rambling's from an exhausted Dog

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Chattanooga, TN area.

Moderators: dogsoldier, uberguy

rambling's from an exhausted Dog

Postby dogsoldier » Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 pm

I am on various forums and boards and as of late I see so many posts that settle for cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct as a part of our sport. This not only saddens me but worries me about the longevity of an honor sport. where its game promoters, field owners and players are beginning to accept these behaviors as normal. I challenge all field owners and game promoters to stop worrying about who you might offend and how many (cheating or unsportsmanlike) players will not return to pay an admission fee. But instead concentrate on ridding those offensive players from your events. It may seem in the short run that to offend paying players is not a good business decision. but what business or sport will we have left if we sit by and watch these idiots destroy it for the sake of not offending them. Players do your part to weed this cancer from our midst while there is time. mentor new players, report offensive players to game admin, even blacklisting players known to be problems from private backyard games. Airsoft is not a bad man contest and how cool are you in reality if you won a bb gun war.lol
I have long said that one of the great things about airsoft is everyone wins every game. Think about it, even if you lost the objective but you had the most hellacious battle. You still won. What did the team that won the objective get? Same as you a great adrenaline pumping battle. I have always seen airsoft as more of a team building sport that one plays against him/herself. did I take the right shot at the right time, did I move tactically on my target, did I do what I needed to do to best help my side put forth the most fierce fight we could? Did I give my opposing team the most pitched battle its ever fought? I would rather lose every game and fight the most intense battle ever than to win and been bored. Thats Airsoft to me and just my .02 But I hope its food for thought for many.

I would like to acknowledge a few people for their help in getting the field back up. this build period was the longest and most demanding we have done since Jimmy (the field owner) asked me many moons ago " well how big a building do you wanna build" lol
This year we had storm damage, weather hold ups galore, dissapearing contractors and many more obstacles to over come. But these guy's stepped up and got things done.
Recon One of course, especially cowboy. They do so much for the playing community/sport that goes unnoticed.
T.A.G 's Eric Byrd and Derrick Whitaker for teaching us some new construction tricks and building some great bunkers.
Roy Hamerick and Michael Johnston from the Lafayette crew.
There were many more that volunteered to help, but do to me misplacing my mind during this I dropped the ball on contacting you. ( ie Black Knights and More ) We Thank you just the same for being willing to help.

I have put up the new fps limits and rule set. in the highpoint info and rules thread. please read and adhere to them. with the explosion of new players we will be more diligent than ever to weed out the bad apples, do not be one of those guy's. we have spent alot of time trying to balance safety with realism and an intense enjoyable experience. We feel this rule set as of now will work for that goal.

Thanks and goodnight!

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Return to Chattanooga, TN