[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Dead End OP: SOL INVICTUS Jan 8, 2012 Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Dead End OP: SOL INVICTUS Jan 8, 2012

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Dead End OP: SOL INVICTUS Jan 8, 2012

Postby Borscope » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Operation: Sol Invictus & Swap Meet
January 8, 2012
10am-5pm
Briefings begin at 1pm, Op start by 2pm. Free gaming afterwards
$5 cover

December 17, 2011
North Korean dictator Kim Il-jong dies. Twenty-seven year old Kim Jong-Un aka “The Brilliant Comrade” is heir-apparent, but his uncle Chang Sung-Taek is maneuvering to take over due to the assumed “softness” of a western-educated Kim Jong-Un. Generals and committee members who seek to continue the dynasty, or simply wish to use Jong-Un as a puppet, push him to make a “bold stroke” to cement his power.

December 18, 2011
Last US troops leave Iraq, and remain in standby in surrounding allied countries in expectation of an explosion of sectarian violence inside Iraq, or possibly even an invasion by a vengeful Iran.

December 23, 2011
Israel launches pre-emptive airstrikes on Iran’s nuclear facilities through Iraqi airspace. Iran is incensed that Iraq allowed the strikes. War seems imminent.

December 25, 2011
American forces in the middle-east and Afghanistan come under intense sustained mortar, rocket, infiltrator, and suicide attacks. Meanwhile in Iraq, civil war between Shiite, Sunni, and Kurd factions ignite. Iranian-backed insurgents disrupt Iraqi military and police.

December 26, 2011
Iran declares war on Iraq, and launches an all-out assault across the border. American forces in the area are authorized to conduct air-strikes in support of Iraqi military forces. Iran responds by attacking US vessels with Chinese-made Silkworm cruise missiles and suicide torpedo boats. The aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson is sunk with all hands.

December 27, 2011
Jordan, Syria, and Egypt under the newly installed Muslim Brotherhood reignite decades of hatred and launch attacks against Israel. The Muslim nations are poorly-coordinated and suffering from internal conflicts, but still massively outnumber the IDF.

Chemical and “dirty-bomb” warheads intermingled with high explosive warheads launched via No-Dong missiles strike Israeel, US troop concentrations in allied middle-east countries, and at population centers of same in retaliation for their support of “infidels”.

All over the world, all American forces are placed on alert and leaves cancelled. Troops heading home and in the US are scrambled back to the middle-east.

December 31, 2011
North Korean commandos strike all across the US west coast and south in surgical raids designed to cause maximum chaos and limit the response to their actions. Due to their sudden appearance it is postulated that they received logistical aid from Cuba, China, and criminal elements in Mexico. This is the "Bold Stroke" of "The Brilliant Comrade", originally intended as a smack in the face to the US, it strikes at a time where America is weakest.

January 3, 2012
The North Korean commandos, having completed their initial tasks related to critical targets and low on supplies, turn to a guerrilla campaign in rural areas and small towns. Larger cities are sending aid in the form of reactivated veterans, SWAT teams, and militia and are slowly grinding away at the commandos.

January 6, 2012
The Town of Murville is devastated by a massive raid. A Civil Air Patrol Cessna piloted by Capt. Pumphrey does a fly-by to find out the source of massive columns of black smoke, and observes a large number of armed individuals heading north-east away from Murville, leaving behind a smoking ruin of a town littered with the corpses of hundreds of dead civilians. Captain Pumphrey alerts what local authorities remain.

January 7, 2012
The Blunt county sheriffs office, utilizing HAM radios, C.B.s and word of mouth, issues a call for all able-bodied men 17-44 to muster under arms in the ruins of Murville to be deputized via posse committatus in order stop the raiders from reaching their next target...Rock Ridge.

Due to normal communications being disrupted, and the mountainous terrain blocking radio communication, Captain Pumphrey takes off in an attempt to overfly Rock Ridge and radio them a warning. En route, the North Koreans manage to damage the Cessna, forcing him to crash land somewhere in the mountains.

January 8, 2012
The Blunt county sherriff’s department, with it’s reinforcements of a deputized ad-hoc militia, move out to the distant sounds of gunfire with the hope that Rock Ridge got Captain Pumphrey’s warning and can act as the anvil to the posse’s hammer and crush the North Koreans. Captain Pumphrey and his aircraft are MIA, but a disheartening column of smoke in the mountains bode ill.

