Highpoint Games Jan 23rd & 24th

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Chattanooga, TN area.

Moderators: dogsoldier, uberguy

Re: Highpoint Games Jan 23rd & 24th

Postby darkwolf » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:52 am

oh i didnt see the rescedual page

g36-c
and a s.a.w machine gun
darkwolf

Postby NGSoldier » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:10 am

enjoyed the two games I made it to had a lot of fun, I guess thats one of the sacrifces you make when you defend the nation one weekend at a time ha.
CHARLIE MIKE
CHARLIE ROCK
NGSoldier

Postby Lt. Dan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Great games on Saturday guys, yall made a backwoods hillbilly like me feel welcome and I appreciate it. The field I have to say is extremely nice, and i look forward to getting down there again.

I took some pics and video I will be putting up on my website (AirsoftAO.com), as soon as it goes live I will post up on tnairsoft but my point is Highpoint will have a dedicated page.

Thanks again :D
Lt. Dan

Location: On the Job while your playing soldier in pretend war-land

Postby LoCOFoX » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:03 am

Awesome time Saturday everyone! It's to bad my M4 decided to strip another set of gears... Well, I don't know if it did for sure. I'm about to break it down and find out the exact problem. Dog I think I'm just gonna repair my ECHO1 MP5SD6 get a madbull barrel and maybe a piston head & cylinder head... If I do that I'll just have to find someone who wants to trade a dual M4 mag pouch for a MP5 pouch. *sigh* Well I guess I can use Zero's shotty til' then. We'll see what happens....... :|
"DON'T GO NINJY'ING NO BODY THAT - DON'T - NEED - NINJY'ING" Diamond Dave ~ Ninja Master
LoCOFoX

Postby DeadCow » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:04 am

I was on the road. Hated to miss this game.
DeadCow

Postby bigb » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 am

I was there Saturday along with a few of my friends from Knoxville. I've been playing airsoft for a long time.. many games at high point and other local fields as well as a handful of big national games. I have to say the the sportsmanship and conduct of some of the players on Saturday was terrible. In the past there have been issues with single players every once in awhile. Members of R1 would sit this player down and talk with them and that would be the end of it. On Saturday it seemed as though there was an influx of players who didn't care to call their hits or trash talk other players. There were multiple occasions that I would land a clear solid hit on a player and they would not call themselves out. This is unacceptable. The only true way to combat this if they won't shape up after a talk is to aim/shoot for places that don't feel good getting hit at. i.e. face... and I'm not okay injuring someone just because they won't call their hits. I'd rather just not play. Yes I was on the side with fewer players and I'm not complaining that we got killed the first few games. I am 100% okay with getting my butt kicked when the numbers were stacked how they were and as long as I was outplayed. I actually enjoyed the target rich environment. What I won't stand for is the unsportsmanlike like conduct. I know that R1 had a group discussion about calling hits and the like but it didn't work. This behavior continued for the rest of the day. I understand that there were many new players to high point there and it is understandable that there will be a learning curve. This is something that we can work with these new players on. I want to be very clear that if people had tried to pull this kind behavior at a big national game; they would have been directed to pack their stuff, leave the base without a refund, and to never return. Let me make it clear that I am in no way upset with any members of R1. I have the utmost respect for what you have built and the level of play you attract. I just want to help safeguard what you have made and help it to progress into the future.
Last edited by bigb on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ETA

OPLS 1 Sniper Team
OPI 7
bigb

Postby XANDER » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Here, here, well said. A lot of times one simply cannot tell they've been hit because of the vest or whatever they're wearing, but it sounds like there was a lot of cheating going on that day. New guys need to learn fast, because now that I'm in Knoxville I can't get to as many games. So, when I do make it, I don't want to run into this kind of behavior. That said, I'm sure this problem won't persist......I learned very quickly to call my hits, especially when I'm alone and the only one holding a building.
You WILL see me at many game, you WILL shoot me many times, and I WILL miss many of the shots I aimed at you......

...but one of those times, I WILL get lucky.
XANDER

Postby dogsoldier » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:58 pm

BigB I could not agree more. That was the worst day at highpoint I have ever seen. Alot of our embedded refs were not there and I think that really affected the ability to quell the problem players. I had hoped to address this in a post by itself ( and probably still will) so that everyone can concentrate on its message. But for those of you new guy's that showed up last week ( not all, but you know who you are) I was very forgiving. Next game and forthwith I will not be. If you think that you will not be ejected from game play and even banned from the field. Think Again. One of you has already been told not to return. I am currently working up a simplified rules and regs for the field. It will be your responsability to them from top to bottom. They WILL be enforced with no mercy. I'll be damned if a few new guys will ruin what we have built here. So if you can't play with honor forget about playing at highpoint. You have been warned. I will post more in a dedicated thread later. To those new guy's that demonstrated honor and integrity welcome you (along with the regulars) saved the day from a total ruin. See you for a better game next time.

