Dead End: Gauntlet Challenge! June 5

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Re: Dead End: Gauntlet Challenge! June 5

Postby gliderpilot » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:40 pm

This sounds like a good time

gliderpilot

Postby SpecialK » Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

sounds fun, im going to round up my co-workers and hopefully get a team of 5, i'll make another post later after i find out who can make it.
SpecialK

Postby Borscope » Mon May 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Had some good talks yesterday:

You don't have to have 5+ to enter (max 5 per category) but the more the merrier.
You don't have to compete in every event, each category will be scored so you may not win the whole thing due to no pistols for example, but perhaps you take the sniper category, that's some bragging rights!
Don't have a team, or kinda short? Start networking, come and play and meet some people and mob up with other folks looking to get a piece of the action.

"The most important thing is not to win but taking part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph, but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered, but to have fought well." ~Modern Olympic creed
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby RandyCapp » Mon May 09, 2011 5:57 pm

okay so if we just want to come out for the matches and not competition what time should we show up?
RandyCapp

Postby Borscope » Wed May 18, 2011 12:44 am

Hey all, sorry I've been behind on updates, long story short here's the latest gouge on the Challenge.

TEAMS!
I've had lots of people say their teams/groups/flocks/whatever would be competing but I need a hard count.
IIRC Pork Chop will have one team in, P-38 may have 2 teams worth, and I've been teased in person by Black Talon, ODA, KSK, and some others...but that IIRC stands for "if I recall correctly" so I'll post a new topic where details of your team's participation can be put so I can figure out how many targets we need, rough out total time, etc.

DON'T HAVE A TEAM, OR DON'T WANT TO COMPETE?
Just show up and enjoy the show! Eat some hotdogs and play in the after-challenge games!
Hell, show up early enough and I'll train you on how to help run the Challenge!

EXCUSE OUR MESS!
Please Note: Everything is subject to tweaks and changes in order to better serve the players. This is our first "Challenge"-style airsoft event at this field and there's a lot of work going into it, so please be understanding. We are still working on building targets, testing/playtesting etc., and much like Operation Steadfast there's going to be some blips even after tuning and tweaking.

FOOD!
Special Note: Kevin and wifey will be flogging their AWESOME :!: dogs as is now usual!
Folks, I know his secret, and let me just say you'll get more bang for your buck out of Kevin's dogs than you'll get anywhere else. I went to Dead End last Sunday specifically to get some of them. They are the best MOTHER######G hot dogs I've ever eaten, and I'm a burger guy.

Anyways! :roll:

CHALLENGE!

-Shots must be indisputably visible after impact (i.e break paper/punch it in)

-A practice range will be set up for early birds to sight-in.

-All courses are under time limitations as listed, with the next team in the bullpen expected to be ready within 30 seconds to cycle (i.e. next team in queue will have the shoot time of the team ahead plus minimum 30 seconds to rotate in.)

-Max of 5 team members at a time per course, rotations allowed between courses. Teams of less than 5 will have their scores calculated to equal a 5 man team.

-A "Pistol" for the purposes of this challenge will be any weapon designed to be realistically capable of being fired one-handed, and be capable of semi-automatic fire. Example: P-90 isn't a pistol, while a Skorpion (semi-auto) is. If you're not sure ask.

-A "Rifle" for the purposes of this course will be any weapon shooting no more than 400fps w/ .25g BBs and capable of semi-automatic fire (but must be selectable to full auto/3 round burst) that you choose to use. Single-shot shotguns are allowed, tri-shot is acceptable so long as the total rounds fired by the team don't exceed the number listed per team-member. If you're not sure ask.

-A "Sniper Rifle" for the purposes of this course will be any weapon that fires bolt-action or is capable of semi-automatic fire that you choose to use. If you're not sure ask.

-Exceptions may be made for weapons to compete in alternate courses, but may only compete under one weapon title (i.e. a full auto DMR may compete in the “sniper” course on semi, but not in the “rifle” KD course, at the users discretion). If you're not sure ask.

-Shooters may assume any firing position/stance/grip for any of the courses.

-Fairness: I want to make this perfectly clear; This overall course isn't necessarily about fair (as far as equipment/training/etc. goes), i.e. a team of Navy SEALS with Systema/KWA etc. all modded out vs. a crew of lovable misfits with walmart guns isn't going to be fair.

There's no way short of providing weapons and training that it could come close to "fair".

However, if you go out in the field to play because you love to play the game honorably, and be around awesome people who share that, THAT is what we're here for. Have fun, see how awesome YOU can be, and go ask those Uber-l33t guys who just owned you what they did to do it.

Known Distance ("KD") Courses:
Pistol @ 25' & Rifle @ 100' semi-auto fire on a 8”' diameter 5 point bullseye target (smaller Able target) (target & size subject to change, likely to be bigger)
5 shots from each team member within a total of 3 minutes.
Scoring: Bull-5, 4 ring, 3 ring, 2 ring, Paper-1

Mad Minute Courses:
Pistol @25' & Rifle @ 100' semi-auto/auto fire from cover on moving center of mass targets (b-mod target) while receiving suppressive fire from “OpFor shooters”.
Unlimited shots from each member within 1 minute.
Scoring:
Pistol MM: Hit on target = 1pt,
Rifle MM: Hit on target = 0.25pt

Any hits from OpFor shooters are disregarded as it's strictly to add a stress element.

OpFor shooters may be shot at for no score, but in an attempt to suppress.

OpFor shooters will fire semi-auto only unless team members use full auto/special weapons.

SPECIAL EXCEPTION FOR THE RIFLE "MAD MINUTE": If you choose to or need to draw a pistol of any kind (full auto even), a shotgun (single or tri-shot), sniper rifle, slingshot, whatever...anything that shoots plastic BBs is allowed in the RIFLE mad minute course. Tornado grenades, M203 grenade launchers, bazookas, mini-guns, as long as it's something safe to shoot at people in a regular game (and be prepared to be test-shot!) and the BB’s strike the target, it's cool.

Sniper Known Distance Course:
Shooters will fire 10 shots within 3 minutes on any of four <1' diameter targets, one each located at 150', 200', 250', and 300'.
Targets will be labeled for range, and each will have a wind indicator.
Shots must be called (calling a shot on the 250' that hits another target receives no points).
Individual shooters compete, with the highest team sniper score counting for the team.
Scoring: Each shot on target received 7pts @ 150', 10pts @ 200', 12.5pts @ 250', 15pts @ 300'.

:twisted: Gauntlet Course! :twisted:
Rock Ridge Search & Destroy! Clear the town of tangos while leaving non-combatants unharmed...as fast as you can.

Time Estimates:
?-1:30pm pre-Challenge prep, sighting in, BSing & smack-talking
2pm-4pm Pistol & Rifle KD, Mad Minute, and sniper courses completed in the Field 1 area.
4pm-4:30pm mob down to Rock Ridge (since apparently Mil-Sim applies to everything but marching/organized movements) :wink:
4:30pm-5:30pm GAUNTLET RUNS! Awards Ceremony!
5:30-? "Osama's Downfall" style games at Rock Ridge, hang out, shoot the breeze...
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Previous

Return to Knoxville, TN