GAME NOTES
-----------------------------
Game time: 2 hours

Medic rules:
no medics
1 bandage (instant field respawn) then must return to a spawn point
(This means: Get hit, pull red rag. Get bandaged by team-mate, play more. Hit again, pull red rag go to spawn.)
buddy bandage only no self-bandaging

Spawns: Spawns marked with *** require at least 2 people to respawn (no individual respawns at those locations) This represents organized reinforcements entering battle.

***Posse- “Posse Convoy” (immobile) unlimited spawns

Rock Ridge Defense Force- “Back of City” spawn (immobile) unlimited spawns

(Once Posse forces reach Rock Ridge all US forces may use either spawn)

North Koreans: Have 2 respawn sites the entire game

***“Brilliant Comrade Shrine” (immobile) unlimited respawns

“Fearless Leader” (mobile) unlimited respawns

OBJECTIVES

“supplies”, “Fearless Leader” and “Capt. Pumphrey” are treated as standard objective markers and must be dropped in place when the carrier is hit (if being carried). Objective carriers may shoot etc. but MUST maintain at least ONE HAND ON OBJECTIVE in order to move it.

Living objectives:
“Fearless Leader”: If hit, may be bandaged once as normal. No respawns off “Fearless Leader” while he’s wounded (red ragged). Fearless Leader may be dragged back to "Brilliant Comrade Shrine" respawn and enter play as "Fearless Leader" (mobile respawn) again.

If “Fearless Leader” is captured by Americans and taken into the “Posse Convy” spawn point, he is no longer “Fearless Leader” and is not a mobile respawn any longer. The player may then return to the “Brilliant Comrade Shrine” spawn and respawn as a normal player.

Captain Pumphrey: Begins the game wounded (red ragged). May be bandaged once (may not bandage self). Once deposited at either "Brilliant Comrade Shrine" spawn or "Posse Convoy" spawn, player moves to closest friendly spawn and enters game as normal player.

US OBJECTIVES
Maintain control of Rock Ridge
Rescue Capt. Pumphrey (bring to “Posse Convoy”)
Capture “Fearless Leader” (bring to “Posse Convoy”)

NORTH KOREAN COMMANDO OBJECTIVES
Take control of Rock Ridge
Capture Capt. Pumphrey (take to “Brilliant Comrade Shrine”)
Defend “Fearless Leader” from capture
Capture supplies (take to "Brilliant Comrade Shrine")

“Supplies” will be clearly marked as such, and both Fearless Leader and Capt. Pumphrey will likewise be marked.

Edit: Corrected date

Last edited by Borscope on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Re: Dead End OP: SOL INVICTUS Jan 8, 2012

Postby Rhoades » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:54 pm

DON'T FORGET WE ARE ALSO DOING A SWAP MEET THAT DAY, SO BRING ITEMS YOU WISH TO SELL OR TRADE, AND BRING CASH IN CASE THERE IS SOMETHING YOU WANT TO PURCHASE, SWAP MEET STARTS AT 10AM.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:47 am

FEAR FOR YOUR LIVES CAPITALIST RUNNING-DOGS! Brilliant Comrade is coming! Best Korea shall prevail at OP: SOL INVICTUS!
ALSO! Bring your trinkets and gew-gaws to barter and sell at swap meet. You shall see how capitalist buying and selling is far inferior to Dear Leader taking everything and giving you shoe leather to eat! Oh, you silly Americans!
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Got a preliminary list for the swap meet here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24529

What chu got?
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Fridge Gnome » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:58 am

I'm confused, is it the 8th or the 6th? Are we playing for two hours or seven?
Fridge Gnome

Postby keesbb1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:18 am

Playdate is the 8th, this one op is a 2 hr op but there will be more games on this day. Day will start at 1 and go til 5.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby USMCRecon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Wish I could make this one fellows.....Still in recovery mode.
USMCRecon
AirsoftVet

Postby keesbb1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Just get healthy man.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby DemonOmenIII » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:00 am

Need to get out... need to PLAY!
6 bullets. More then enough to kill anything that moves.

<=====================>
**Loadout**
Echo1 Hk-416
WE Hi-capa Custom

**Sidelines**
G&G Hk-UMP
Tankaka M500 Handcannon
Maruzen CA870
WE Baby Hi-Capa
DemonOmenIII

Postby Fridge Gnome » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Fridge Gnome

Postby Rhoades » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:48 pm

10 for swap meet you need to be there by 12 to play
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Borscope » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 am

OPERATION: SOL INVICTUS
After Action Report

Status of Capt. Pumphrey, USAFA: Stable condition at Blount Memorial after successful evac by US relief forces. Minor US victory

Status of the town of Rock Ridge: Heavily damaged by NorK commandos, and 50% of supplies captured. US defenders were able to retake the town with heavy casualties.
Minor NorK victory

Status of NorK insurgency: Despite heavy losses, their command structure remains intact. With their looted supplies they remain combat effective.

