[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Clarifying the Rules at Highpoint Facility Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Clarifying the Rules at Highpoint Facility

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Chattanooga, TN area.

Moderators: dogsoldier, uberguy

Clarifying the Rules at Highpoint Facility

Postby SLIM » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Let me start off by saying I personally do not have any problem or issue following rules and regulations at highpoint field, and have always made an effort to be sure I was abiding by them at all times. This post is not to try and change your guidelines, but I do ask that they be updated. When a game is posted it states to "please be sure to read rules before attending," but in recent games the rules posted are not what is being followed during play. For example, it clearly states there is no shooting through cracks. However, this past game at high point we were told if you could fit your hand through a hole/crack, it was a legal shot. The fps limits posted are not current with what is allowed and not allowed. I have never been accused personally, but every game you can count on hearing someone claim they were blind fired on. I have heard nothing official, but I am hearing through the grapevine now that thunder b's are outlawed and were not allowed to be used at the jr. league game last Sunday. I don't see anyone having a problem following whatever rules are decided on, but they need to be amended accordingly so there is no misunderstanding. When the posted rules contradict the rules at the game, and then in turn these rules are subject to change, it causes too many grey areas. I think if everything was addressed, updated, and then only written rules were followed, we wouldn't have as many problems and confusion. I feel that this is a major reason for all the arguing and complaints, and by cutting those two things out of the equation alone would make everyone have a more enjoyable airsoft experience. Again, this post was in no intention of starting conflict, and is a legitimate issue I feel needs to be looked into so we can make games at Highpoint the best they can possibly be. Thx

The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you would ever look.
SLIM

Re: Clarifying the Rules at Highpoint Facility

Postby dogsoldier » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:57 pm

I think part of the issue of the last event is my fault. I Have not been able to make the last few games and Fox ( along with help from some other R1 team mates) has been great enough to step up in my place and take it upon himself to host the games. That being said Fox has played at HP for some time and late last year the rules underwent an overhaul and he may have gotten a few things confused. Trust hosting/running games or events is no easy task and I kinda just threw him to the wolves with no prep. Due to my own personel schedule being compromised. I appologize for any confusion caused by this and I think Fox has done a great job given the task. I also thank the guy's for stepping up to take care of this in my absence.
That being said, The next ( and biggest) contributing issue is the lack of attention paid by players during briefing and the misinformation spread by others that seem to think they can make it up as they go. The rules posted here and the fps limits are current. Now to address some of your direct questions. Thunder b grenades are not be banned although we had questions concerning their safe use. But until we get more info and dialogue they will stay in use. Its always safety first at hp. Secondly there is no shooting thru cracks but if you are hit thru a crack from a long shot ie bunkers on hill that are somewhat porous or gaps. that shot should be honored so that the person who made it gets the enjoyment of their skill in the shot. no gray area's there. You cannot shoot out of a crack under any circumstance not even long shots.
Other issue is since the sport is exploding we have new and not so new players seeming to think they can push the rules to the edge and not suffer a penalty. I assure you this is not gonna work out. some of you ( and you know who you are) are already on the watch list and it will not take much for you to be banned.
And lastly the other issue is some new players play at other facilities that allow this BS behavior to exist and then come to HP and have to adapt a new level of sportmanship and honor. because they have become accustomed to what go's down at place X. so they still think they must bend rules, overshoot or headshot etc.to get hits called.
Lastly as the sport grows We as a community will endure some growing pains. however R1, Fox and Myself will do whatever it takes to make sure we get thru this time as painless as possible. No matter who we have to boot to do it. We have always been about quality over quantity and that will not change.
Thanks slim for bringing this up it allows me to get some things out that needed to get out without me seeming to be an undue hardass about it from left field. As always anyone who has an issue or suggestion feel free to bring it to me at anytime games, call me at the shop or email me with any thing you need.

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Postby Holy Bejeezus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Last sunday we didnt use thunder b's for the saftey concerns. Not to mention Slim's literally blowing to pieces on us at the Saturday game. Just to be clear we can use them for the games coming up?

Also, I know this is the most difficult task for a ref but can we try to get the new guy's attention during briefing? :lol: There was suppose to be a 3 minute bleedout and it ended up being a clusterf*** from a lot of people just walking off field when they were hit.

Custom Matrix G36C
KWA Mod 1
G&G G26
JG AUG A3
Socom Gear 1911
CYMA G18
KWA SR12
KWA G36C
KWA KP45 Match
KWA KP45 Match
E1 ER-16
E1 P90
UTG MK96
E1 G36K
Holy Bejeezus

Postby LoCOFoX » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:35 pm

"DON'T GO NINJY'ING NO BODY THAT - DON'T - NEED - NINJY'ING" Diamond Dave ~ Ninja Master
LoCOFoX

Postby dogsoldier » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:37 pm

1.Why were you at a 17 and up game with no clearance?
2. 3rd paragraph Point made.
3. Its not just new players that have serious issues listening during briefing's there are quite a few.

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Postby Holy Bejeezus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 pm

I was selling something to a guy that asked if i could make a trip out there because he was "very interested" but then never showed. I had my m16 and a plate carrier in the back so they told me just grab my gear from the car and come play since I was already there.

Custom Matrix G36C
KWA Mod 1
G&G G26
JG AUG A3
Socom Gear 1911
CYMA G18
KWA SR12
KWA G36C
KWA KP45 Match
KWA KP45 Match
E1 ER-16
E1 P90
UTG MK96
E1 G36K
Holy Bejeezus

Postby LoCOFoX » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 pm

"DON'T GO NINJY'ING NO BODY THAT - DON'T - NEED - NINJY'ING" Diamond Dave ~ Ninja Master
LoCOFoX

Postby xxCOWBOYxx » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:29 am

The whole shooting through cracks thing is very hard to enforce. It's hard to say what should be considered a crack or a hole. Everybodys opinion is different. That's why we started the "if you can put your hand through it both ways" thing. As the field has degraded it's become a bigger issue. Thats why we started saying you can't shoot through any and all cracks. The problem is that still doesn't really give a definition to what is considered to be a crack.

Blind firing will always be an issue. We just have to do the best we can to correct people when we see it happen.
xxCOWBOYxx

Postby Holy Bejeezus » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:16 pm

The guy that Jimmy left to be in charge of the property and to work the lil' food stall. I showed up around 3 and asked him for the sign in sheet to look for the guy that asked me to come. He told me I needed to pay real quick, I responded that I am not allowed at the Sat. games. He told me it didn't matter because they had already let a 13 year old and a 14 year old through so I can play if I would like to considering I'm a regular. So I grabbed an extra gun and my plate carrier i leave in the truck.

Custom Matrix G36C
KWA Mod 1
G&G G26
JG AUG A3
Socom Gear 1911
CYMA G18
KWA SR12
KWA G36C
KWA KP45 Match
KWA KP45 Match
E1 ER-16
E1 P90