[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Good Friday Match SCA (plus discussion of 2012) Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Good Friday Match SCA (plus discussion of 2012)

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Good Friday Match SCA (plus discussion of 2012)

Postby not_a_member » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Unlike most matches, this month's is on a Friday, due to the fact that most, if not all, schools and some businesses take off this day. Like last month's match, the Honey Badgers will be making a return. :twisted:

There will NOT be a match in May; games will continue in June.

Facebook link (provides mission list):

Now to the discussion: a company named O.R. Greenway is going to build on the land in the beginning of 2012. This means no more SCA... Anyone else know of a good field we can call our new home? :?:

not_a_member

Re: Good Friday Match SCA (plus discussion of 2012)

Postby keesbb1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Your welcome to play out at Dead End. One thing about us we are home to The Pork Chop Squad, Parallel 38, and F.R.A.G. Just to let people know we will be hosting tourney play and currently play on Sundays, but will start offering Saturday play as well. So come get some at The Dead End!!!
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby Fridge Gnome » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:53 pm

I don't think thats a company.. They are just adding on to the greenway, they knew this would happen from the start.

All other other fields are great, I haven't been to battlefield yet, but I hear it is good.
Fridge Gnome

Postby BigRed1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Very, very sorry to hear we'll be losing S. City. Gotta make sure I make it out as much as possible in the time left....but can't make it next Friday
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby not_a_member » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:10 pm

not_a_member

Postby GREYRIDER » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Well I guess Friday is a wash. There are many of us who have taken a day off and have scheduled around this Friday game. There are many that will not be able to attend now. Black Talon had about 20 people scheduled to come ... now not so much.
" Never stand and take a charge ... charge them too." General Nathan Bedford Forrest CSA
GREYRIDER

Postby Wayne » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Try and check out battlefield airsoft, 10 times better anyway.
Echo1 M4
2 x SOCOM Gear M1911
Classic Army M15A4 U.A.C.

ODA-865 -
Wayne

Postby GREYRIDER » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Our first experience at SCA was the most fun I have ever had for $10 , UNFORTUNATELY over the last two events , not so much. Black Talon R.A.T. will no longer play or support SCA for the following reasons:

1) The lack of organization
2) The lack of respect for "all" players by management.
3) The lack of control / enforcement of the "rules".
4) The blatant complicity of said management to condone and in my opinion assist in the out violation of their own rules by not adhering to them or blindly looking away when a major violation occurs. It was absolutely ridiculous and absurd what I and many others witnessed today. It is my opinion that their is no Honor or integrity in the operation of this event.
" Never stand and take a charge ... charge them too." General Nathan Bedford Forrest CSA
GREYRIDER

Postby swimpat16 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:24 pm

swimpat16

Postby USMCRecon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:37 am

USMCRecon
AirsoftVet

Postby Rhoades » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Must be those kids dads lol
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Phantomsan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:03 pm

As far as I know none of Pork Chop went
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby GREYRIDER » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:15 pm

The elaboration;
Hit calling is the universal ever present problem that everyone complains about. We all know that it is just part of it and while frustrating , in small doses it is tolerable. Yesterday , however it was of epic proportion and not just the 100' away thing but 10 - 40' and witnessed by numerous people simultaneously , including the referee(s). In the pre-op briefing there is the statement of how the rules are going to be vigorously enforced and all that , but we see nothing done about it.

The 2nd and 3rd missions brought rules violations of starting points and times. I was told by both referees as well as white team members that elements of that team advanced and deployed in both missions prior to the official start of the mission. It was known and nothing was done about it . There were also 2 real world calls that were faked and nothing was done about that. Then there was Bunker Hill , We received no signal what so ever as to the start of the game and was told by the ref halfway through that it did not matter because we were having fun right . Two bunker buster were used by us @ 1 min and at .20 seconds but there were still at least 20 white team members within the 20' DEATH ZONE within seconds of the last blast. The victory was given to them by Kent Bailey , I believe partly because I challenged him on the members of white team still being in the bunker and shooting at the end.
They have a right to run their field the way they wish but in my opinion it is being operated without honesty or integrity. If I have left anything out guys feel free to correct me.

And BTW "SECRET CITY " facebook I was not picking on any 12 yr olds I was picking on you.
GREYRIDER

Postby swimpat16 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:58 pm

swimpat16

Postby GREYRIDER » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:42 am

I appreciate your reply. I still believe that in total it was the worst ever and as a unit we will not return. As far as 18 and over goes , that might work but the avg age of our members at present is 15. Myself and other middle aged testosterone filled guys play with them because they are kids or their friends and we supervise as well as train them. Imo the early start in mission2 should have been addressed at the time it happened. But I really don't think it would have been if it had been know at exactly that moment. It matters not now we are not returning.
GREYRIDER

Next

Return to Knoxville, TN