[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - New to the area Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

New to the area

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

New to the area

Postby grant.94 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Grant and I will be attending UT this fall! I don't think I'm gonna bring my airsoft gear first semester, but I do plan on slowly becoming part of the airsoft community. How is airsoft in Knoxville? In memphis it's kind of dead, almost no organized games have happened for months now.

"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Re: New to the area

Postby Vidyogamer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:16 pm

We are pretty active here. There is a field in Maryville, one in Strawberry Plains, and one down the road in Sweetwater. Haven't had a chance to the other two but the Sweetwater field is self funded as far as field upgrades go. They offer lunch and have a small proshop as well.
Just a flesh wound!

CYMA M14
CYMA M14 SOCOM
Tm P90

You just got shot by a fat guy!!

Whats the difference between the Army and the Cub Scouts? Cub Scouts don't have heavy artillery!!
Vidyogamer

Postby keesbb1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 pm

At Dead End Airsoft we offer numerous terrains, a junkyard, a road, a small village and many mountains with valleys and a creek that runs the entire length of our fields. We are on 46 acres and average between 30 and 60 people every Sunday. We play every Sunday from 1 til 6. It's $5 to play. You can check out our website at www.deadendairsoft.yolasite.com where you can print out our waiver or check us out on Facebook. Www.facebook.com/deadendairsoft
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby grant.94 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:26 pm

cool sounds like a much better community than Memphis. How far is sweetwater and deadend airsoft from the University?
grant.94

Postby keesbb1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:33 am

Dead End is about 45 minutes from the campus.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby Drifter » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 pm

According to Google Maps, the Sweetwater field is 56 minutes away from the campus. Check out Sweetwater's facebook page! It will say when we are having games, and it's got a bunch of good pictures too :D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweetwate ... 3587938692
Drifter

Postby grant.94 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Alright cool well I'm looking forward to playing with y'all in the spring, and eventually maybe joining some sort of casual team.
grant.94

Postby BigRed1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Grant -- welcome to the east TN airsoft scene. As said above, there are several good fields and game(s) happening every weekend. Just a word to the wise: Be sure to check things out before bringing your airsoft guns & gear to campus. In the climate of things these days, people are jumpy, and you want to be careful.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby grant.94 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Yeah that's why I'm planning on waiting a while until I really get involved. I may even wait till next year when I'll be living off campus so I don't have to worry about storage. Plus by then I'll have my car.
grant.94

Postby Rhoades » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 pm

gun bags are your friend use them...

made this and it might help everyone out...

http://goo.gl/maps/NM8xK
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby grant.94 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:33 am

oh cool that's really helpful thank you!
grant.94

Return to Knoxville, TN