[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - ACCURATE Map of Highpoint Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

ACCURATE Map of Highpoint

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Chattanooga, TN area.

Moderators: dogsoldier, uberguy

ACCURATE Map of Highpoint

Postby School Boy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:59 pm

this is a map of highpoint that i drew up in a few days from my recollection
if you think any changes need to be made please tell me
all comments negative or positive are appreciated

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Nacht Kinder Squad Leader
KWA USP
School Boy

Re: ACCURATE Map of Highpoint

Postby Spook » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:47 pm

School boy, not bad for a quickie map. You did make small errors, here they are.

1. You left out the gas station and labeled the fuel depot and gas station as one. They're separate. The gas station is right in front of the car near the hotel, the fuel depot is to the side of the gas station.

2. You drew the market too large, leaving out the alley between it and the TV tower. That resulted in you putting the TV tower building beside the market/bank instead of across the alley from it.

3. The tent in the woods behind the mosque is further to the right and a smaller structure.

4. You squished everything on the right too far into the middle. It doesn't seem like a big deal until you remember that there is a nasty kill zone between the TV tower's entrance on the gas station side and Yo Mommas/the fuel depot. Anyone looking at your map would think there was less room there. Anyone in the top floor of Momma's with an M249 owns the entire kill zone until someone takes out the gun.

Seriously though, you did a great job. Your mapping skills are not bad at all.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Spook

Postby RobB52 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Did you seriously just pick this map apart like that?
It’s a rough drawing.

Schoolboy, hack into a satellite and get an aerial picture of the field that way Spook can’t pick it apart down to mere inches and complain that something isn’t in-line with something else.

Pathetic.

Good drawing to me SB. Gives a nice rough draft of the field and what to expect for first time players.
RobB52

Postby School Boy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:18 pm

thanks to both of you
and i thought that spooks advice was helpful
i think he probably knows its rough but this way i can change it

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Nacht Kinder Squad Leader
KWA USP
School Boy

Postby Spook » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Rob, I told him he did a good job. I also pointed out where he'd made his errors. I didn't 'pick it apart' and I know it was a rough sketch cobbled together from memory. By compressing it, he merely put some things in the wrong place. I think his skills are great for someone of his age and experience. Drawing a map from memory is not easy. He asked for comments positive AND negative. I didn't see anything negative really, just out of place. He even got the steps in some of the major buildings correct, which shows attention to detail.

You, laddie, need to come down off your high horse. School Boy, keep up the good work.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Spook

Return to Chattanooga, TN