti-cool bolt-on repertoire so they don't shoot hot guns inside their MED though.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby j.roberts31 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Don't know if I mentioned this before but I am a licensed commercial, residential and industrial contractor in the state of TN. If you tell me what u want I can draw it up and build it. I've got a generator too for the guy with electric tools.
j.roberts31

Postby j.roberts31 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:41 pm

IDEA. when I was in the boy scouts we use to make rope bridges all the time. All we would have to do is set some 4x4 post in quickcrete on both sides of the creek and drive some eye anchors in the ground. The rope bridge itself could be taken down and rolled up any time. what do you think?
j.roberts31

Postby Foster » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Foster
AirsoftVet

Postby j.roberts31 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:55 pm

yeah i agree. we could hook it up
j.roberts31

Postby Borscope » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Let's do this, Foster & Roberts work together to develop a design & run it past me (safety nazi) and Chuck/John (limitations & cost). If you want me to finance the materials its gott be Home Depot (card) but depending on how you want to do it I could meet in Knox (I live in Oak Ridge).
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Foster » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Yeah, we'll discuss it Sunday. I can be there early, say 11:30?
Foster
AirsoftVet

PreviousNext

Return to Knoxville, TN