[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Sat, July 15th Game, Anniston, AL Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Sat, July 15th Game, Anniston, AL

Organized events outside TN, but in the immediate surrounding areas

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, maddcatt

Sat, July 15th Game, Anniston, AL

Postby mongoman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:03 pm

Greetings all

We will be conducting operations at Dave’s Combat Ranch in Alexandria, AL on Saturday, July 15th, at 2pm. (Mapquest 1600 Cedar Springs Road, Weaver, AL, 36277 for directions)
Camping space is unlimited, primitive cooking available, and restaurants and grocery stores are nearby.

Variety of scenarios to be played, the more the merrier

PLEASE SECURE BIODEGRADABLE BB’s

PLEASE BE PREPARED TO MAKE A SMALL DONATION TO OUR HOST

PLEASE BE READY TO SIGN A WAIVER (signed by parents in advance if under 18, email for copy)

PLEASE BE READY TO HAVE A BLAST!!!

PLEASE CONFIRM BY EMAIL IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND (mongopmongo@yahoo.com)

That is all
M

mongoman

Postby neoific » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:28 pm

What type of facilities are these? Whats the price?
neoific

Postby Steel Wolf » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:37 pm

How often are you holding these? There is a local game here but I would like to come to one in the future.

Steel Wolf
DELTA Mercenaries Steel Wolf
97 Confirmed Kills

"Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest" - U.S. Special Forces
Steel Wolf

Postby Davis » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:29 pm

High speed, low drag
"Beginners talk about gear and skill. Experienced gunmen talk about mindset and tactics."
-James Yeager
Davis

Postby Hunter » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:02 pm

Hunter

Postby Phate » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:22 am

Phate

Questions? Answers

Postby mongoman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:10 pm

Hey guys,

We are playing the second weekend of the month, every month.

We have 10 hardcore players locally, however, we have about another 10 on the fringes.

We have only been inviting folks to the games in the last month or so(Felt we were ready to learn more from others, appreciate your input)

We had a total of 17 at our last game. Our high has been 20. Again, the game on the 15th is our 4th game overall, and only the second one where we have invited folks.

We have 50 acres of woods to play on. It is intersected with roads, dams, beaver dams, game trails, open areas, however, the woods are very dense. Until fall, we are limiting games in the deepest parts of the woods.

We have one field that is approximately 5 acres with bunkers on either end, and an objective/spawn in the middle. We also have constructed somewhere around 8 three sided portable bunkers.

Our site is primitive RIGHT NOW(amazed at what we have accomplished in four months) There is power at the main camp. We do have a portable shower(Zodi propane model), and if you gotta, we have a toilet area set up(personaly I like the hole in the bamboo, makes me feel like a VC) We have shade pavillions and such set up, fire pits, and a microwave. You can cook, you can camp, you can shower, you can go take a dump. THat is as far as we have gotten.

Fast food and grocery stores are within 10 minutes of the site

As of now, we just ask that you make a small donation ($5-$10) to the owner(Dave) to cover his cost of gas for the tractor. He keeps the fields mowed and the roads clear. All he asks is that you pick up after yourselves, and if you smoke, do not throw the butts on the ground. Achohol is permitted for those players over the legal age, and only those of legal age, but blind-running drunk is discouraged. He ask that you sign a general libility waiver(will email upon request) and if under 18, then bring the waiver signed by a parent or guardian. We have an age cutoff of 13.

We have showers and a kitchen about to go up. We have not EVEN thought of stopping construction, we are just gathering more material. A CQB area is going up in the near future, and we would like to sponsor some five man tourneys when we get it up and running.

The field is 1:45 from Chattanooga, about 3 from Nashville. I have been a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA.org) for the last 16 years, so for me that is not far. I have recently had to stop Heavy armored combat because of beforementioned 16yrs of combat plus 11 years of football, and got into airsoft. My trigger finger still works, so I am shooting folks now. We are traveling to Chattanooga on Saturday, the 29th to play with those folks. A few of the guys from Chatt are coming down this saturday.

We do not have a web page up YET(coming soon, still gathering material)but we do have a forum at http://bbgunmilitia.proboards77.com/index.cgi
Let's see, I can post the rules we play by, and we are always open to suggestions.

We use bio bbs at the owners request. As you say, not seeing a lot of degradation occuring. Personally feel they will be the only thing left besides roaches in the event of nuclear holocaust. Maybe the roaches will build their civilization from the bbs. We have grouped together, and are getting 40,000 excel .2 bios for about 11 bucks/3700. I can live with that, and it makes Dave happy.

We are working the bugs out of Pnuematic Claymores, RPG's, and Cannon. I have been shot by everything listed, and we have used the rpg's and clay's. No big deal, lots of noise, probably shoots at about 300 fps(rpg, clays) We have been using plumbers smoke candles from www.superiorsignal.com. Fairly cheap($75./dz) and highly effective. They produce 40,000 cubic ft of smoke in 3 mins, and are safe. We lit one and dropped it in a brazier with cedar limbs and needles, did not catch fire. Dave allows us to use them because of this.

Let me think, I am 42, an Aries(Yes, my wife calls me the God of War), I am a history/military nut, (My favorite channel is THE HISTORY CHANNEL)
I own an xbox, but have not purchased a 360 because I feel the need for newer and better airsoft rifles. I have a seven year old son, 3 cats, and I am a mutant (6'6" 325lbs) but I do not eat children(note earlier mention of son).

I think I covered it, I will post our rules later, must have nicotine.

