[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Insane Town Field Evening Games July 15th! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Insane Town Field Evening Games July 15th!

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Chattanooga, TN area.

Moderators: dogsoldier, uberguy

Insane Town Field Evening Games July 15th!

Postby InsaneJared » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Insane Paintball/Airsoft is opening our town field on Thursday, July 15th for open airsoft play from 5pm-9pm.

Cost is $15.00 plus tax per person. We have Javelin bb's available in .20 and .25 gram if needed.

Due to our liability insurance requirements, FULL PAINTBALL ASTM CERTIFIED FACE AND EYE PROTECTION WILL BE REQUIRED. Sorry, we know many of you hate full masks but we have to require it to cover us with insurance.

No sniper guns will not be allowed due to close quarters. Maximum velocity is 375 fps with .25 bb's.

You must be at least 12 years old to play and all participants will be required to sign waivers. If under 18 a parent must sign one for you. They can be printed off the website at www.insanepaint.com or www.insaneairsoft.com.

This will be the first time we have opened the field for open play so we expect there to be a learning curve for us in running airsoft games, so any advice, comments, or constructive criticism would be appreciated!

We hope to give the Chattanooga airsoft community more options during the week and on days when there are not other games going on in the area.

We are also working on turning one of our indoor fields into an urban airsoft field for night play indoors. We know there has been alot of requests for indoor play in Chattanooga and we hope to help everyone out in the near future once we are running outdoor games smoothly.

Please call the store at 423-624-2121 if you have any questions or reply here and we will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks alot,
Jared Powell
Insane Paintball/Airsoft

InsaneJared

Re: Insane Town Field Evening Games July 15th!

Postby lockinload » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:52 pm

hey I dont have a face mask but I have a helmet, ess goggles, and a condor face wrap, and a shemagh I can wear. will I be aloud to play with this set up? it is exactly like the set up in the piccture except I wear goggles instead of glasses.
Attachments
modern-warfare-2-gi-cover.png
modern-warfare-2-gi-cover.png (201.2 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
TSR2...bow-chicka-wow-wow
Magpul KWA M4A1 R.I.S.
KWA SR10
I AM THE MULTICAM MAN!!!

Airsoft,like paintball,but for real men
lockinload

Postby lockinload » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Magpul KWA M4A1 R.I.S.
KWA SR10
I AM THE MULTICAM MAN!!!

lockinload

Postby Hal9000 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Hal9000

Postby lockinload » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 pm

well I just wasn't sure, its all i got and i'm not gonna go out and buy a mask just for this. I mean ess goggles and a helmet are better than any paintball face mask =P no offence or anything but I would like to hear from the event coordinator, but thanks for the opinion.
thanks
Magpul KWA M4A1 R.I.S.
KWA SR10
I AM THE MULTICAM MAN!!!

lockinload

Postby uberguy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:36 am

I don't think he gets on here regularly. you should call his store, it's the best way to get the answers you need. good chance they rent them there
Regular Guy
uberguy

Postby XANDER » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:21 pm

That sucks cause I wear glasses, meaning if I put on a facemask, I'll have a MAJOR fog problem. I'm not sure it's worth it if I've to pay $15 dollars and not even be allowed to wear what I want. It's friggin' airsoft!!!

It sounds fun though...
You WILL see me at many game, you WILL shoot me many times, and I WILL miss many of the shots I aimed at you......

...but one of those times, I WILL get lucky.
XANDER

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:37 am

I'm going to go out and play. I've played this field a number of times as a paintballer, and I'm looking forward to playing it with airsoft. I'm going to go by the store later today and will ask about the face protection thing (whether or not a neopreme wrap will do). If you play at any indoor field they require full face protection. They're just doing the same thing due to the close quarters that you're playing in, even though the field is outside. It will be cqb. You have to remember that Insane Paintball is a large business and has to keep certain standards to be able to keep their insurance. Personally, I don't play airsoft without some face protection. Way too many stories about people getting teeth shot out. Personally, I'm just not "hard core" enough to go through the pain and the money of having a tooth chipped or shot out completely. I know I'm in the minority with that, but with my luck I will be one of the few who gets a tooth shot out...
Cliff "MrBlack" Ling
Captain, The Black Knights
http://www.TheBlackKnights.net
MrBlack

Postby XANDER » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:55 am

I already got half a front tooth chipped out from someone throwing a walnut at me.

At any rate, shooting glasses, a hat, and a ducking reflex at the first sound of AEG whining have kept me from getting hit in the face. I'd wear a mask that covers my nose and mouth, but anything higher than that and I get fogged up.

Fogging is not fun, hence I will probably not be attending the game. I do, however, completely understand the requirements.
You WILL see me at many game, you WILL shoot me many times, and I WILL miss many of the shots I aimed at you......

XANDER

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:33 am

I understand the fogging thing completely. After playing scenario paintball for about 20 years I came to understand that THE most important piece of equipment is a good set of goggles with a FAN. When me and my team started looking at airsoft, the first thing we started looking for equipment wise after guns was googles with fans in them. Not enough sets out there imho. If you want to come and play, I have a mask with a fan in it you are welcome to use. Just PM me if you're interested, Xander.
Cliff "MrBlack" Ling
MrBlack

Postby lockinload » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:34 pm

it would be nice if they had you sign a waiver, I think I'm goin to call about that today, because I am not a fan of masks at all.
Magpul KWA M4A1 R.I.S.
KWA SR10
I AM THE MULTICAM MAN!!!

lockinload

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Talked to Jared at Insane about face protection today, so let me go ahead and clarify:

Goggles must be worn that are certified to be safe (ASE certified?, is that what it's called). Insurance will not allow anyone wearing glasses. Must be goggles.

Face protection must be worn, but it just has to be some sort of face protection. If you have a neopreme mask or a shemah, you're good.
Cliff "MrBlack" Ling
MrBlack

Postby InsaneJared » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:02 pm

InsaneJared

Postby InsaneJared » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 pm

http://www.jtusa.com/?visionsystems=7925

The above link shows the paintball style goggles that are the minimum required to play at our facility. If you do not wear a full paintball mask we will require you to wear a shemagh or something similar to cover your mouth and face.

Hope this clarifies a bit more.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It stinks to have to require it but its just part of the rules for us to be able to offer airsoft games.

FYI, I know JT USA used to make an airsoft specific mask. Not sure if they still make them but I know they are out there. The link below shows it. Only $25.00 bucks and this is perfect for what we require. I know Mr. Black has cut a JT mask to basically look like this. Its cool cause it even says "Soft Air" on the goggle strap.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CYQ8wIwAA#

Thanks guys!

Jared
Insane Paintball/Airsoft
InsaneJared

Postby XANDER » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Thank you for clarifying that a bit. I have something similar to that lying around, but unfortunately I've already scheduled a non-airsoft related event.

I will DEFINITELY be on the lookout for the next event. To everyone that attends, have fun!

XANDER

Next

Return to Chattanooga, TN