The heavy casualties sustained by local LEO and militia forces necessitate assistance from outside sources if required to fight another pitched battle. However, weather forecasts predict an increase in cold, inclement weather which we estimate will attrit NorK forces to levels local LEO/militia are capable of eliminating within 60 days. Recommend aggressive air/land patrolling. DHS has matched TBi bounties for confirmed kills of NorK commandos for a current total of $20,000 each.

Overall victory status: DRAW
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Rhoades » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:12 am

Donovan I want to congratulate you on the first truly successful op at dead end. It ran smoothly from start to finish. With only a few minor hiccups but that was nothing in your control. But with the refs we were able to nip it in the butt.

I want to say that the swap meet was fairly successful with how much Ron and I and joe made. Not sure how anyone else came off. I do however want to say that next swap meet we need to have people in control of their own stuff instead of in the house at times it became a cluster.

The house pouch should be left to staff only.

I want to thank all those that attended and as a ref I'd like to say I appreciate all the players and feel in general everyone called their hits and would welcome almost all to return to the field.

Its really simple follow the rules and everyone will have a good time, if you have an issue come to a ref, i can assure you we will take care of it, as I did with any issue that was brought to me.

I'm going to tell about the situations just to show that we did take care of situation and to let other know so that this type of thing doesn't happen again.

The only rules i had problems with people not following were the bandage rules, which was by mistake cause we don't play with medics at dead end much anymore... so alot of people would move, and then get a team mate to bandage them, i caught two doing this and sent them back to respawn. Dead end handbook and rules, state that you are allowed to move (10 to 15 feet) to get behind cover. if your already in a safe spot or no cover near, then you must remain in place to be bandaged. These were minor infractions and I just would send the person to respawn.

The biggest problem i had was with one particular person(s) that kept yelling at another player to call their hit, I thought we made this abundantly clear, and I warned this person(s) to not do so multiple times at least 3 or 4 times before approaching the group i knew it was coming from. as I approached the group i ask which one it was, they tried to say that they didn't know, upon giving them an ultimatum of either you tell me who it was, or you all return to repsawn they decided to out their own guy. he went back to respawn. Here is the deal... FOLLOW THE RULES... we made it abundantly clear to not call another player out, if you have a problem you come see the refs... I know who the person(s) were that were involved, and you know who you are. I or any other ref catch this again, and your gone simple as that with the amount of problems we have had from this group since they arrived at dead end months ago the ban will be for at least a month.

The other situation that i didn't see but was brought to me and several others witnessed it, but no one could pinpoint the actual player. We had a lady, that was playing, she got hit, she yelled HIT, HIT. She puts her hands up Continues to yell HIT, HIT. The guy asked her why she isn't going back to spawn as he sprays at her face and hands. She again yells Because I have team mates close by that can put me back in the game. As the guy continues to Spray at her again. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. the people witnessing said you were behind a bush and/or shooting out of one. IF a person yells HIT, changes to a non combative posture (hands up in this case) and your communicating with this person why would you continue to shoot at them. Witnesses close by said that you said you were unsure she was hit. if your in a bush and you can't see clearly enough to shoot this is called blind firing and is also NOT ACCEPTABLE. the fact that you communicated and she clearly told you she was hit and you continued to fire is bad enough. THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. if your caught doing something like this, you will be asked to leave, and possibly ban for x number of weekends if not permanently ban.

We are out there to have fun guys, its really that simple. its just a GAME. i know some of you like to take it serious but in the end its nothing more than a game. your one death and going back to spawn is not going to be the end of the game or world. with a record turn out of 75+ people your one death is not going to be a deciding factor for your teams loss.

Overall great turn out. and Hope so see everyone out next weekend for the normal dead end games!
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby BigRed1 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:07 am

Sounds like it was a great day. And Rhoades, I applaud you for listing some of the case studies of problems that arose. Listing out and discussing situations in this manner can hopefully help people learn and grow and know better how to handle similar things that will inevitably arise on the field in the future!
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Rhoades » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks red!
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Return to Knoxville, TN