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Postby Lt. Dan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:58 pm

I experienced the hit calling issues just as everyone else did but I made it a point not to get upset, heck I was a visitor to your guys local field. However when someone didnt call their hit, I peppered their face a little and it seemed to provide a little more motivation to speak up "HIT!", it made a few folks mad (you know who you are) but hey gotta learn to abide by the rules some how. What was really the kicker for me was the assumption that every shot taken at some of us (on the recon 1 side) was a hit in the game where we were in the city and they had to assault. I experienced players telling me I was hit when in fact I wasnt, not only was I not hit but it wasnt even close lol, as well as them making statements to our team mates of the same but out of sheer respect for the field and the games if someone tells me Im hit I will call it to avoid conflict. Respawn is only a few steps away. Inexperienced shooters do need to know that in airsoft and even in real life you can miss a target on full auto from 5 feet away, just because you are shooting AT someone doesnt mean you are hitting them.

Now if you guys want to really experience some non hit calling just hit up ANY north Carolina Airsoft game, actually yeah,,, better not. :lol:
Lt. Dan

Postby dogsoldier » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm

This was definitely not the normal game at HP. Not only was it embarrassing, because we had some great guests in from out of town and we have had a long standing reputation for not having these issues. But it shocked me that even after the warning they persisted. I have not had to call anyone out in so long I forgot what it was like. but next game to put it bluntly. You don't follow the rules you go home less 10$ and humiliated.

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Postby Lt. Dan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Dont sweat it bro, I still had an absolute blast. Still wasnt half the non hit calling we deal with up here at any given game. :mrgreen:
Lt. Dan

Postby Nerble » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Ditto LT, We had a blast.........
"I fell asleep too, but I didnt get lost ..... I woke up exactly where I fell asleep" OP jv..... 2009
Nerble

Postby Hal9000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:55 pm

Saturday was my first game, and I had a great time. I'm still learning all details, and I hope I didn't commit any offenses- I'll assume I'm safe since I didn't get reprimanded by anyone. But thanks for the good games. I can't wait for the next one! And thank you, Foxhound, for welcoming me into airsoft and letting me tag on with you all. :D
Hal9000

Postby LoCOFoX » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Hal9000 - No problem man, we know what it's like to go there alone, not knowing anyone, and then be expected to know what's going on... I feel bad for leaving you out that last game when Dog asked how many we had with us. I kinda forgot we were scouting you. Like I said I get caught up in the game and forget everything except what comes natural lol. You gonna make it to the next game? I may sit one out solely just to watch you if your still interested in FH. Oh, read what I'm about to say to Lt. Dan so you know the Foxhound team forum on here is NOT our teams thread. :)

Lt. Dan - I see you have the Mountain Man Militia tags on your signature, are you the same Lt. Dan that moderates the Foxhound team forums from the Tri-cities area? Just curious, cause when we formed Foxhound we didn't know there was another FH team, that close anyway... :|

Dog - About the stuff I talked to you about on the PS3 the other day, the 24 hour war games. If you ever want to run an experimental one so you can figure out what all to play and so on for a game that long, and what rules to set in ect. ect.. We would gladly assist. Hell, the majority of us have that kind of time on our hands to burn anyway lol! As for the problem people I've instructed FH firmly to watch and listen for guys on our side getting hit. I know that you know we were not linked to them in anyway but the fact that we were playing on the same team still bothers me because you always get that person who don't know saying half their effin team isn't even calling hits and I don't like being associated with that at all. Now, I do know that if in a fire fight, I might not know I got hit because of what I told you before about all the cardboard I have in my vest and with the guns shooting not hearing it. However, like the other guy, I think it was bigb, who said if someone said they hit me, I will call it. But, I also have 2 layers of dual ply cardboard on every side of my vest.

Anonymous - For those uncoordinated balls of ghey that can't sync up being hit by a BB and saying HIT! shortly after, find a new sport to play or man up when you get hit. Like Dog said, no one is keeping up or CARES how many people you killed. The idea is to come out and have fun, the only reason missions even exist is because team death match would get hella old, hella fast. So, for those of you who are allowed back please don't make it an issue again, I will friendly fire the sh*t out of you if I see you get hit and not call it. :twisted:

Dog - Sorry if I went overboard there, but, trust me, it annoys me just as much as you...
Last edited by LoCOFoX on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"DON'T GO NINJY'ING NO BODY THAT - DON'T - NEED - NINJY'ING" Diamond Dave ~ Ninja Master
LoCOFoX

Postby Hal9000 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Yea, I was a little apprehensive. I really enjoyed it though. It's cool though; He did ask how many were on your team, which I technically am not :P
I'm gonna try to make it to the next one, but my sisters and I are throwing a party for my mom, so I'll have to figure out what time that starts. I'm still interested in joining up, if you guys'll take me. :P I can usually catch on pretty quickly.
Hal9000

Previous

Return to Chattanooga, TN