[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Operations in Anniston, AL, Saturday, September 23rd Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Operations in Anniston, AL, Saturday, September 23rd

Organized events outside TN, but in the immediate surrounding areas

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, maddcatt

Operations in Anniston, AL, Saturday, September 23rd

Postby mongoman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:16 pm

From the Desk of Mongolius Intoxicus Maximus
CO, 4th Battalion, 20th Regiment, Comapny K, Alabama Airsoft
Volunteers

We will be conducting operations at Dave's Combat Ranch in
Alexandria, AL on Saturday, Setember 23rd, at 12noon until we can’t play anymore. (Email for
directions) Free play will be welcomed and encouraged on Friday
night. All are welcome to attend.

Camping space is unlimited, and out host will be Cooking, and will feed you until you pop for $5 on Saturday Night
We will be conducting maneuvers in various styles and locations of
combat

PLEASE SECURE BIODEGRADABLE BB's

PLEASE BE PREPARED TO MAKE A SMALL DONATION TO OUR HOST

RULES AND WAIVERS AVAILABLE IN THE LINKS SECTION OF THIS LISTSERVER

PLEASE BE READY TO SIGN A WAIVER (signed by parents in advance if
under 18)

PLEASE BE READY TO HAVE A BLAST!!!

PLEASE CONFIRM BY EMAIL IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND!!

office_of_mongo@yahoo.com

http://mongopmongo.tripod.com/ for The Milsporting News

That is all
M

"I would have told anything for those stem cells Smithers"- M. Burns
mongoman

Postby prometheus » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:57 pm

I'll be there for sure.

Mongo, you are a very honorable person, and I will be more than glad to make the trip down.
not only do you run a good show by informing your guests of what's going on, and holding our hands all the way, you are a pleasure to play against because you always call your hits,and are an easy target due to your massive profile.

looking forward to it.
The problems not getting the politicians out of war, its getting the war out of the politicians.
prometheus

Postby prometheus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:38 pm

looks like lindy+1, myself, and michael for sure.
both james' say they will try to come.

how many you expect mongo?
The problems not getting the politicians out of war, its getting the war out of the politicians.
prometheus

Postby prometheus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:39 pm

p.s.
I have a box mag full of .25s with your name on it
prometheus

Game on 23rd Scenario, Schedule, ROE, LONG

Postby mongoman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:38 pm

I think I have you guys down for six folks, but just so you know, if nothing goes BOOM this week, we should have over 40 players. I am posting the following info so everyone can see what we are doing for the game. This is a long post, and contains several sections. Just trying to get all the info out that I can. If you are sitting on the fence, then maybe this will help you make up your mind. Got folks coming from Bham, Mobile, Pcola, Huntsville, Marietta, and Chattanooga. All are welcome, contact me if I can help you get to the game, except for Lindy, because he wants a new car :)

General Scenario Outline
September 23rd Game
Dave’s Combat Ranch

Okay guys, thought we might try something old but something new thrown in.
I want to do the downed pilot scenario, with just a few twists.

First of all, to honor our brothers and sisters of ReconOne and TFAT, I want to put you guys on opposite teams and build the scenario around your groups. The rest of the players will fall under the category of indigenous personnel. For this exercise, I have decided that all indigenous personnel will be Yaki Indian Separatist from Mexico, and we all must wear large sombreros!! Only joking, the indigenous personnel will be split into two groups. Each group will be allied with TFAT or ReconOne. They will, however, have different missions and objectives than the opposing teams. The missions will be related, but altered. Mission parameters will be for each group will be covered in briefing. Each team will have a primary and secondary objective. Radio Freqs and use rules will be covered also.

Scope of play: We will be using almost the entirety of the explored territory. This includes(I know some of these terms will not mean much to you that have not been out before, but you will get the idea.) The Cut, The Hill, The Beaver Dam, The Dam, The Base Camp.

General Outline:

Indigenous personnel will be involved in civil war. During the fighting, an American Recon F-16 was shot down by unknown hostiles. ReconOne has been activated by the DOD to go in and rescue the pilot, recover any and all data from the aircraft, and destroy the avionics and computers on board.

TFAT has been contracted by an interested third party to recover the data from the aircraft and capture the pilot. Photo evidence of the crash site and pilot has been requested from the contracting party for propaganda purposes.

The pilot will be lightly armed, but must not be killed. The pilot will be the only player in the game with special hit/wound rules. He will automatically surrender when his ammunition is depleted. The pilot will have radio communications with ReconOne, but TFAT will have better intel.

Both ReconOne and TFAT will be able to request assistance from allied indigenous factions.

The game will end when either TFAT or ReconOne reaches the extraction point with the pilot.

Limited Respawn will be applied.

Okay, that is the gist of it. I am completely open to suggestions. I plan to play the majority of this game as Game guide/Ref. It seems to be running, and I feel able to, I will play with one indigenous faction or the other as a grunt/ref, as I will know all objectives and such, so any command input would be unfair and biased. I will request that one player from each team act as ref/player. This scenario will need control, and will require four separate briefings. I think the game will play out fairly quickly, and then we can reset, or go to something more mundane if that is what the players want. Please let me know what you think.

