Business Suggestions Anyone?

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Business Suggestions Anyone?

Postby embellishedego » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:15 pm

So even though I'm only 16 and graduating high school hopefully in another single semester, but some fellow business students and I were thinking about owning and running an airsoft, paintball, or just a general milsim and weaponry business after we all graduate. Technically I was wondering what exactly it takes to open and run a successful airsoft/milsim field or arena. I'm guessing we would have to deal with first off creating a business plan, getting a start up loan, acquiring a TN business license, creating a release form, somehow attracting players/spenders, and so on. I'm an accounting student through Anderson County High and Roane State, but I feel like no amount of research can help me out like just asking players what would attract them. A group of friends and I have considered opening our own business and we believe that this is a good niche to do so in, but we are only airsoft players with broad imaginations. So i guess this is a basic list of stuff I might need opinions on (no rush for improvements or suggestions, because we have a while):

Land
Building(s) or Structures
Rental Weapons/Gear
Proper Advertisement
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!!
Waivers/Fees
Repairs/Merchandise Shop, which would sell gear/guns/bbs/etc.?
Maybe Broadening the list up to paintball, a firing range, gun store, safety courses, etc.

Bear in mind that I am just creating a possible rough draft of a possible business in the near future, so don't slam us too hard! Thank you for your time!!! -Alec Harmon

embellishedego

Re: Business Suggestions Anyone?

Postby SGT Jeffro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Hey, i would ask the owners of Airsoft Tactical in Chattanooga, or Parafrog in Knoxville. For Airsoft Tactical look for the user Dogsoldier, he runs the store. You can also just look on the Chattanooga Forum
SGT Jeffro

Return to Knoxville, TN