[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Dead End: Gauntlet Challenge! June 5 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Dead End: Gauntlet Challenge! June 5

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Dead End: Gauntlet Challenge! June 5

Postby Borscope » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:46 am

Mark your calendars ladies and gents:

Come commemorate the grand opening of Rock Ridge, our once-peaceful town.

Date: Sunday June 5, 2011
Time (competitions begin): 2pm until you chicken out
Dead End Airsoft/Tennessee Airsoft League presents:
The Gauntlet Challenge!

You can say your team has been PART of the winning side, but here's your chance for your team to BE the winning side and have a challenge trophy to prove it!

n00bs to l33t welcome to participate! No team? Get some friends together and come on down!
Also, regular matches...and FOOD!

It is recommended you participate in the Gauntlet as a team...unless you are just that good :roll:
There are three basic range-style weapons categories:
Pistol (semi-auto one-hand) @ 25'
Rifle (includes SMG/shotgun/MG) @ 100'
Sniper (includes long arms on semi) 150'-300'

There will be "boring" point shooting, but like granny says, "it ain't fun if it ain't full auto" so we will have "Mad Minute" competitions as well so you can let that hog rip :twisted:

Last, but not least will be the eponymous Gauntlet. Check your corners and don't grease the civvys when your team works to cleanse Rock Ridge of tangos.

It's all timed, it's all scored, and no way to cheat. Worry about hit calling later :wink:

There will also be non-scored "fashion show" titles awarded for such things as "coolest loadout" and "craziest getup"

Don't want to participate in the Gauntlet? Come and watch, then play in "regular" matches afterward.
Come get some at Dead End!

Directions here: http://deadendairsoft.yolasite.com/directions.php
Waivers here: http://deadendairsoft.yolasite.com/waivers.php
More details to follow! Cost for this event is TBD

Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Re: Dead End: Gauntlet Challenge! June 5

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:52 am

I must be missing something, but I still don't get what your doing...
Fridge Gnome

Postby keesbb1 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:14 am

Its a teaqm timed event for prizes. Such as emptying out all the buildings without killing hostages. Skilled shooting targets, etc. As a team this will show training and skills. Then afterwards we will play a game.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby Fridge Gnome » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:42 am

Oh ok, sounds fun. I better get my helmet ready for that fashion show :D
Fridge Gnome

Postby Dood » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:18 am

ohh i got woody thinking about this!
Dood

Postby Borscope » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:34 am

If you're an adrenaline junky the mad minute and Gauntlet will get you going! I don't want to give everything away but be prepared to have a lot of fun 8)
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Rainbow6 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:42 pm

coolest loadout and craziest getup? I'm glad I ordered my new pouches, it's time to pull out the old gnome hat...
YM/CPL
Lt. Alexander Bonnyman's Unit

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
http://www.parallel38airsoftteam.com/
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby Rhoades » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:30 pm

team... guess i'll just show up and hope someone picks me up lol.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:12 am

@Ryan: So you don't consider yourself Pork Chop Squad? lol

Had some questions about team sizes.

Team Sizes:
Ideal size for teams is 5 active players with at least 2 alternates.
For the Gauntlet event, team sizes can be 1 to whatever, but there will be a max of 5 for each event (though you can switch people out based on skill-sets/weapons/etc.)
Scores will be adjusted for smaller teams.

Midgets do not count as half. Each trigger puller is 1 player.

The teams that enter don't have to be permanent blood-pacted teams, just get together with some friends and come up with a team name.

If your team is participating, post it here or PM me a roster so we can get an idea on how many targets to make etc.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Rhoades » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:42 am

Porkchop has like several sets of 5 people I was refering to the fact that no one on porkchop has talked about who would be the core 5 for the league or even for this event. Which is why I said team? Guess ill show up and hope someone picks me up. Cause I don't know that id even be one of the 5 for the league no team discussion of such yet. We will already be down two of the main chops with you and chuck judging.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:29 am

A large team like PCS could split into A and B teams.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Fridge Gnome » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:19 am

Fridge Gnome

Postby Rhoades » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:43 am

Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:32 pm

@Rhodes: You shouldn't doubt yourself Ryan. You have a lot of potential in and out of airsoft, I saw it at Steadfast. Put on your big girl pants and step up, take the initiative, and make it happen!

@Fridge: Gnomes are people too!
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Rhoades » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Its not about whether I can or not. Its lack of desire in such things.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Next

Return to Knoxville, TN