[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Sevier County players Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Sevier County players

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Sevier County players

Postby Spook » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:41 am

OK, the utterly useless thread about a non-existent field in Sevierville has been locked under Local Events. There was however enough interest with other people to make me think that something could be arranged, especially since Smoky Mtn PB is now trying to get hold of SCA's leadership.

For those of you who have no clue where Smoky Mtn PB is, it's on Chapman Highway (Rt 441) on the right hand side coming out of Sevierville. Seymour area players it would be on the left, coming from Seymour. There's a big white delivery truck lettered "Troop Transport" sitting near the main office. If Sevier county players could all agree on a date, perhaps we could all meet there and discuss regular games? Let's see what kind of response we get, shall we?

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Spook

Re: Sevier County players

Postby keesbb1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Alot of us from Dead End are actually from this area and would be willing to help with anything or even talking with them with you all. The more fields we have the better it will be.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby -EAF- » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:24 pm

The owner of Smokey Mountain PB has been asking me more and more about airsoft. The only thing he requires is that we bring Bio BB's and our own gear and we can play there. We just have to set something up. I can give ya his number or you can look on their website.

The owner and I go to the same church so we talk about this stuff. :P
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Spook » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm

All airsoft BBs are to some extent Bio. They will eventually disintegrate, especially the higher end BBs. Junk BBs, not so much.

Are you familiar with the field? How is it? Buildable? Room for improvement? All these things are of course to be sought in a field. Not every patch of land is good for airsoft. Waivers need to be drawn up, and since it's primarily a PB field, it's necessary that PB and airsoft players never meet in game mode. A BB to the face is one thing; a PB to the unprotected face is quite another. Airsofters prefer goggles to full face masks (especially in this heat) and any field requiring full face masks for airsoft players over 18 won't last long. It's not as easy as it seems to start up a field, especially if it's been a PB field before and the owner is a new guy to the game.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Spook

Postby Fridge Gnome » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Not to advertise or anything, but Bioshot makes really nice biodegradable BBs(good enough to be my current bb of choice for my sniper rifle), I have started using them even though fields don't require it. So using bio bbs is no issue for me.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Black Knights » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:19 am

United states Air force
Echo 1: MTC2
Black Knights

Postby Spook » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:10 am

Quite honestly, I don't know. So long as airsofters are kept away from areas where stray paintballs might strike them, or else given their own day(s) on which to use the field, I don't see it happening, but if not, then the possibility DOES exist and we have to take it into consideration.
Spook

Postby Rhoades » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:11 pm

hates the bio idea, specially in modified guns... not sure i like the idea of playing on a paintball field... not really wanting to get paint splatter on objects all over my gear...

i guess i'd just have to check it out. i def don't want to be playing airsoft on a feild next to guys playing paintball were like was mentioned before a stray could come our way.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Sigmarius » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:38 pm

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby apostle87 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:29 pm

"It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect."
2nd samuel 22:33
Co-Owner of Tennessee Airsoft Shop
Team Yakuza
CA Mk46
Kwa SR-12
Tm SR-16
Tm 4.3 Hicappa
apostle87

Postby BigRed1 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:13 am

Not to be a downer, but as far as I can tell, Smoky Mountain Paintball is the BigFoot of airsoft --- reported sightings every now and then, and could be very exciting if it existed.....but no proof and nothing tangible ever comes of it.

SMP has been "rumored" for a couple of years. So far....diddly.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby -EAF- » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Talked to the owner today about airsoft at his field and this is what he said.

The 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month is being held for airsoft players from 9am to 12pm. He said that if a lot of people started showing up as time went on then he would work it to allow for more time such as having the whole day. We just have to call and set something up.

The question about paintball players playing while airsoft? No That time is for airsoft only.

Bio BB's are required because of wildlife and we bring our own gear.

I asked him about paint being all over the place and he said most of it was dried but if some was still wet then it comes out with water, that none of his paintballs are oil based.

Thats what he told me tonight. If you guys want to try to set something up I will try my hardest to help ya out. I've just been busy with work.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Return to Knoxville, TN