Mongo
mongoman

Postby neoific » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:17 pm

You sound like a fun individual! I look forward to the events at your area! This weekend I dont think many of the memphis folks will be able to go, but count me in next time for sure. It sounds to me like it has lots of potential!

Do you have any other methods of contact, I would like to speak with you about something :)
neoific

Rules of Engagement, July 15th Anniston Game

Postby mongoman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:57 pm

Rules post, will be glad to answer questions
Mongo.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT AND WARFARE FOR Dave's Combat Ranch

1. GETTING SHOT
We will use the honor system of calling shots. In other words, it is up to you to fall when hit. A hit or kill is defined as follows: Any shot that hits the head, torso, back or groin is a kill. IF YOU DO NOT CALL SHOTS, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE OR SUBMIT TO EXECUTION BY FIRING SQUAD.

After careful consideration, we have decided arm shots will NOT be counted. However, you may take any shot as a kill shot (should you decide you don't want to be wherever you're at when hit). It is important to note, that if you get shot in the arm, and call it as a hit it does reduce the number of lives you may have remaining.

A hit in either leg renders the victim immobile. The target may stand, crouch, kneel, or go prone, but cannot move. If an uninjured player can place a hand on the immobile player, it counts as having medical attention, and the immobile player may move normally. (This isn't a very realistic portrayal, but it's exactly how it happens in the movies- and this is only a game. This rule allows everyone to continue having fun while bringing in the need for teamwork).

There will develop situations where someone gets shot and doesn't feel it, especially with some of the more cumbersome, or stiff gear. There is an easy way to handle this situation:

i) Ask if they are feeling the shots bounce off them. If they're not, inform them you've shot them and they're not feeling it.

ii) If two or more people claim they've seen the shots bounce off the target person, the target person is dead.

iii) If an agreement cannot be reached, shoot them in a different spot.

This isn't the most elegant situation, but it allows play to continue for everyone else, and allows people in their own fights within the battle to handle their own issues. People who are found to be abusing these rules, in either way (saying they shot someone when they didn't, or saying they didn't get shot when they did, multiple times) will be asked to leave or submit to execution by firing squad.

Remember, it's just a game. When in doubt it's better to be honorable and assume you got hit and didn't feel it. Then you can respawn and go hunt down the dirty dog who shot you....

2. ENGAGEMENT RANGE
Avoid face and head shots closer than 10 ft. Some of the courses will consist of fighting in the woods, or in other close proximities. Try not to shoot your opponents in the face, go for shoulder and body shots. (The shoulder is not part of the arm, just as the pelvis is not part of the leg).

3. DEATHS AND RESPAWNS
Since many of the scenarios we will be fighting in will be re-spawn type events, when you are killed, place your weapon over your head and walk to the spawn point.

The only thing you're allowed to do when dead, and heading to your respawn is to shout "Hit", "Dead", "Already Shot", or "Stop Shooting me, I'm dead!" This minimizes dead men talking. During night games, it may be necessary to use a flashlight to find your way back to the spawn point. If this situation presents itself, make sure to ONLY aim the flashlight at the ground directly in front of you. This way you don't inadvertently reveal anyone else's position.

Rules for numbers of spawns, time lags, etc will be according to number of participants.

4. GENERAL SCENARIO INFORMATION
All scenarios will be objective based; this WILL NOT be a run and gun activity.

Unless otherwise noted, out of bounds will be 10 to 20 feet in the woods, away from the playing field- these areas will be pointed out before each match to refresh the experienced players, and inform the new ones.

It's an ambiguous distance for a reason, as it is hard to judge 10 feet in the woods, especially at night. Please do your best to abide by the distance rule. When new players see the density of the folidge, they understand the reason for this rule.
5. ARTILLERY, CREW SERVED WEAPONS, GRENADES, MINES, ETC
A strike to ANY part of the body from artillery, RPG’s, Grenades, or mines is a KILL.

6. REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT

Shatterproof, closed, goggles

Covering for ears.

SUGGESTED

STRONGLY SUGGEST MINIMUM CLOTH COVER FOR FACE.(We play a good deal of the time after dark, engagement ranges fall to zip if you move quietly, so.........)

Knee and elbow pads

nose and mouth cover

gloves

boots

flashlight with red lens

13 channel radio, with ear bud

Never hurts to have a personal first aid kit, either.

7. WEAPONS
Any soft air gun that fires less than 500 ft/second is allowed. This includes battery, CO2, and spring guns. Biodegradable Plastic BBs are required. NO METAL BBs!

All guns will be accepted if they meet the criteria listed above.

No explosives or fireworks allowed! We will be using smoke generators, but in a controlled manner.

8. Cost
As of now, we have no membership dues, but we are asking for donations for our host.

Clothing and uniforms are optional, but remember, if you are seen, you are shot.

I welcome any ideas to expand the weapons arsenal.

All participants will be asked to sign a general waiver of liability. If the participant is under 18 years old, a parent or guardian will be required to sign. These are available on the BBGun Militia List Server. (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bbgunmilitia/)

Mongo
mongoman

Postby cajun » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:26 pm

Nature is one call you can't put on hold.
cajun

Postby prometheus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:08 pm

prometheus

Postby mongoman » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:00 pm

"I would have told anything for those stem cells Smithers"- M. Burns
mongoman

Postby prometheus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:04 pm

prometheus

Postby DrewLawson » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:09 pm

DrewLawson

Postby Phate » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:48 pm

Phate