UPDATE

Hey guys,

Just a few more things to fill in for you on the scenario we will be running on the 23rd.

Radio Frequencies

Due to the nature of the game, each team will be assigned a radio frequency. We ask that you do not scan channels, or disrupt communications deliberately. The assignments are as follows:

OPFOR1 Channel 1
OPFOR2 Channel 2
Hatzbullah Channel 3
Mckomeni Jihad Channel 4
Referee Channel 5

There will be times when you must radio in to command to receive further instructions, as completion of objectives will cause the next set of circumstances to unfold.

I have posted a rudimentary map of the area at [url]http:/mongopmongo.tripod.com[/url], with names tagged to terrain features that I think we can all remember. It is a google earth shot, with descriptions and highlights of the area, along with text explaining the area. A tour of the area can be conducted 85% by vehicle, so if you come in on Friday evening, it is possible to see most of the map without getting out of the vehicle, excluding trails and such.

Mihel is making signs for the trails and such, hope he gets them done, but no problem if not, we will do our best to make sure you can get around the field. We are using several parts of the field for the first time, and is exciting to do so. In all, I think we will be using over 38 acres of the 50 or so we are allowed to play on.

Event Schedule

Just wanted to give everyone a time frame in which to expect activities to be commencing and ending. All Times CST
Friday
1pm_until: Check in and Registration for those coming in. Chrony will be open, weapons checked. Mongo Chili of Doom provided free, thanks for showing up.
Tours of field available, even well after dark. Just ask Tom, Mihel, Chris, Klook, Michael, John, Houston, or at Sign in. You will see the Duty Tent just as you pull into the parking area. I should be watching TV or playing on the Xbox.

Saturday Morning
8 am, Wake Up, Breakfast, Gratis, Thanks for coming, ending around 930 am.
8am Registration Open

1000am Safety Briefing, Field Briefing, Divide Teams, and Group Pics while we all look good.

1030 Individual Team Briefing
1115 Final Placement of Teams and Insertion
1130 Game Begins
Registration Closes (that does not mean you cannot get in the game, it just means we will have to get your waiver and register you as soon as we can)

Game will run until cycle completed, victor established

Post Game, Food and Recharge Break, 1 hour CAUTION: If you are signing up for food, Dave will feed you until you have to reenter field on stretcher.

After Break

Conventional Scenarios until Players, Guns, or Moral fails.

Note to above Scheduling: All depends on the time it takes to run the first scenario. I believe it should run around three hours, as it is pretty in depth, but I cannot predict the fog of war. If the game runs quickly, we will reset and do other preplanned games that are not as in depth, and break afterward. Fun is number one, and we will always remain flexible to the majority of the will of the players.

If players available, we will play Sunday if it is the will of the participants

Note on General Rules and Codes of Behavior

We generally follow standard rules of engagement and weapons requirements, but we will review. Common sense plays a very important role in our game play.

AEG’s will be allowed firing less than 415 feet per sec, with the average of five shots through the chrony determining final fps

HiCap Mags are allowed

Shatterproof glasses and goggles are allowed. If questionable will be tested with point blank shot. NEVER REMOVE YOUR EYE PROTECTION ON THE FIELD OF PLAY. Find a safe area and deal with fogging and fit issues.

Magazines will not be in guns in camps or assembly areas. Weapons will be safed.

Please mark batteries and chargers with a sharpee to avoid confusion and loss. It is a good idea to mark mags also. Makes finding lost stuff so much easier.

Gun Testing area is available. Standard shooting range rules apply. Eye protection is required in testing area.

We expect you to call your shots. Refs will be on every team, please handle disputes dispassionately through the refs. If you make a complaint, be sure of yourself, try not to be angry, give the other player the benefit of the doubt. It is okay to say, “Troop, I am hitting you, is there a problem?” Try to avoid, “You rubber $@^%$#@$%%^^$$, will you call it if I come over there and bayonet you!”

Please refrain from kill counting in an obnoxious manner. I feel it is okay to say, “I went 5 kills and two deaths”, as a personal yard stick, but is improper to rant, “I owned you sorry b@$#$s, you all suck! I killed you and you, and you, and you hiding over there in shame.” Be mature about it guys and gals.

MEDs are hard to enforce in the heavily wooded environment in which we play. Use your head, if you are charging a bunker, do so with a 350 fps pistol, not a 409 fps AEG.
Shoot for center body mass and the legs, as all hits count the same, combat ineffective result. Bunker defense, please do not shoot folks in the head point blank, use common sense and courtesy. Would you want to be shot in the face point blank? Of course not, be nice out there.

NO BLIND FIRING
Do not stick your weapon out from behind cover and blaze away. Aim at your target, target what you aim at.

Respawns will be every at every 15 minute mark of the hour. In other words, 15 after, 30 after, 15 until the top, the top of the hour. If you get to the respawn at 1027, you respawn at 1030. Please be honest.

WATCH FOR CAUTION MARKERS AND OFF LIMITS AREAS
These areas are off limits for your safety, please, respect these areas.

