KWA M1911 MkIV PTP - Any problems yet?

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Chattanooga, TN area.

Moderators: dogsoldier, uberguy

KWA M1911 MkIV PTP - Any problems yet?

Postby french1973 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:50 pm

On Monday, July 19, I received my KWA M1911 MkIV in OD Green from Airsoft GI. They sent it in a weeks time. Today was the first time I had to put it through it's paces. I also bought two extra mags just in case High Point decides to have a Pistol and Shotgun Game (hint, hint).

Anyway, before I used it, I did clean it thoroughly and lubed it sparingly. However, I only got five rounds through it before it quite. As you can imagine, I was disappointed (just a little). It was chambering as it should and all functions worked (trigger pull, hammer fall, safeties, etc). It just wasn't getting any gas (and yes, I did put gas in the mags). All three mags functioned correctly when the valve was pushed separately, but not in the pistol. KWA wants me to send it in in order to possibly diagnose a new problem since I am the second or third person ever to send back this model. Isn't that a b#tch. Oh well. it's still under warranty but I still have to pay for shipping. At least I have my trusty G17. Glocks ALWAYS work. The front sight is gone, but it always works.

Anyway, does anyone have any issues with this new KWA M1911 Mark Series? I'd like to know, and so would KWA.

Remember, being a gun owner is a "Right", not a privilege. By being a responsible and safe gun owner (even Airsoft guns), we can help change the publics negative image of gun owners and Sports like this. Stay in the Fight.

KWA M4 Magpul / DE M58A Shotgun / KWA M1911 Mk IV / good trigger control
french1973

Re: KWA M1911 MkIV PTP - Any problems yet?

Postby dogsoldier » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:01 am

We haven't had any of the first run come back. 1 had a slightly (and I mean slightly) leaky mag but after leaving some green gas in it for a couple of minutes the seals seemed to re lube and hold. Kwa has great service though and should take good care of you.
BTW We usually do a pistol and shotgun round or two at every HP game. Hell, I've seen some guy's come out with only a shotgun several times. (Tim and Mike are shotgun masters).lol

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Postby french1973 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Not to stray off the subject, but, I haven't actually bought an AEG yet. I only have a DE M58 full stock shotgun and a couple of pistols (one of which I have to send back-KWA-, Grrr). It would be nice not no see automatics for a change. I'm trying to make up my mind on an AEG. For my first one, I don't want a project gun. I want it great right out of the box, both suitable for CQB and field. I don't mind investing good money, but I want my money's worth.

Okay, back to the KWA M1911 Mark Series...
french1973

Postby french1973 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:58 pm

About my KWA M1911 MkIV:

KWA said that they had to replace the firing pin. They said not to "dry fire" it without a "filled" mag in the gun, since there isn't the normal gas pressure behind the firing pin. Therefor, the pin travels too far. Possibly causing damage.

In conclusion...if you own one of these KWA Mark Series M1911s, do not dry fire it if you can help it. Just try and make it part of your muscle memory. If there is no "filled" mag in your pistol, don't fire it. Just like real firearms. Don't dry fire.
french1973

Return to Chattanooga, TN