[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Good Friday Match SCA (plus discussion of 2012) Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Good Friday Match SCA (plus discussion of 2012)

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: Good Friday Match SCA (plus discussion of 2012)

Postby wawa456 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:18 am

well, I remember when all that was there was about 50 people in total and we all had a blast as nobody ever got in a fight about something and mostly all hits were called. On top of that mostly all that were there were mature, understanding, and competent of how to make themselves and everyone else have a pretty fun day. But now that they're averaging around 200 people there are too many idiots running around thinking its funny to just mess up someones day...

wawa456

Postby secret city sniper » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Grey rider,

Let me address your concerns. First of all your buddy with the ranger shirt is the testosterone filled adult that I was referring to that did nothing but set a bad example for every kid there. He is a loud mouth and a problem. He was heard by another player saying that he would bring a pellet gun to the next match to solve the hit calling problem. I have a huge problem with that and you should to. Great example huh. He also displayed aggressive behavior and physically threatened another player that I had to break up. Another great example for the kids huh. And after I made repeated request about not shooting from the road, Guess who I caught standing on the edge of the road shooting in the last match, you guessed it your ranger buddy.

Before you talk about how horrible our field is and what a terrible job I did, take a look at the company you keep.

I threw two people out of the match for non rules compiance and your buddy was working on being the third.

As for the white team not starting at Echo, I didn't find that out til after the match. Nothing I could do about other than take away the win.

And lastly, your protest at bunker hill was uncalled for. I called about 15- 20 people out on your two bunker buster charges. Immediately after the last one, Trevor came running from about 25 feet away and jumped into the bunker with a few seconds left. It was you and him in the bunker and you were out. What is to argue about that.

If you would like to discuss this further in a non public forum you are welcome to call me at 386-7297

That is all
secret city sniper

Postby BigRed1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:49 pm

I wasn't there Saturday and can't speak to anything from that day directly. Yes, I've had frustrations of non-hit calling in games at Secret City...something that's too common at any field, and it certainly was an issue when I used to run games at Sweetwater.

For what it's worth, I've enjoyed my time at S.City, and it's afforded the chance to play with bigger groups than I've ever encountered elsewhere. It's a good field, and I hope the situations can be addressed so that the field can continue to host great game days as long as the field operates.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby GREYRIDER » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:15 pm

My protest at Bunker Hill was uncalled for? And why was I out , could it have been the dozen riflemen opening up on me that should have been eliminated by the Buster.? As far as the Ranger goes I had no knowledge of what you are stating. He was down by the road and so was I for a few min but I believe he was at least 10 -15 ' in as were those that he and others with were shooting at. I may give you a call sometime this week when time permits. I am still not buying the Bunker Hill deal.

What is the best time to reach you? GREYRIDER
" Never stand and take a charge ... charge them too." General Nathan Bedford Forrest CSA
GREYRIDER

Postby Borscope » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Kent, despite everything I love SCA

Major, you're an awesome dude and I'm glad to have met you.

You're both welcome down at Dead End as long as you play nice. No eye-gouging or butt-stroking.

Now you both have each others phone numbers/screen names to pm, let's have some peace here on the forums, we're trying to have fake war for crying out loud!
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby secret city sniper » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:28 am

Greyrider,

i am going to be the bigger man here and retract the statement that I said that your protest was uncalled for. I welcome everyone's opinion if they can present it in a civilized manner. I can see your point of view on how you could have be confused by my decision on the bunker buster issue. There were only two people left standing in the bunker when time ended. you and trevor. As I explained before, I called at least 15 people out on the first bunker buster. Then 2-3 more players jumped into the bunker after the first one to reclaim it. On the second one, I called both of them out. Then Trevor, caming runnging in from at least 20 feet away and jumped in the bunker at the last second as did you. I simply asked you if you had been shot, you replied yes and Trevor had not. In my split second decision that is how I read it. Two people in the bunker one hit and the other one not. As to who hit you I don't know and didn't see it. If it was one of the players that I called out, then that needed to be addressed right then. Not, 2 days later in the forum.

i realize that we had some issues in the MArch game, and eveyone except for you and your team seems to think that we stepped up and made the April game a better experience

I also want to clear up the issue in the VIP game. Chad came to me to complain about a no hit call on the kid Blake with the Vietnam helmet and M60. I addressed it immediatly and removed him (Blake)from the game. I don't see how anyone can not say that is not swift justice or favorism. The second time Chad got hot and came over and threatened another player over the same issue. What Chad, and the rest of you nay sayers didnt see was that Chad did indeed hit 2 of the 3 players that were between building 5 and 6, of which I called both of them out. The guy he came over and threatened had not been hit, I saw the whole thing go down from less than 10 feet away. This was a mistake on Chads part of who he thought he hit and who he actually hit. So there are 3 hits from the same person that I personally addressed in a timely manner as they happened. how can you accuse me of playing favorites and not being fair.

If you would like to discuss this in a civilized manner, I would be glad to talk to you about it anytime today or tomorrow.

The biggest problem I have with this whole thing is in the manner that you have attacked my Integrity and honesty on a personal level. You don't even know me. How can you make such bold statements based on a referee call on an airsoft field. Other than my son and two other kids on the field, I do not even know anyone there on the field on a personal level, so none of these people are folks I would call friends and I do not play favorites. Your judgements on me personally are unfounded and uncalled for. Anyone that know me will tell you the same.

Furthermore I consider anyone (Chad) thats act in an agrressive manner and makes threats to other players a liability on my field. I will not tolerate it.
secret city sniper

Postby BigRed1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:45 am

Friends,
As this thread has degenerated into name calling and flaming, I'm shutting it down (and removing a couple of inflamatory posts).

I can't compel anyone's action outside the forum, of course, but I'd simply urge everyone to communicate (and listen) to one another and work respectfully toward the betterment of the field. After all, we're all in this together toward the same goal -- playing a kids' game of shooting bb's at each other. Calm down, take a deep breath, and try to work out the problems so this field (and our sport) can grow.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Previous

Return to Knoxville, TN