That is all of the rules as far as game play. Please, safety first, respect your opponents, call your shots, even if you are not sure, why not call it, go respawn, come back in.

General Caution and Common Sense

Our field is heavily wooded, and has dangers of many sorts to the unwary, so be advised.

Watch were you dive, fall, and run. Snakes, old buried rubbish, or other dangers may just be waiting for you to jump on top of them. Check your area, look where you are going to ground, and be careful. I had rather take a bb than get bit by a copperhead.

Boots, bug repellent, and long sleeve shirts are recommended, but not required. Mind the beasties, and a long sleeve shirt will help stop the impact of a hot bb, keep from breaking the skin.

Tom, our XO, got my back and posted what I forgot, thanks Tom

Just to refresh the basics:

Respawn limits- if used will be included in the scenario briefing.

ALL HITS ARE KILLS. If you get hit on the trigger finger, or the head, it's the exact same- you are now dead. Gun hits do not count- unless you are intentionally using your gun to block shots. If you do use the gun as a sheild- to protect a vital body part- gun hits, to ANYWHERE on the gun, do count.

Dead Rags are to be used, and are not to be displayed unless you are actually dead- i.e. don't use 'em to wipe sweat off your brow because someone may assume you're dead and not shoot you. Or wait till you actually are dead, then wipe the sweat off your brow. (Mongo, the brow is that area where your eyebrow sits. ) Dead Rags are any RED rag that's roughly 8" x 8" square, or larger- preferably larger.

As always our preferred form of punishment for rules violation is a firing squad. Firing squad is everyone else gets to shoot you for a couple seconds. EVERYONE else. I really hope someone breaks all the rules, as I have yet to be able to laugh maniacly as someone is being shot by 20 fully auto AEGs for a couple seconds.

And as always, HAVE FUN. (That's like an order and stuff).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug tips:
For those of you who aren't experienced outdoorspersons, ticks carry disease, and otherwise are simply annoying. The majority of ticks, contrary to popular belief, get on you from the ground. The best way of avoiding this is a two fold system: Tuck or Tie, and Spray.

The majority of player wear BDU pants, and boots. If you are one of these people, tuck your bdu pants into the top of your boots, then the ticks can't crawl up your leg(s).

If you wear BDU pants and not-boots, like me, Simply tie the blousing straps- those ribbons that hang out of the bottom of the BDU pant leg. Don't tie them so tight you halt bloodflow, but make them fairly tight, so that a bug can't crawl up them.

Then Spray around this join. Take your bug spray and spray around the areas where your pants are tucked into your boots, or between the top of your shoe and the bottom of your pant leg.

Otherwise, use your bug spray as normal, and you'll be fine.

Poison Ivy:

Poison Ivy is a contact allergen. When the plant is disturbed, like when it sees Mongo naked, or when you jump on it, it releases very fine hairs that cause a minor rash and sever itching. If you don't have it now, you can get it. The more you come into contact with Poison Ivy the more likely you are to become allergic to it. Some people are born allergic, others- like me- gain exposure allergies from rolling in the crap as kids.

The US Forest Service reccommends using spray deoderant on exposed skin prior to exposure. The Deoderant coats the skin and keeps the fibers, released by the plant, from penetrating into the skin and causing the rash. There have been no scientific studies to verify this, but it's what they reccommend. The worse part about Poison Ivy is that contaminated clothing will continue to harbor the fibers until it's washed- even after years. The good thing is that calamine lotion is generally all you need to soothe the itching, and there is some evidence that if you rinse an exposed area with warm soapy water- within the first few minutes- you may not develope the rash and itch.
mongoman

Bullet Magnet

Postby mongoman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:41 pm

mongoman

Postby prometheus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:26 pm

now that I'm done reading........

looking forward to it guys. looks like there may be 6 recon one and 2 others coming from the 'nooga. don't think I will be camping out though.
prometheus

MONGO LOVE TYPE

Postby mongoman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:56 am

mongoman

Re: MONGO LOVE TYPE

Postby Alundiel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:11 am

Alundiel

Sorry man

Postby mongoman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:51 pm

mongoman

Postby prometheus » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:56 am

prometheus

Postby Alundiel » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:43 am

Aww yall.. it was a joke. Didnt mean to make people think they werent welcome.
Alundiel

Postby prometheus » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:51 am

I notice you are in Jackson, I was thinking you were one of the Memphis guys that seem to be a little too opinionated.

just messin with you as well. I have to type this out because I refuse to use emotion icons and such acronyms as LOL. you guys need to come to our oct game. we have only had a few at our new field, this should be the best turnout yet, not to jinx ourselves. it isn't being labeled an event, so as always there will be the 6 dollar field fee (yea 6 bucks) with food available, plus the organization and pyro that some expected to find at other "events"(don't wanta mention which one). we try to do it right every time. the scenarios will be explained and everyone will be treated as equals, not like children. so if you are over 18 come on out, we welcome all.
prometheus

Postby Alundiel » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:24 am

Alundiel

Postby mongoman » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:14 pm

mongoman

Next

Return to Regional Events