[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Weapon suggestions for getting started Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Weapon suggestions for getting started

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Knoxville, TN area.

Moderator: BigRed1

Weapon suggestions for getting started

Postby jbjones588 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:44 pm

I am just getting into airsoft and am still learning a lot about places to go and all of the rules. I was wondering what might be a good assault rifle and side arm would be good to start with. Obviously nothing too expensive. All suggestions will be appreciated.

jbjones588

Re: Weapon suggestions for getting started

Postby THE MERCHANT » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:26 pm

If you're just getting into the sport; I wouldn't reccomend purchasing a sidearm... yet. Use the extra dough for a higher end rifles. As for suggestions? I suggest a top notch M4. Why? Easily customizable internally and externally. It's less of a hassle with mags for multiple reasons. Brands? G&P or KWA. Other reputable "beginner" companies: G&G, Echo1.

If you have any questions with suggestions or places to play; just shoot me a PM!
8)
THE MERCHANT

Postby jbjones588 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 am

First I'd like to thanks for the helpful information. Keep it comin'! Secondly I know I will have tons of questions that will come to me. Now I've heard of a few places to play and I've heard a lot of good stuff about dead end in maryville. My question can you just show up at these places and be thrown in with another team or do you need to become apart of a team? Also when I was checking out dead ends website I was checking out the rules and stuff and they had some sort of grid that gave the max fps for different types of weapon classes. My question is what class would an assault rifle fall under and what would be a good average fps that is excepted by most fields. Again thanks for the feedback.
jbjones588

Postby THE MERCHANT » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:06 pm

You sir, have been PM'd.
THE MERCHANT

Postby keesbb1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:24 am

An aeg ( any full aura gun besides m249 saws and m60 etc ) can chrono upto 376 fps with .25 bbs if you have any other questions about Dead End Airsoft you can call me 865 206-2083. My name is Chuck and I run Dead End.
Parallel 38 Bravo Company Commander (Razorbacks)
keesbb1

Postby BigRed1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Jbjones,
There are as many different opinions on starter guns as there are players. Usually, you're looking at the upper $100 or low $200 for a good, entry level gun that can hold its own on any field. As said above, I'd definitely wait on the sidearm until you get a good AEG and the rest of your gear set up. Going by the local store is a great way to see what options are good for you.

It's a good crowd around here, and you'll be welcome to show up at any of the local fields. There's always new guys at every game, and basically the crowd is just divided up into teams at the beginning of the day.

So, come on out! I haven't made it out much to play this summer, but I hope to see you around sometime.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby jbjones588 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:58 am

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely be making it out to a game soon
jbjones588

Postby Rhoades » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 pm

premium option is that dead end airsoft has 3 rental guns, one can be rented for $10 this is probably the cheapest way to see if your going to like airsoft.

most of the fields here for the exception of battlefield are outdoor field types sidearms don't do much good in those situations...

however if your not wanting to spend a lot of money up front just to see if you like airsoft, i'd suggest getting a pistol one can be had for 100-150 dollars gas blow back and hit a Saturday at battlefield its mostly indoor cqb but they do have an outdoor field. reason i suggest a sidearm first is simply low cost, no gear really needed just to find out if your even going to like it first, and if you don't like it you can always tinker around the backyard when your bored with a pistol...

then i suggest saving up for a descent m4 preferable something like what red mentioned... if you can do a 200-300 range you'll be more than fine...

i agree with just about everyone's opinion on here but i'd hate to see you shell out 2-3 hundred and then decide you don't like it...
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Return to Knoxville, TN